Author Topic: Save our City Banners  (Read 46876 times)

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
Save our City Banners
« on: September 03, 2012, 11:34:22 AM »
I wanted to help, how ever I am broke as a joke, so I did what I could, i have signed petitions, I have yelled at NC soft over twitter, encouraged others to never buy another NCsoft title again, and this

I made a Banner for Face book, any one is free to use it in fact I encourage you to. I am not sure what good it will do, but its the only thing I could think to do right now.

http://fav.me/d5dim26 <---direct link so you can DL it
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:20:23 AM by Xenophage »

Soundtrack

• Boss
Re: Save our City Banner
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 01:29:50 PM »
It looks great...thanks, Xenophage. :)

"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something." :)

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 01:34:14 PM »
I made a smaller version for forum signatures here is the code
Code: [Select]
[url= http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/board,134.0.html][img]http://www.deviantart.com/download/325051840/save_out_city_banner_small_for_forums_by_greenlantern24601-d5dizls.jpg[/img][/url]

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 01:40:05 PM »
I made a smaller version for forum signatures here is the code
Code: [Select]
[url= http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/board,134.0.html][img]http://www.deviantart.com/download/325051840/save_out_city_banner_small_for_forums_by_greenlantern24601-d5dizls.jpg[/img][/url]

Perfect, Xeno...thanks! I just updated my COH forum signature with this. :)

Rain Maker

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 02:26:57 PM »
That looks awesome. Thanks.

Mariner

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »
That looks fantastic, Xenophage. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Magia

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 06:20:17 PM »
Can you do a nice square version we can use on Facebook pretty please? Last one to change their profile pic is a blob of icky Hamidon gloop!

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 06:44:22 PM »
Can you do a nice square version we can use on Facebook pretty please? Last one to change their profile pic is a blob of icky Hamidon gloop!
the large one is for face book for the large rectangular pic the small square is just kinda too small

Koopak

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 07:25:20 PM »
Thank you Xeno i know it doesn't feel like much but this helps to give us a face, and we need that, we need to appear as one as much as possible, one group, one goal, this is out Task Force, our Hami raid.

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 07:48:25 PM »
I am happy to help in what ever way i can, I am not ready to let City of Heroes go with out fight
here is that face book square

you may have to save it and resize but there ya go :)

Xenos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 08:06:11 PM »
This looks great, Xenophage. Thanks for creating it.

I have reached out to Meggan, who initiated the main petition on change.org (http://tinyurl.com/saveCOH), and offered to resize your image for her so that it would fit on that site (she currently does not have a picture).

I have not heard back from her yet, but I did a quick test in PS. The image size on change.org seems to be 556x304 px, which is a bit different than your facebook banner. I am usually very much against messing with aspect ratios, but the result looks very acceptable (I am sure you can check it yourself very easily). I think this is fine, but I just wanted to run it by you.

I'll let you know if I hear back from her and she's going to put it up.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 08:18:41 PM »
I am happy to help in what ever way i can, I am not ready to let City of Heroes go with out fight
here is that face book square

Nice, I really like it.

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 08:48:24 PM »
This looks great, Xenophage. Thanks for creating it.

I have reached out to Meggan, who initiated the main petition on change.org (http://tinyurl.com/saveCOH), and offered to resize your image for her so that it would fit on that site (she currently does not have a picture).

I have not heard back from her yet, but I did a quick test in PS. The image size on change.org seems to be 556x304 px, which is a bit different than your facebook banner. I am usually very much against messing with aspect ratios, but the result looks very acceptable (I am sure you can check it yourself very easily). I think this is fine, but I just wanted to run it by you.

I'll let you know if I hear back from her and she's going to put it up.

it is taller then the face book banner cause you can adjust the banned up and down but not left and right and some times if the image is too small up and down or just thr right size it stretches the image cutting off the sides, so I assure you that was done intentionally

Xenos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »
it is taller then the face book banner cause you can adjust the banned up and down but not left and right and some times if the image is too small up and down or just thr right size it stretches the image cutting off the sides, so I assure you that was done intentionally

I think you might have misunderstood me. I have nothing to say about banners on facebook (I am not even on it).

I just wanted to be respectful and make sure that you were ok if I resized your image for change.org, if Meggan will add it as an image to the petition. The size of images on change.org is different than your banner (556x304 vs 850x340).

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 09:15:00 PM »
I think you might have misunderstood me. I have nothing to say about banners on facebook (I am not even on it).

I just wanted to be respectful and make sure that you were ok if I resized your image for change.org, if Meggan will add it as an image to the petition. The size of images on change.org is different than your banner (556x304 vs 850x340).

oh, oh, o h I get it and yea feel free to resize w/e, I made them to be used in w/e helps the cause

Xenos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 09:18:13 PM »
Cool, and thanks again. Lovely work.

Now I just have to wait for a response from Meggan...  ;)

chief536

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 12:22:56 AM »
Thanks for the awesome work. This is now my profile picture on Facebook.

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 02:52:42 AM »
Thanks for the awesome work. This is now my profile picture on Facebook.

you are most welcome I am proud to help our cause :)

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 01:35:47 PM »
In the spirit of the one posted, I wanted to make one with a bit more action in it... also showing the coming together of heroes AND villains in one final clash against those who might destroy our city (also using a more current logo for CoHF).

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 01:37:39 PM »
In the spirit of the one posted, I wanted to make one with a bit more action in it... also showing the coming together of heroes AND villains in one final clash against those who might destroy our city (also using a more current logo for CoHF).

actually if you look at mine it is the freedom logo I just removed thing off it in photoshop :P