Author Topic: Belated PTS patch notes FC.31.20150819.4  (Read 8746 times)

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
Re: Belated PTS patch notes FC.31.20150819.4
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 08:46:11 PM »
Yeah, I think I know who you speak of too. In fact, it was I that was able to deduce how far in level he had gotten by his description of the mission in question that he had "grown bored by" and quit. I, at that point, refused to take anything he said further on the matter seriously, because really... you might as well judge an entire film for the first ten minutes.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 01:15:57 AM »
For the record, we don't think there are CoH players who want CO to close and think that will make CoH spring back up from the dead... that we know of.

I had to address this in person when grabbing some feedback from a few CoH players in person at a recent M&G event. There is this climate where former CoH people believe that the community believes that CoH players unanimously want this to happen, when that certainly isn't the case.

Anyways, there is another patch on the PTS at the moment, no notes yet.

Spess

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2015, 03:41:43 AM »
For the record, we don't think there are CoH players who want CO to close and think that will make CoH spring back up from the dead... that we know of.

I had to address this in person when grabbing some feedback from a few CoH players in person at a recent M&G event. There is this climate where former CoH people believe that the community believes that CoH players unanimously want this to happen, when that certainly isn't the case.

Anyways, there is another patch on the PTS at the moment, no notes yet.

We were talking about the more trollish members of CO's community that tend to spend 90% of there time in the forums.  The same types that also ask for the most destructive nerfs also tend to throw snide or downright cruel insults and accusations towards CO players within an instant.  There are a few who don't ask for nerfs that also tend to attack CoX players and what we try to do, to.

Edit: We do not believe every CO player is like that, but the most vocal and most dangerous CO players to CO itself are and have routinely proven very hateful of CoX players and tend to jump on every moment.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2015, 03:51:04 AM »
Seriously, even mention it in passing where it's largely innocuous to the overall post you've written, it becomes a virtual "COX SUCKS!" dogpile trollfest. :roll: Like the few times where I just mentioned something I read on a certain Facebook community or rambled off a list of MMOs where CoX was only one of the many items on the list. Apparently it's supposed to be treated like Voldemort or Hastur over there.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 03:59:04 AM »
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1199831/no-new-contents-and-expansion-for-years/p1

Read this thread Brou when the original poster said he's waiting for city of titans to come out, and the reactions many players there have.  It's clear a good number of them both believe it won't come out, but also write as if they clearly want that effort and every CoX revival effort to fail.

The level of hippocracy and intolerance couldn't be more apparent.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 04:14:18 AM »
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1199831/no-new-contents-and-expansion-for-years/p1

Read this thread Brou when the original poster said he's waiting for city of titans to come out, and the reactions many players there have.  It's clear a good number of them both believe it won't come out, but also write as if they clearly want that effort and every CoX revival effort to fail.

Well, thanks for causing me to touch those god-forsaken forums again... now I have to go take a shower again.

But yeah, that's a pretty fair example of all the usual forum trolls lining up to do their thing. Same old song and dance. Hohum. I'm skeptical about CoT's arrival myself, but I also maintain some good will for the project as well. I'm just concerned that its developers may have taken on more than they can chew. I hope I'm proven wrong, though.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 05:52:10 AM »

Wow, reading that has hurt my brain for realz. Are they trash talking tsw that has more deving on it in a year then the entire time co has been out for. Love the fact they think people are trashing co because it will help the other projects, wonder if they know slamming co is not because of the projects it is because pwe/cryptic/atarii has brought it on themselves; with a lack of deving on co.
The way I see it, nothing the usual suspects that cheerlead for co have no idea about other games so all they do is trash. I have my problems with tsw, but I am not going to trash that game, because it does soo much better in other areas.
Well, thanks for causing me to touch those god-forsaken forums again... now I have to go take a shower again.

But yeah, that's a pretty fair example of all the usual forum trolls lining up to do their thing. Same old song and dance. Hohum. I'm skeptical about CoT's arrival myself, but I also maintain some good will for the project as well. I'm just concerned that its developers may have taken on more than they can chew. I hope I'm proven wrong, though.
I agree Mistress Bloodwrath, one of the reasons I stopped posting was because I was called a troll by asking one of the forum "elites" where I posted I wanted to see co go burning down, they could instead I was ignored. I don't even sign in to my pwe board account anymore.
I have hope for the revival of City of. I have hope for City of Titans, and Valiance Online which in its current form of Alpha is far better then co, that is six years old.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.