Author Topic: TonyV's Speech on Virtue... Transcript?  (Read 15046 times)

ducklorange

• Lieutenant
    • Epic Duck Studios
TonyV's Speech on Virtue... Transcript?
« on: September 08, 2012, 09:36:59 PM »
Any chance someone has grabbed and can post a transcript of TonyV's comments on Virtue?  I ended up losing connection and having to requeue, so I missed a good deal of it.
Build demorecord files from your CoH Costume & Titan XML files! [http://demolition.mcuznz.ca]

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: TonyV's Speech on Virtue... Transcript?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 09:38:36 PM »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 09:42:43 PM »
I could get part of it, but I missed the beginning.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 09:43:30 PM »
That's just a link to his profile.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

ducklorange

• Lieutenant
    • Epic Duck Studios
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 09:51:09 PM »
It's up on the Unleashed Forums (I didn't want to bug TonyV directly, figure he has enough on his plate!)

http://unleashed.philotix.net/viewtopic.php?p=162131#p162131
Build demorecord files from your CoH Costume & Titan XML files! [http://demolition.mcuznz.ca]

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 09:56:21 PM »
Oh, good.  I missed about the first 10 or 11 lines.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

BasiliskXVIII

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 09:56:43 PM »
I also posted it on the board. This was going to come next but I forgot my login info... :-[

Help] TonyV: Heya all, I wish I could tell you words to describe how I'm feeling right now.
[Help] TonyV: Oh wait, the mods aren't here... I CAN tell you those words!  ;)  (I kid, I kid!)
[Help] TonyV: I can sum up what I'm seeing right now in two words:  MIND.  BLOWN.
[Help] TonyV: As I stand here in the train station on Atlas 13, I am seeing 33 instances of Atlas Park.
[Help] TonyV: Now if I remember correctly, each instance holds 100 people.  (I don't know that for a fact, so don't bust my chops if I'm off by a little.)
[Help] TonyV: That's upwards of 3300 people all in one place at one time.
[Help] TonyV: That's simply incredible.
[Help] TonyV: I just wanted to tell you all that this is the most amazing community.  EVER.
[Help] TonyV: So let me tell you a little bit about what we've done in just ONE WEEK.
[Help] TonyV: We've mobilized people across a ton of social media outlets.
[Help] TonyV: Facebook has been exploding with Likes, Shares, tags, and a bunch of boards dedicated to the cause of saving our beloved Paragon City.
[Help] TonyV: Right now on Twitter, #SaveCoH is the TOP trending topic.
[Help] TonyV: We've put out press releases, and thanks to our friends in the gaming, comic, and technology media, we have over a hundred articles posted on blogs, news sites, video podcats, etc.
[Help] TonyV: I have to give a really special shoutout to Massively, who is broadcasting our Unity Rally LIVE at http://www.twitch.tv/massivelytv
[Help] TonyV: You guys at Massively rock, and I can't tell you how much gratitude we have for your excellent coverage of our game.
[Help] TonyV: (33 Atlas Parks and counting!)
[Help] TonyV: At the Titan Network, we have welcomed people who want to congregate and be part of the effort to Save Paragon City.
[Help] TonyV: Our own membership numbers have positively exploded by an order of magnitude.
[Help] TonyV: We organized a letter-writing campaign to NCsoft, and I've read a bunch of the letters people have posted and copied us on.
[Help] TonyV: They are amazing stories of how incredibly strong our community is, and how much City of Heroes means to us.
[Help] TonyV: And I can tell you, they WILL make a difference.
[Help] TonyV: In the coming week, we're going to be organizing a couple of other important campaigns.
[Help] TonyV: One, we'll tell you about today and post information on during the Unity Rally.
[Help] TonyV: One, we'll tell you about within a day or two.
[Help] TonyV: Your unwavering support is GREATLY appreciated.
[Help] TonyV: I've reached out to NCsoft, and I have gathered some contact information for other key people that we'll need to community with, people who have the decision-making ability for us all to win.
[Help] TonyV: I KNOW they are paying attention, and I am VERY optimistic that these effots really are getting a lot of attention within the company.
[Help] TonyV: I've also talked to some of the staffers at Paragon Studios.  I can't really say anything, but everyone I've talked to is also optimistic and upbeat, and they all are VERY appreciative of our efforts and the outpouring of support.
[Help] TonyV: As much as this game is our baby, it is even moreso theirs.  It is what they've poured their life's passion into, many of them for 10 years or more.  Our willingness to stand up for what it represents really is giving them a morale booster shot.
[Help] TonyV: So with that, let's talk about our next campaign!
[Help] TonyV: I've been working with one of the members of our community.  She told me about an idea she had, and as soon as I heard it, I thought, "Wow, that's EXACTLY what we need!"
[Help] TonyV: So since she came up with the idea and has been driving it, I want her to tell you about it.
[Help] TonyV: Her name is @Maressa, and she'll show up as Meticulous Meta in the channel.
[Help] Meticulous Meta: Hi everyone! A huge thank you to everyone here! And an even bigger one for Tony!
[Help] TonyV: @Maressa, I'll turn it over to you!!!
[Help] Meticulous Meta: I am super excited to have been here with you all for the last 12 hours.
[Help] Meticulous Meta: It has been amazing.
[Help] Meticulous Meta: I know there have been a lot of calls for people to send things in to the NCSoft Offices.
[Help] Meticulous Meta: Well now we're going to!
[Help] Meticulous Meta: But its not food.
[Help] Meticulous Meta: We're SEnding in Capes and Masks!
[Help] Meticulous Meta: I'll be posting some information on the forums soon.
[Help] Meticulous Meta: Addresses, links to masks and capes you can send in.
[Help] Meticulous Meta: City of Heroes forums and Titan forums both.
[Help] Meticulous Meta: Also, be taking screenshots today. We have a plan which will be announced in a few days.
[Help] Meticulous Meta: Thank you all for coming. Keep yup those tweets: @NCSoftGames we are Heroes. This is what we do! #SaveCoH
[Help] Obsidian Rabbit: show all your love for CoH people!!!
[Help] Meticulous Meta: Ok everyone! I'm going to turn it back over to Tony now. Thanks for listening!
[Help] TonyV: Thanks, @Maressa!
[Help] TonyV: So just a couple more notes, and then I'll leave you all to party.  :)
[Help] TonyV: First, be sure to keep track of our efforts at the Titan Network forums: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum
[Help] TonyV: In particular, the Save Paragon City! forum.
[Help] TonyV: Second, I cannot emphasize this enough: PLEASE continue to get the word out!
[Help] TonyV: Join one of the City of Heroes groups.
[Help] TonyV: One in particular I've been active on is Save City Of Heroes
[Help] TonyV: On Twitter, please tweet out our activities using the hash tag #SaveCoH
[Help] TonyV: We're in the process of setting up a YouTube channel for multimedia expressions of our commitment.  (Side note: Be sure to search for Save City of Zero Wing for a treat.)
[Help] TonyV: Keep posting your support for our awesome Paragon Studios staff on the official forums.  These people build the world in which our imaginations have lived for over eight and a half years, and they deserve all of our kudos and support.
[Help] TonyV: When you run across media coverage of our efforts, please engage in any comment sections or discussion forums they have, and let them know that we REALLY appreciate their coverage of our effotts.
[Help] TonyV: *efforts.  I knew I couldn't get through this without a typo.  ;)
[Help] TonyV: Be sure to tune in to The Cape Radio (www.thecaperadio.com), who has been an incredible source of entertainment for our community and who is covering the rally today.
[Help] TonyV: Oh, and THANK YOU, citizens of Virtue for hosting our party today and for being such gracious and wonderful hosts!
[Help] TonyV: Don't forget to stick around at 6:00 Eastern for the Paragon Appreciation Costume Contest, the LARGEST costume contest held in a gaming community EVER.
[Help] TonyV: I'll wrap up with one more thought.
[Help] TonyV: A famous man once said, 'Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before.'
[Help] TonyV: Some people think that this is the end of our incredible community.
[Help] TonyV: Well, I can tell you that I do not hold to that.
[Help] TonyV: No more runnin'.
[Help] TonyV: I aim to misbehave.  ;)

