Author Topic: Call To Action: Get the word out  (Read 123970 times)

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
Re: Call To Action: Get the word out
« Reply #400 on: September 23, 2012, 01:13:44 PM »
Following up on my previous post from Queen City ConQuest; I was there for a good 12 hours (including breaks for food) and while some people had never heard of the game, I was aproached by multiple people who said that they used to play CoH, but had to quit due to real life and other things. They did agree that NCSoft shutting down the game was the wrong course of action.
One person in particular questioned that with CoH's avatar creation system, why newer games would do anything less. Which I agree that its a major advantage CoH has over other MMOs.

Well, That's about all I have to report. Carry on.  8)
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #401 on: September 27, 2012, 01:18:28 PM »
Another thing I do is linking the Cohtitan (Save Paragon City section) along with the petition in my signature when posting on other gaming forums.
Might have been mentioned before, but in case it hasn't - there we go!  ;D

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #402 on: September 27, 2012, 01:40:04 PM »
I tweeted a bunch of gaming websites and magazines who haven't covered us yet, asking them to do so.  @PCGiA gave me a retweet this morning.

I did put the link to Massively's article and Tim's Youtube vid in my original tweet, so hopefully that got us in 7,000 new eyes.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:59:44 PM by rae »
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

malonkey1

• Elite Boss
  • A person who does stuff.
« Reply #403 on: September 28, 2012, 12:51:57 PM »
I just realized something brilliant: If Valve did end up buying CoH, that means it could theoretically have a Steam Workshop, meaning that it could hypothetically have community-made costume parts added to the game! Possibly...Now, how do we get Valve to buy. I want my Portal Gun Beam Rifle.
BadWolf: "The point that JaguarX is trying to make, of course, is that City of Heroes is like a tree. And Google is like a Toyota...Corolla...? Which would make NCSoft a trespasser, shot by...um, Mister T...which is good, because diplomacy...?"

The internet is full of Comedy Gold.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #404 on: September 28, 2012, 12:59:26 PM »
Villainous in-game mission chain wherein Aperture Science buys out Portal Corp.?

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #405 on: September 28, 2012, 04:10:08 PM »
Villainous in-game mission chain wherein Aperture Science buys out Portal Corp.?

Nah. They buy out Aeon Corp.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #406 on: September 28, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »
Nah. They buy out Aeon Corp.

GLADOS and Dr. Aeon. Mortal enemies or love at first sight?  FOR SCIENCE!!!!

...you monster.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:35:46 PM by Atlantea »

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #407 on: September 28, 2012, 04:16:53 PM »
And all of a sudden the mental image of the end of SSA WWD mission - the one with the island in space - after you defeat Rula-Wade...

... cannot be complete without a little orb floating by...

"spacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespace!!!! I'm in SPAAACE!!!... space space space!!!"

malonkey1

• Elite Boss
  • A person who does stuff.
« Reply #408 on: September 30, 2012, 08:45:01 PM »
And all of a sudden the mental image of the end of SSA WWD mission - the one with the island in space - after you defeat Rula-Wade...

... cannot be complete without a little orb floating by...

"spacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespace!!!! I'm in SPAAACE!!!... space space space!!!"

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/JustForFun/MadeOfWin

All I gotta say.
BadWolf: "The point that JaguarX is trying to make, of course, is that City of Heroes is like a tree. And Google is like a Toyota...Corolla...? Which would make NCSoft a trespasser, shot by...um, Mister T...which is good, because diplomacy...?"

The internet is full of Comedy Gold.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #409 on: September 30, 2012, 08:48:18 PM »

Heh, this idea had crossed my mind recently. In fact I think I said something in a group in the past week or so, wondering if there was anything below Portal Corp, on levels way further down beyond what is known. Experiments with giant potato plants. Or something.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #410 on: October 02, 2012, 04:59:21 PM »
@GeekMom blog just retweeted us. They've got 5k Twitter followers :)

Ooh, and I just realised we got a retweet from the editors at http://www.wired.com/geekmom/ off the back of that. Maybe they'll do a story if we ask nicely. Or if some of the lovely Mums in here or the press people would want to send some information their way?

Corrina Lawson, Senior Editor, Geek Mom
corrina(at)geekdad.com

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 05:08:11 PM by rae »
--
@Vandellia

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #411 on: October 02, 2012, 07:41:39 PM »
I'm having some luck today @geekgirlcon gave me a RT and promised to throw in some additional tweets too.  They have 10.5k followers :)
--
@Vandellia

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #412 on: October 02, 2012, 07:42:26 PM »
Great work, Twitter Powerset users!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #413 on: October 02, 2012, 10:32:11 PM »
And a retweet from @GAppleComics  (Comic Shop to the Stars, apparently.) 5k and a bit followers :)
--
@Vandellia

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #414 on: October 05, 2012, 11:28:05 AM »
Jason Scott has just tweeted that he's not happy about COH being closed. I googled him and he's an internet/tech historian, and the guy behind textfiles.com

He's got 6k+ followers, but sadly he didn't link here, or to the petition. He wrote:

Jason Scott ‏@textfiles
The Archive Team has decided we're reeaaaalllly pissed off about Webshots and City of Heroes going under. WARRIORS, START YOUR MACHINES.
--
@Vandellia

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #415 on: October 05, 2012, 11:30:04 AM »
Jason Scott has just tweeted that he's not happy about COH being closed. I googled him and he's an internet/tech historian, and the guy behind textfiles.com

He's got 6k+ followers, but sadly he didn't link here, or to the petition. He wrote:

Jason Scott ‏@textfiles
The Archive Team has decided we're reeaaaalllly pissed off about Webshots and City of Heroes going under. WARRIORS, START YOUR MACHINES.

Have you send him a tweet with pertinent links? :)
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #416 on: October 05, 2012, 11:30:25 AM »
Just this second :)

ETA: Sorry. My internet-fu is not strong. As far as I can figure out this guy runs around archiving everything he possibly can when people pull sites? I imagine someone like TonyV or someone even slightly techie would probably be more aware of him than I am.

This guy could be REALLY helpful.

Jason Scott ‏@textfiles
There we go. 446gb of audioblogging files from Cinch.fm before it deletes everything this month. http://archive.org/details/archiveteam-cinch

Jason Scott ‏@textfiles
P.S. @archiveteam downloaded a copy of cinch.fm for later generations. You know, since wiping out 6 years of audioblogging isn't cool.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:41:10 AM by rae »
--
@Vandellia

Quinch

« Reply #417 on: October 05, 2012, 11:43:35 AM »
Rae, any chance he can be convinced to download the entire CoH official forums before lights out?

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #418 on: October 05, 2012, 11:48:18 AM »
It may be what he's working on. I've sent him a DM to ask.

ETA: He seems to use this, if people want to get involved and help out?: http://archive.org/details/archiveteam-warrior Sorry, I'm the worst person to try and figure this out, anything more complicated than turning on a computer and I go into a cold sweat :-p
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:53:17 PM by rae »
--
@Vandellia