Author Topic: Call to Action: Dinner's on Us!  (Read 14578 times)

Soundtrack

• Boss
Re: Call to Action: Dinner's on Us!
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2012, 11:44:39 PM »
Uh...

Do we WANT pics?  ???
]

I just got a new Nikon...so I'm quite tempted to drive around Mt. View looking for a boisterous restaurant. ;)

Lithy

• Minion
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2012, 11:45:41 PM »

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 12:10:13 AM »

SkyStreak

• Minion
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2012, 12:15:12 AM »
I'm very pleased I managed to get a donation in before it ended so quickly, but if I might be so bold as to make a suggestion for the next donation drive?

We managed to get $1045 in three hours.  For the next thing, I would love to see an organized donation drive to a charity. 

I know some people need some to fit something along those lines into their financial schedules, and might not want to miss it due to bad timing.

Dr Toerag

• Underling
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2012, 12:19:16 AM »

laufeyjarson

• Boss
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2012, 12:37:40 AM »
I'm very pleased I managed to get a donation in before it ended so quickly, but if I might be so bold as to make a suggestion for the next donation drive?

We managed to get $1045 in three hours.  For the next thing, I would love to see an organized donation drive to a charity. 

I know some people need some to fit something along those lines into their financial schedules, and might not want to miss it due to bad timing.

This has come up before, and TonyV made a pretty good reply to it already: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5022.msg47962.html#msg47962

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2012, 01:46:21 AM »
wow, i didn't even get a chance to donate yet. I was at school...

nataliaofvirtues

• Minion
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2012, 03:15:34 AM »
Wow and all this happened while I was at work. Darn! I would have jumped at the idea of donating but next time. Have a great dinner Devs and know that each and every one of us think you are most deserving.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2012, 03:42:58 AM »
Love the idea and am so happy we accomplished it so quickly. Just goes to show how great the community is. The Devs certainly deserve this and more for their hard work (and continued support). Thanks to all who donated!
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Heavy Ion

• Minion
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2012, 04:05:33 AM »
Ha! This was so successful I never even got a chance to participate. I was still stuck in traffic when the goal was reached. Way to go everyone who donated!

Gilliam

• Minion
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

zoser

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2012, 06:35:46 AM »
I will have to keep my eyes peeled for the next fundriser then as I missed this one. Truly an amazing idea and a wonderful gesture towards the people whom we owe so much to!

Zos

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2012, 07:19:51 AM »
I think I snuck in my donation right under the wire. lol
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2012, 08:16:40 AM »
I will have to keep my eyes peeled for the next fundriser then as I missed this one. Truly an amazing idea and a wonderful gesture towards the people whom we owe so much to!

Zos
Likewise! Great job folks!  ;D

marquandDance

• Underling
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2012, 12:22:24 PM »
First I've heard of it :)
I've posted it on reddit though to try and spread the news a bit -

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/zvfvl/city_of_heroes_fans_buy_paragon_studios_a_meal/

Edit - it's already posted, use this link instead

http://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/zvf87/city_of_heroes_fans_buy_paragon_studios_a_meal/
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:31:32 PM by marquandDance »

dior

• Minion
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2012, 05:41:40 PM »
Wouldn't it be nice if NCSoft could reverse their decision and re-employ all the staff in less than 3 hours?

Somehow I doubt it, but I donated, and, I hope the guys enjoy their meal. Moreover, I hope they are having success at finding new jobs.

@RedHeaded StepChild

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2012, 07:29:30 PM »
Dang, that was fast. I just happened to see this while taking a short break from working and was able to donate.

Imagine what we could do with such power...

Do it again, do it again!

/e bounce in chair

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2012, 02:29:52 AM »
anyone have pictures? Did they have fun?

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2012, 04:27:58 AM »
I got us another Fark thread.

/My first greenlight
//In way too many attempts
///Slashies!
@Vulpy
Protector Server

laufeyjarson

• Boss
The Dinner!
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2012, 06:34:59 AM »
As a follow up, I wanted to share the pictures I took at the Community Dinner:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/laufeyjarson/sets/72157631633263910/

I've lost so many names!  If you were there, or know folks, can you label them in comments on Flickr?  =)

The Devs invited players to come, and several did.  I'd say there was a dozen or so players, and sixty or so devs.  I went with @Malohin, and he and I wandered around and talked to a lot of people.

The community covered dinner for all the devs.  At the last moment, a player called Everett stepped in and covered their bar bill, too.  We were able give them a nice night out!

The good news is that many of the devs are finding work; their lives and families will be secure and they'll be able to move forward to something new and exciting.  There were many still looking, but the feeling was optimistic.  I think all of them enjoyed a chance to catch up after a few weeks, and a lot of names and phone numbers were exchanged.

Every dev we spoke to was friendly and happy to talk about the good times.  I met Aaron, who did UI and fixed the icon buttons for the Mystic Fortune power.  I met Jason who did the revamp on the costume editor for CoH Freedom.  I met at least three Brians who I've gotten all mixed up.

I spent a very pleasant few minutes talking to The Dark Watcher, and asked him some details about their server infrastructure.  (Windows Server 2003 or 2008, Microsoft SQL Server 2008)

I also spoke to a bunch of the players, who all seemed like really nice people.  Sadly, I've lost all the names.  I'd have had to have taken notes.  One of them was wearing a #SaveCOH t-shirt, though, so I bet they'll chime in.  =)

It was a successful evening, and we, as a community, did something good.  We made sure these people understood how much what they had done meant to us, and that we were unhappy about their treatment as much as we were about our own loss.

This was a great idea, and very well done!

More in the Flickr set http://www.flickr.com/photos/laufeyjarson/sets/72157631633263910/