Author Topic: Holiday shopping  (Read 1882 times)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Holiday shopping
« on: November 24, 2015, 05:04:11 PM »
At the risk of sounding like a cheapskate (which is probably fair), I would like to share a discovery, of sorts with the forum.

I heard about a website called Jet.com that presumably offers you more discounts, the more you buy from them - and gives you a 20% discount with a promo code they give you.

If you'll check prices for an i-7 4790k, you'll see $299. At 20% off....I got it for 50 less than that. (would have been more, but they cap the discount at 50 bucks)

Just thought I'd pass that on.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Re: Holiday shopping
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 03:01:42 PM »
One of these days id like to get a bunch of people together and buy a 5960x or whatever the current intel extreme edition is. Put your money together and buy a wholesale package in bulk. At 10 pcs they're like 200$ a piece as opposed to 1000$ a piece.

Someone did this once with the qx9650 on ebay and i grabbed one for my previous computer. Not only was it insanely powerful but it still runs well to this day and i didnt have to build a new computer for awhile.

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
Re: Holiday shopping
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 04:50:14 PM »
One of these days id like to get a bunch of people together and buy a 5960x or whatever the current intel extreme edition is. Put your money together and buy a wholesale package in bulk. At 10 pcs they're like 200$ a piece as opposed to 1000$ a piece.

Someone did this once with the qx9650 on ebay and i grabbed one for my previous computer. Not only was it insanely powerful but it still runs well to this day and i didnt have to build a new computer for awhile.

If you have the money up front, why not just buy a "lot" yourself, then sell individual pieces on eBay?

I've bought bundles on eBay when I needed one piece, and in many cases got it for free after splitting the other things and selling them individually. Of course it takes a small effort to list the items, take them to the post office, etc. If you have a little time available, and up-front cash you can float for a week or two, you can actually save some money.