Dasher

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 10:02:48 PM »
Great speech, TonyV, and wonderful to have you with us in the effort, Maressa!
"Never give up - Never surrender!"
Dasher

Fanny

• Minion
  • I aim to misbehave.
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 10:34:42 PM »
Was Fan-tastic and I am proud to be a part of this community.

DJ Fanny
twitter.com/SaveCoX
"There is no victory without sacrifice."

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 10:48:40 PM »
twitter.com/SaveCoX

I can't say enough how much I think this is going to bite us.  One of the guys in my Friday night group shot Pepsi out his nose when I said it aloud.  Everything that we're doing is great, but I get a really bad vibe about this Twitter handle.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

castorcorvus

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 10:49:58 PM »
I can't say enough how much I think this is going to bite us.  One of the guys in my Friday night group shot Pepsi out his nose when I said it aloud.  Everything that we're doing is great, but I get a really bad vibe about this Twitter handle.
How so? It seems all well and good.

Myriade

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 10:51:47 PM »
Actually if i'm correct each station is made of 50 people. The Hamidon raid limit.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 10:53:54 PM »
I can't say enough how much I think this is going to bite us.

In order for it to bite us, we'd have to have something to lose by doing it.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 10:59:46 PM »
A lot of people thought it was 50, but Hit_Streak told us in the twitch chat that it's more like 75 to 90. I guess it depends on how many auras and such are active, too. Something like that, anyway.

jacknomind

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 12:13:43 AM »
One of the guys in my Friday night group shot Pepsi out his nose when I said it aloud. 

Why on earth is that a bad thing?

Maybe we can get someone to do "This Ain't City of Heroes"...

chief536

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 01:10:40 AM »
Great effort today everyone. Thanks Tony and everyone here at Titan for everything that you guys have done through the years to help us players out. Count on me to lend a hand with anything you need.

Mantic

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 05:21:19 AM »
I like hearing "I aim to misbehave" exponentially more than "we are heroes."

zoser

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 09:26:06 AM »
Hi Tony,

Amazing speech indeed - I wish I could have seen it in game, but technical difficulties (ancient notebook) kept me watching the login screen and the Atlas load screen respectively. I fully intend to be there for the next rally though! :)

Zos

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »
I like hearing "I aim to misbehave" exponentially more than "we are heroes."

Although as long as he was using firefly quotes, I think:

Mal: Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big damn heroes, sir!
Mal: Ain't we just?

Would have been very appropriate as well. :)

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 10:09:58 AM »
Like so many people I was at the rally, and I want to squeeze in a thank you to The Cape for their coverage. The music and the speeches as well as the DJ were a perfect soundtrack to the rally, and between the atmosphere at the rallies and the people who took part in them, the immense work the Titans did, the support of the Devs and the sound track, I felt like I was a part of the worlds friendliest army :)

There's something /really/ comforting about seeing Tony show up anywhere :-p
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink