Author Topic: City of Villains Grandeville Protest?  (Read 8570 times)

Horror-Frost

• Underling
City of Villains Grandeville Protest?
« on: September 17, 2012, 05:27:56 PM »
I've noticed that most of the protests have been set in prominent areas of Paragon, but none appear to be set in the Rogue Isles.I fear this may send the wrong message to NC Soft, that CoH should be saved, but CoV is expendable. Would there be any opposition to a Red Side Protest in Grandeville on Thursday, Sept. 20th, around 10pm EST? We could gather for a group shot on Recluse's statue.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: City of Villains Grandeville Protest?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 05:30:43 PM »
Now that all ATs are avalable on both sides, aren't they? :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 05:45:07 PM »
A red-side rally certainly can't hurt.  There are plenty of players with characters that are pure Villain and unable to cross over to Atlas Park for one reason or another.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 05:45:50 PM »
*dusts off Grimrose*

We are villains. What's our is ours!

Edit: Of course, I can't be there. But still. >.>;
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 05:52:33 PM »
Thursday, Sept. 20th, around 10pm EST?
Let's choose the most awkward time ever. lol
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 08:05:38 PM »
What server?

Aquashock

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 08:09:51 PM »
I would suggest moving this to Friday, the 21st so as to not conflict with the Positon's Ally event. Some of us run on both sides and wouldn't want to miss both -- plus, people may roll up characters or go Vigilante to attend. I know I'm in that camp. ;)

If you're going to choose Grandville as the location, it may also be a good idea to get some 50s to organize teams for lower level characters to attend safely.

Horror-Frost

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 08:54:07 PM »
I would suggest moving this to Friday, the 21st so as to not conflict with the Positon's Ally event. Some of us run on both sides and wouldn't want to miss both -- plus, people may roll up characters or go Vigilante to attend. I know I'm in that camp. ;)

If you're going to choose Grandville as the location, it may also be a good idea to get some 50s to organize teams for lower level characters to attend safely.

Yes and yes. And I'm thinking Virtue, mostly cause I got all my eggs in there.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 08:56:24 PM »

I can't think of anyplace in Grandville where I'd want to hold a rally/vigil where level matters, unless you want to buy enhancements.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Hostillian

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 09:06:52 PM »
There is a statue of Lord Recluse in Mercy that we can all get to easily. I  vote for that.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 09:26:38 PM »
If it's moved to Friday, I can attend.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 09:45:10 PM »
Aren't there NPC's protesting around Grandville?

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 11:18:53 PM »
NPCs are lined up, but isn't that cheating?

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 11:36:38 PM »
Grandeville is navigable to the Statue without issue.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 12:16:04 AM »
thursday is good i think, which server?

Liz_Bathory

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 09:21:29 PM »
Is this still on? And what server? And What date for sure now..?

Riff

• Lieutenant
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »
I strongly advise a rally that encompasses both red side and also Praetoria.

Maybe it needs to be a walkabout - the places we don't often get to go but are still important in the overall scheme of things. We need to focus on the entire game I believe - to show it has not simply value but huge scope.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 09:30:04 PM »
*dons the black robe*

We are villains, but we do not want the world to end. We want to rule, to have freedom to explore our passions, pursue our goals. We understand finance better than those oft-foolish heroes, but we should not shun their impulse to "do good" when it serves our ends. Let us unite and show those heroes that we, too, are dedicated to saving this world! When we're done, we can argue over who owns it again.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2012, 09:31:26 PM »
Heh, not so weird for Villains to work towards saving the world. Dr. Doom allied with the heroes all the time when it was for a mutual cause. What good is ruling the world if it isn't there?

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 09:32:11 PM »
Don't suppose there's any chance of a weekend day, and a slightly more Euro-friendly time? 10pm EST is..I think about 3am for me and believe me, I needs my beauty sleeps.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Liz_Bathory

• Underling
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 09:35:32 PM »
My main is a vampire.. no reality = no world = no life = no food...

Let's safe it!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 09:39:00 PM »
Did anyone have a day/time in mind?  I think the only suggestions I saw were Sep. 20 or 21 - both of which are a few days in the past.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »
I know there WAS a march in Mercy... don't know if that was what this turned into or not.

Liz_Bathory

• Underling
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 01:14:08 AM »
I gather we need something huge as the big one for the heroes... but villain side...

Encouraging people to make a villain even if for temp reasons. Gathering in Grandville square would be best in comparison.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 01:15:24 AM »
Someone set a hard date and make it happen.

Liz_Bathory

• Underling
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2012, 07:18:10 AM »
How much time do we need to arrange this? I dont want to wait to long as more and more leave. Or I would say week of Halloween.

But otherwise next week... Same day and time as the first one.

Riff

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »
Has anyone considered Cap as a suitable meeting place? the Globe there gives a direct comparison to Atlas and has space for pictures. Also drones keep the place safe for lowbies.

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2012, 02:15:00 PM »
Not Grandville..most normal systems can't even handle that place!  Someplace else iconic.  CAP!  Cap Au Diable is pretty hopping...Recluse statue at Mercy... the Pyramid in St. Martial..but yeah not Grandville..err lagville...

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »
I agree - the Globe in Cap, or the Giza at St. Martial is the way to go.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »
The Rogue Isles have always been troubled by the lack of a good rallying point. I'd vote for the globe at Cap au Diable, myself.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2012, 05:16:11 PM »
The Globe might be better, yes.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2012, 06:57:07 PM »
So, it sounds like we're coming to a consensus on the following:
* Day: (a) Saturday

I think we still need a time and a confirmation of server(s).  Keep in mind on the time that UK players are currently 5 hours ahead of EDT (which would make them 8 ahead of PDT) and any German players that might want to take part would be 6 hours ahead of EDT.  If we could find a time that can accommodate both sides of the pond, so much the better.

Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Liz_Bathory

• Underling
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2012, 07:48:35 PM »
I will be there even if I have to set my alarm to wake up

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2012, 07:49:54 PM »
If one centralized time is hard to figure out, how about holding two on that day? One that each area can join in on.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2012, 08:05:08 PM »
I vote for Guardian or Infinity but that has to do with who I have waiting to join the rally on those servers.  If I have to create a villain on another server so be it.
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2012, 08:19:22 PM »
I vote for Virtue because that's where all my characters are and I'm unable to unlock slots on another server. That and Virtue was one of the highest, if not the highest populated, so we know we can get the numbers there.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »
I vote for Virtue, because I can't GET to any other servers. D:

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 09:26:23 PM »
and of course I don't have a single villain on virtue but perhaps it is time I created an actual Quantum based vigilante...hmm.  Like I don't have enough alts already...we need to save this game just so I can actually finish more of them...argh
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 09:31:28 PM »
and of course I don't have a single villain on virtue but perhaps it is time I created an actual Quantum based vigilante...hmm.  Like I don't have enough alts already...we need to save this game just so I can actually finish more of them...argh

Well, I'd really like to do this on Virtue, because my oldest surviving villain is still there. Grimrose, the Praetorian counterpart of my oldest surviving hero. There's a lot of strong resonance there. Also...I lost my VIP, and can't roll new toons on any other server. :(

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 09:46:24 PM »
Well, I'd really like to do this on Virtue, because my oldest surviving villain is still there. Grimrose, the Praetorian counterpart of my oldest surviving hero. There's a lot of strong resonance there. Also...I lost my VIP, and can't roll new toons on any other server. :(

I guess I'm "lucky" in having rejoined the ranks of the VIP only a few months prior to the announcement from hell...there are just so many toons I have never finished...so many things I have done. So many friends from before the days of global names and my hiatus...that I have no idea how to find :(

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 11:16:30 PM »
I guess I'm "lucky" in having rejoined the ranks of the VIP only a few months prior to the announcement from hell...there are just so many toons I have never finished...so many things I have done. So many friends from before the days of global names and my hiatus...that I have no idea how to find :(

...believe me. I know how you feel.

* DrakeGrimm hugs Quantumhero

Liz_Bathory

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2012, 06:44:56 AM »
Virtue is fine by me.. I just make a copy of Liz there for the event...

:P

Something everone can do is has at least one free slot.

Liz_Bathory

• Underling
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2012, 11:14:05 AM »
ok..

Is this next saterday to early to organise something massive?

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2012, 12:20:36 PM »
we might want to give out a little more advance notice. just my two pennies.

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2012, 12:45:06 PM »
...believe me. I know how you feel.

* DrakeGrimm hugs Quantumhero

Thank you Grimmy :)  Right back at you (hugs)

Saturday is not much warning...but I would try.

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2012, 12:48:06 PM »
I can't do this Saturday... Oct 6th should be good. And making it early, say around 4PM ET (that would make it 9PM for those in the UK) so we can get some Europeans the chance to join us?

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »
SO October 6th? Sunday is beter for myself. Granted I be willing to try and do a rally on Sunday October 7th at 4pm Eastern myself, In front of Lord Recluce's Statue Grandville.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »
I..have a feeling I've got theatre tickets. Drat.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2012, 02:35:31 PM »
I tend to work Sundays, but...well. We'll see. I might manage a small presence anyway, if I'm extra-sneaky.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2012, 03:20:11 PM »
October 6 conflicts with an existing scheduled event.  I'll find the link...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:25:15 PM by eabrace »
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2012, 03:23:09 PM »
Of course it does. Le sigh. Well, we'll figure this out sooner or later.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2012, 03:28:56 PM »
OK, I guess it doesn't much matter which weekend is selected.

Atlas march, Sep 29, 7 pm EDT
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5294.0.html

Steel Canyon border run, Oct 6, 8 pm EDT
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5159.0.html

Going earlier in the day would allow people to participate in multiple events on the same day, though.  Nothing wrong with that.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin