Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 78169 times)

hurple

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 2
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2015, 04:00:14 PM »
In the CW universe 30 is old enough to have been in WW2, even without the whole earth being years ahead :P

and yeah doc, that was him taking pictures

I'm hoping he is around 30, and his earth is set in the 50's, so... he was in WW2

And I hope we get a glimpse of his earth's heroes... Dr Midnite, Dr Fate, Atom, Steel, Green Lantern, etc...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2015, 05:04:51 PM »
So, after having had a little more time to think about it, I can articulate some of the reasons why:

Spoiler for Hidden:
The singularity was the big cliffhanger from Season 1, but gets resolved in a couple of minutes of flashback in Season 2?  They should have fitted this into the finale if it was going to be a blip of a resolution.  Would have been a hell of a kicker to have two characters die in the finale; after Eddie, nobody would have expected another death.  Perhaps too much to ask the fans to accept, however.

I've articulated this above, but Edge/Adam Copeland's appearance as Atom Smasher was completely underwhelming.  Very little screen time, a lost opportunity to capitalize on bringing in a related market - wrestling fans.  Comics and wrestling share a lot of common features, so bringing in a popular wrestler is a great opportunity to expand your fanbase.  Even if they had done the entire episode exactly as is, but Atom Smasher doesn't die, you give wrestling fans a reason to keep watching because he might be back.  Since he's dead, I wouldn't be surprised if wrestling fans shrug and never come back.

Henry gets out of jail and doesn't want to spend time with his son?  While he may have been right that his presence would distract Barry from being the Flash, at least give it a couple of episodes to pay off the emotional arc from last season before showing that it's interfering and then have Henry leave town.

What the hell is going on with Robbie Amell?  Is he on the show or not?  I wonder if there were contract problems in the summer and that's why he's been written out in favour of the "Jason Rusch" analogue on Legends.  We did the whole "Caitlyn pining for Robbie's death" last season.

Spoiler for Hidden:
My guess was Henry and Ronnie were contract casualties and their write outs were for that rather than actual plot reasons. The Henry exit explanation was bad even by CW writing standards. Would probably be easy enough to find out but I can't be bothered.
Also possible that Robbie Amell's Tomorrow People cancellation deal called for him to appear in one season of a CW show until he dies or the network folds:P If that's the case I doubt we'll see Golden Glider again either.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2015, 05:09:25 PM »
Edit to last - checked Google. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/flash-boss-season-2-premiere-829847

Spoiler for Hidden:
Evidently Robbie Amell is doing a movie and the X-Files reboot series. Flash producer said given it's a comic world he could always show up again.
Also said Henry would stick around in a similar capacity, so I was evidently giving the writers too much credit.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2015, 06:40:07 PM »
Edit to last - checked Google. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/flash-boss-season-2-premiere-829847

Spoiler for Hidden:
Evidently Robbie Amell is doing a movie and the X-Files reboot series. Flash producer said given it's a comic world he could always show up again.
Also said Henry would stick around in a similar capacity, so I was evidently giving the writers too much credit.

The out is simple... when Firestorm split, Martin Stein fell to this Earth, Ronnie Raymond fell to Earth 2.  When Garrick goes home, he finds Ronnie and brings him back.

Easy peasy.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2015, 06:44:37 PM »
Or Ronnie fell to Earth prime, where he started a semi-successful acting career.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2015, 07:33:20 PM »
Or Ronnie fell to Earth prime, where he started a semi-successful acting career.
With amnesia!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2015, 09:34:04 PM »
With amnesia!

Must be a new season of Once Upon a Time!
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2015, 03:14:06 PM »
Must be a new season of Once Upon a Time!

I keep telling my wife that sooner or later, now that they own them, that Star Wars or Marvel Universe characters should start popping up on the show...

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2015, 10:39:54 PM »
So, after having had a little more time to think about it, I can articulate some of the reasons why:

Spoiler for Hidden:
The singularity was the big cliffhanger from Season 1, but gets resolved in a couple of minutes of flashback in Season 2?  They should have fitted this into the finale if it was going to be a blip of a resolution.  Would have been a hell of a kicker to have two characters die in the finale; after Eddie, nobody would have expected another death.  Perhaps too much to ask the fans to accept, however.

I've articulated this above, but Edge/Adam Copeland's appearance as Atom Smasher was completely underwhelming.  Very little screen time, a lost opportunity to capitalize on bringing in a related market - wrestling fans.  Comics and wrestling share a lot of common features, so bringing in a popular wrestler is a great opportunity to expand your fanbase.  Even if they had done the entire episode exactly as is, but Atom Smasher doesn't die, you give wrestling fans a reason to keep watching because he might be back.  Since he's dead, I wouldn't be surprised if wrestling fans shrug and never come back.

Henry gets out of jail and doesn't want to spend time with his son?  While he may have been right that his presence would distract Barry from being the Flash, at least give it a couple of episodes to pay off the emotional arc from last season before showing that it's interfering and then have Henry leave town.

What the hell is going on with Robbie Amell?  Is he on the show or not?  I wonder if there were contract problems in the summer and that's why he's been written out in favour of the "Jason Rusch" analogue on Legends.  We did the whole "Caitlyn pining for Robbie's death" last season.

