Author Topic: We are heroes. This is what we do.  (Read 44387 times)

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
We are heroes. This is what we do.
« on: September 02, 2012, 02:49:26 AM »
WE ARE HEROES.  THIS IS WHAT WE DO.

Remember those words.

I know you all are discouraged, I know that you all feel like you've been punched in the gut.  Some of you reading this probably just found out that you're out of a job that you loved and are wondering what tomorrow will bring.  Everyone is experiencing the prospect of something we are passionate about being relegated forever to only existing as memories.  I hear you.  I feel you.  For a day now, I've reminisced and shed tears, and it hurts like hell.  Now it's time to clench your teeth, roll up your sleeves, and get to work.

We are heroes, damn it, and I don't just mean the kind that pushes pixels through a virtual landscape oohing and ahhing at flashy colors.  Starting right now, we are going to pull together all of our teams and form a league the gaming world will not soon forget.  We will beat this trial.  We will save the day.  By God, they will chant our names.  Incarnates?  Give me a break.  We are Titans, all of us.  We've shed blood, we've cried tears, we've never stopped and we're not about to quit now.  We've been saving Paragon City for eight and a half years.  It's time to do it one more time.

The posts in this forum will be dedicated to the purpose of saving Paragon City.  I'm absolutely convinced that we, the City of Heroes community, are smart enough and motivated enough to not let our passion die.  Not like this.  Not without every ounce of effort we can muster, and then some, to keep up the fight.  I'll be posting news and information here, and more importantly, what you, the City of Heroes community, can do to help our efforts.  My #1 goal at the end of the day is to keep the lights on in Paragon City, and all topics and discussions here will be focused on that effort.  Be forewarned that posts created to antagonize NCsoft or any other company or person we will need to help us will be removed.

Please bookmark this forum and check back here frequently, as I'll also be posting stickies at the top that are "Calls to Action," things that we need you to do or expertise we need in order to progress in our efforts.  That's right, you.  This is a community effort, and we need you to step up.  You, member of the City of Heroes community, you are our heart.  You are our soul.  You are our geniuses.  You are our front line warriors.

Start by getting the word out.  Let other players know.  Friends, supergroups, former players, former developers, whoever might be able to help.  Post it on your fan site.  Make it your supergroup message.  Broadcast it on your Internet radio station.  Link it in your YouTube videos.  Share it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and every other mountaintop you can shout it from.

Now go be great.  Don't despair for tomorrow, look it in the eye and say hello.  Or when necessary, wrestle it to the ground, put your knee on its neck and make it cry uncle, because we are heroes.  This is what we do.