Author Topic: Very noobish question.  (Read 4192 times)

Frigitz137

• Underling
Very noobish question.
« on: April 21, 2016, 12:26:28 AM »
But how do I make macros on Icon? I've looked into various sources for answers and tried to follow as it was explained but nothing happens every time I try to make one. Any help?

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
Re: Very noobish question.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 01:07:25 AM »
/macro dreck loadmap maps/MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_RUINED/OUTDOOR_RUINED_02/OUTDOOR_RUINED_02A.txt

/macro cat "loadcostume atomic catgirl$$rename The Cat"

Something like those. /macro takes 2 parameters. The first is a name that you should make short enough to fit on a button, and everything after that is a slash command without the slash, or a series of slash commands without the slash, surrounded by quotes, and separated by $$.

The macro button should appear in the first empty slot in your power tray. Make sure to open it so you can see the macro.

Frigitz137

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 05:47:10 AM »
well, after following your advice and getting what i thought was the same result, it came to my attention that macros do not appear on the default tray that appears when in game, but rather on the trays that have to be added manually with the + button. How i wish I'd known that sooner lol thank you for the help nonetheless. The response is very much appreciated :D

Garble

• Boss
  • Shy Weirdo
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 03:47:40 PM »
I never noticed that happening for me.

But the last time I used icon I randomly picked Mastermind as my AT and was surprised to find I got 3 pet commands in my power tray. Of course they don't do anything, but you can right click them to edit them into other macro commands.

Frigitz137

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 01:42:21 AM »
yeah the tray i start off with doesn't have the number or arrows at the left side of it like it normally is supposed to. I thought maybe that's just how the tray functions when in Icon.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 01:44:52 AM »
I was expecting a very noobish question, by the way---noobs usually don't ask questions, like how do you make characters.

Frigitz137

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 03:12:00 AM »
Well Mr. Kilmister, i only asked based on the assumption that macros were of common knowledge among CoH players.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 04:55:58 AM »
Yeah, no, macros and key-binds can be simple or very complex.  They really aren't common knowledge.

Anyway, I meant no offense, but yikes, I've been made!

Frigitz137

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 07:58:04 AM »
oh no my bad I'm sorry if i came off a bit offensive there haha maybe a friendly "lol" at the end of my post would've given it a bit of lighter tone lol

Also, RIP Lemmy \m/

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 04:53:21 PM »
Motorhead was one of a kind.
Like their version of Eat The Rich.