Author Topic: Event: Save or City of Heroes Unity March  (Read 8596 times)

caine6900

• Minion
  • I love City of Heroes
Event: Save or City of Heroes Unity March
« on: September 24, 2012, 12:38:30 AM »
Okay
COH fans it is time to plan another event. This is for this coming Saturday evening at 7-8 pm Eastern time this will be a unity rally that will start in Atlas park in front of Ms. Liberty then as we walk we will go through Skyway city then cross over to Talos island then take the ferry to PI and then to the Portal Court yard.
Remember Sept 29th 2012 7-8 p.m. Eastern standard time Front of Ms. Liberty
I would like to set this up for Victory server. I have attended the unity rally's and march's on the other servers even with a level 2 character so you can come to us and you will be welcomed.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:48:15 PM by TonyV »

Soundtrack

• Boss
Re: Save or City of heroes unity march
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 12:53:16 AM »
By "7-8", are you planning on starting at 7:00 and ending at 8:00? If so, I can tell you that if your characters "Walk", it will take much longer than one hour. I attended the Steel Canyon march and just for walking around Steel Canyon, it was about an hour and a half (if I'm not mistaken). I could be wrong, but I would plan on more than one hour to go through all those zones. :)

caine6900

• Minion
  • I love City of Heroes
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 10:30:37 PM »
 :)I would actually like it to continue beyond 8 pm. that way we can get a lot of peeps to show.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 10:37:02 PM »
Best friend is getting married Saturday so I'll be gone all day, not to mention by time I get home from the reception (open bar) my hero, and myself, may not be able to walk in a straight line.  8)
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

EbonHawk

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 10:45:37 PM »
7-8pm EST is midnight-1am UK time.

I know it's not a 'school night' but it's still going to be a hard sell to the EU players.

I know the US numbers are higher and it's nigh on impossible to set a window that works well for all. I wish you all the luck in the world and I hope there's a massive turnout.

Dark Horizon

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 11:23:10 PM »
By "7-8", are you planning on starting at 7:00 and ending at 8:00? If so, I can tell you that if your characters "Walk", it will take much longer than one hour. I attended the Steel Canyon march and just for walking around Steel Canyon, it was about an hour and a half (if I'm not mistaken). I could be wrong, but I would plan on more than one hour to go through all those zones. :)
We did this this past Saturday on Guardian, if it was longer than an hour it wasn't much longer.

We had the usual naysaying onlookers and a sizeable portion of the turnout were clearly following along for the novelty rather than in support of the cause. We had a bit of a treat in that we caught the end of a zombie attack when we stepped off the ferry in PI. For some of us, this might have been the last one we'll see.

I have to ask though: unless someone outside the community is present to observe these marches, what is the real value of the effort?

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 11:26:34 PM »
...what is the real value of the effort?

Because in by doing so we're not just shrugging our shoulders, jumping ship and giving up. For those who have spent years in-game building characters, relationships and spending money, it just makes sense. It doesn't matter if NCsoft is watching or it will turn the tide, but damn it we're doing what we believe in and supporting a game that means something to us.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Heavy Ion

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 02:47:21 AM »
Because in by doing so we're not just shrugging our shoulders, jumping ship and giving up. For those who have spent years in-game building characters, relationships and spending money, it just makes sense. It doesn't matter if NCsoft is watching or it will turn the tide, but damn it we're doing what we believe in and supporting a game that means something to us.

I couldn't agree more. The videos of these marches might get people talking (and I've shared my own experience on here before about how watching protests in Ultima Online got me interested in MMO's in the first place), but even more important is keeping the players united right now. We need to stay motivated, and coming together with a group of people with the same goals helps reaffirm the importance of continuing to fight for our little world. Even if we are only reaching each other, that is a worthwhile effort. The worst thing that can happen to a movement like this isn't being attacked from the outside; it is rotting from the inside.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »
Bumping as a reminder.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

chasearcanum

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 10:06:26 PM »
Is this still planned, and is there an ingame global to contact?  Cinder Flame and I are rolling up alts on Victory for this, but we may be pushing our schedule to make it...

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 10:14:12 PM »
If you don't get an answer to that, you might try asking in the LFG or help channels whether anyone is aware of who to talk to.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 11:27:44 PM »
Hrm, this is really close to the DominateDominion tournament on Saturday.  I can probably make it, but might have to leave early.