Robbie is out because he's getting movie roles now and he got a role in the X-Files mini-series.  He probably would have been willing to continue part time as Firestorm if it were only on Flash but becoming a main character in Legends wouldn't have given him enough freedom to do the other projects he wanted. 

Spoiler for Hidden:
And who says Atom Smasher died?  Yeah we saw him die but that doesn't mean a thing.  I agree though, he was tremendously underused.  He should have made multiple appearances this season as Zoom's muscle.  But he probably couldn't get the time off from Haven since it's on a different network.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2015, 01:11:41 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Oh Dear Lord they did the iconic picture in live action! :D

Victor Garber has been a great addition to the show. I'm going to be sorry to see him leave.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I suppose Jay doesn't have his speed now because he'll return home when he gets it.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2015, 02:45:58 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

Victor Garber has been a great addition to the show. I'm going to be sorry to see him leave.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I suppose Jay doesn't have his speed now because he'll return home when he gets it.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I think they did a story once where Barry is on another Earth and he loses his speed because either the Speed Force didn't exist in that universe or it was not tuned to him or something. I'm guessing its the same thing here though it doesn't explain Zoom having his powers still.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2015, 12:16:56 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

I loved it!
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2015, 02:21:41 PM »
Anyone think that was Earth-2 at the end? The rocket in the Star Labs lobby looked an awful lot like they way they used to draw Kal-el's rocket in the 1940's and '50's.

I guess this is how Tom stays on the show. Can't wait.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2015, 02:28:24 PM »
Anyone think that was Earth-2 at the end? The rocket in the Star Labs lobby looked an awful lot like they way they used to draw Kal-el's rocket in the 1940's and '50's.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it, too.

oh... and... 52 portals...

bwah-ha-ha-ha

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2015, 02:47:34 PM »
That's exactly what I thought when I saw it, too.

oh... and... 52 portals...

bwah-ha-ha-ha

I thought of that and was thinking that we can see things from other Earths as well - Earth 3, 4, 5, whatever.

Unless its something boring like all 52 portals lead to Earth 2.

Also the train we saw at the start of that scene is the kind of vintage, yet futuristic looking technology they used to have in those 40's books as well.

Of course we don't know anything about this version of Wells - he could be a bad guy for all we know.

I just hope this is a season long thing and not wrapped up in like 4 episodes. There is SO much they could do with this multiverse arc.

Heck they could even promote the new Flash film by making that one of the alternate Earth's.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2015, 07:33:02 PM »
I thought of that and was thinking that we can see things from other Earths as well - Earth 3, 4, 5, whatever.

Unless its something boring like all 52 portals lead to Earth 2.

Also the train we saw at the start of that scene is the kind of vintage, yet futuristic looking technology they used to have in those 40's books as well.

Of course we don't know anything about this version of Wells - he could be a bad guy for all we know.

I just hope this is a season long thing and not wrapped up in like 4 episodes. There is SO much they could do with this multiverse arc.

Heck they could even promote the new Flash film by making that one of the alternate Earth's.

Oh, I'm hoping they go whole hog and make ALL DC part of this Flash show multiverse.  It'd be cool to have a crossover between this show and the Justice League cartoon Flash, for instance.

But, they'll never do that.  I'm sure the powers-that-be think joe public is too dumb to follow something like that.

I'm kinda disappointed they didn't do the comic book trope, where Jay Garrick is the comic book Flash on Barry's Earth.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2015, 12:10:11 AM »
Oh, I'm hoping they go whole hog and make ALL DC part of this Flash show multiverse.  It'd be cool to have a crossover between this show and the Justice League cartoon Flash, for instance.

But, they'll never do that.  I'm sure the powers-that-be think joe public is too dumb to follow something like that.

I'm kinda disappointed they didn't do the comic book trope, where Jay Garrick is the comic book Flash on Barry's Earth.

I smiled when Jay said he was doing Hard (or Heavy) Water experiments. That's right from his origin story in Flash #1.

Also while I love the helmet, I don't get why he wears it, never did. Isn't that bad aerodynamics?

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2015, 12:43:39 AM »
I smiled when Jay said he was doing Hard (or Heavy) Water experiments. That's right from his origin story in Flash #1.

Also while I love the helmet, I don't get why he wears it, never did. Isn't that bad aerodynamics?

It's based on Hermes/Mercury's helmet from Greco-Roman mythology.  It's the same reason that Flash always had wings on his boots ... Hermes had winged sandals that allowed him to fly.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2015, 12:56:24 AM »
Didn't they give us a quick glimpse of a comic book cover with the Garrick version of the Flash on the cover back in season 1?

Of course, there was also Garrick Wharf in Keystone City.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2015, 01:21:35 AM »
Didn't they give us a quick glimpse of a comic book cover with the Garrick version of the Flash on the cover back in season 1?

Of course, there was also Garrick Wharf in Keystone City.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Anybody else spot the Woodrue box in the greenhouse? Thinking we'll get the Floronic man at some point. I was kind of assuming the Earth 2 Wells would be Zoom since they would want to keep the actor around. Not sure if the end confirms that or no. Oh and I guess Cisco's 'getting a vibe' means he'll be Vibe rather than Reverb.

Oh, and I figured out if i download the subs too I can push my watching speed to 2x :P