Author Topic: 3D capture from Icon.  (Read 2772 times)

Garble

• Boss
  • Shy Weirdo
3D capture from Icon.
« on: November 27, 2015, 01:26:57 AM »
Re: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,4947.0.html

I got brave and decided to finally try this. But I had a snag with this part of the instructions.

I have a potential fix for the problems of characters being fragmented and then squished onto the origin.  If you're having trouble with capturing .OBJ files, try this:

1.  Add this command line switch to City of Heroes: -useTexEnvCombine

You can add that within the NC Launcher under Properties for the game, at the bottom, in the "Extra Command Line Parameters (Advanced) box.  If you are running demorecords, you can add that to the command line for however you do that.  For now, I've been skipping demolaunchers and just using a shortcut, but any way to inject that command line switch should work.

2.  At the bottom of gliConfig.ini, uncomment out these lines:

//      ExtensionOverride = ("GLExtOverride/GLExtOverride.dll")
//      {
//    RemoveExtensions = (GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_fragment_program);
//      }

But change the RemoveExtensions line to read this:

RemoveExtensions = (GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object)

Bottom line it should look like this:

ExtensionOverride = ("GLExtOverride/GLExtOverride.dll")
          {
    RemoveExtensions = (GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object)
    }

I'm not sure where to add -useTexEnvCombine in Icon.

If I uncomment out the bottom lines, Icon won't run.

If I don't uncomment out the bottom lines the captures works but characters get squashed into flat geometric shapes.

Anyone know where I can add that line of code to make OGLE work with Icon?

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
Re: 3D capture from Icon.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 02:40:17 AM »
No, but if you're just trying to capture a fairly normal player character, you can record a demo from within Icon, and then play it back using

cityofheroes.exe -useTexEnvCombine -demoplay

Xelryel

• Underling
Re: 3D capture from Icon.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 05:29:33 AM »
"1.  Add this command line switch to City of Heroes: -useTexEnvCombine"

Can be added if you make a shortcut of icon.exe then go Properties. Then in the Target box at the end add a space and then "-useTexEnvCombine" without the quotes

I am still running into the same problem even using this command line. The command does make a change in the graphics, but as soon as I add the ExtensionOverride plugin to the gliconfig.ini then coh crashes everytime it tries to start up.