Granted, the tournament is supposed to start at 8, and often starts a bit late.

caine6900

• Minion
  • I love City of Heroes
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 11:31:49 PM »
Hello Gang! remember!
There is a unity rally march/walk on Victory server this coming Saturday evening at 7 P.M. EST and lasting until we decide its over. we will be starting in Atlas park and marching through Skyway then to Talos island and take the Ferry to PI and end up in Portals courtyard and take lots of pictures along the way. As for a recording of that. I do not know. That would possibly take over an hours of recording and that's a lot of disc space to take up So the pics will work well. if you have any questions contact me here or while in game its Madame Shayla or Lady Shayla

This will last beyond the 8 pm time so I will have it last until it is over. I was listening people.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
Re: Event: Save or City of Heroes Unity March
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 02:01:00 AM »
*waves fists in the air* JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB  why always when i have work! curse you job!

Petite

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 02:20:16 AM »
If I can, I'll be there.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 09:44:24 AM »
Best friend is getting married Saturday so I'll be gone all day, not to mention by time I get home from the reception (open bar) my hero, and myself, may not be able to walk in a straight line.  8)

That's what the follow function is for.  ;D

caine6900

• Minion
  • I love City of Heroes
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »
Remember! tonight at 7 pm EST on Victory server there will be a Unity Rally/march. It all starts in front of Ms. Liberty I will be forming a league or if needed more than one league. We will be marching through AP then to Skyway and to Talos island then take the ferry to PI and wind up in portals own courtyard.
One thing people take lots of pics and if somebody has the hard drive space they can do a demo record of the whole thing (lasts maybe more than and hour but I plan of staying on for a heck of a lot longer than that).
Yes I will be there all in white with the Phoenix wings white as well.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 07:21:15 PM »
Just rolled a clone of my namesake on Victory.

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 08:48:17 PM »
I'm going to be late to the party. Sorry, I'm a teaching assistant in RL and I have duty to attend to. So I'm going to be playing somebody's real hero tonight. :)

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 11:41:14 PM »
I, on Defiant, just sprinted the march, having arrived late and assumed you had already gone. I'm now inside Portal Corp and nobody's here; nor encountered anybody along the way. I hope Virtue got plenty of visits! I hope you made 33 instances of every zone from Atlas to Peregrine!

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 12:55:41 AM »
They went into RWZ afterward.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 01:40:01 AM »
Sadly I missed the march...damn RL! Any pics?? Was anyone covering the march (Massively?). Any videos? Approx how many people showed up?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 02:02:17 AM »
I saw some pictures on the Save City of Heroes facebook page.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 05:07:20 AM »
Bah I don't do facebook :) Only social media I do is twitter.

RockLeeXIII

• Minion
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 11:26:10 AM »
Greetings all

well i've played CoH since last year ... changed my account cause my friends wanted
to play on a different server ... even after they got board i still enjoyed the game ...

Then i got this email from NCsoft announcing the close of the server and i was sad ... i tried to log in but my pc was bing moody but managed to login now ...

I think they should patch CoH one last time so Heroes and villians have a place to go when the servers go offline... i just wanna protect Atlas city even if we can't hang out together anymore ... just let the heroes and villains have a place they can still go to .. to remember the fun they had ... this is my fav game ...

i can't sit by and watch it just vanish :(

caine6900

• Minion
  • I love City of Heroes
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 11:37:57 AM »
Nope sorry we only had the one Instance all the way there. Or at least nobody said any thing. But we had a grand time and TonyV was there.
Never give up. Keep the faith that all this we are doing is making a difference. I am planning on doing another one next weekend but this time to encompass the villains as well so this will be in Coop zones. Maybe Night ward and Cim. RWZ can be really mean on the streets and you should not walk there with out your powers suppressed for walk.
here is a link for a lot of pics that was taken during the march!http://on.fb.me/SoPLOT

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 02:09:15 PM »
I really appreciate you hosting this, these are exactly the kind of events we need to keep morale high and players engaged with City of Heroes during a difficult time.

I got there a few minutes late, but fortunately early enough I was close enough to being on time that they had just left.  Oh, and I took a few pictures!

Here we are on our way through Skyway city, just outside of the tunnel to Atlas Park.

After Skyway, we went through Talos Island to the ferry.  By then, we had picked up a few more people on the way.

After taking the ferry to Peregrine Island, we headed north.

And finally arrived at our destination, around an hour and a half or so after setting out.  By then, we had picked up a bunch more people along the way.  It was a lot of fun, and really great meeting you all.  I normally don't hang out on Victory, but I can tell that it has an awesome and dedicated community.  Thanks again for hosting this!

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 02:42:28 PM »
I can not believe I missed this one ....ack.  Wanted to be there so much :(
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

angelo.pampalone

• Underling
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 03:04:09 PM »
Bravo to all attendees!

I too wanted to be there but was unable to attend :-/

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 03:16:15 PM »
RL obligations prevented me from attending, but well done.

I was there in spirit.

Dr Toerag

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 03:19:37 PM »
I can see me in all the piccies!
Yay, my internet fame is now assured....right....right?

I missed the RWZ bit as I was level 4 and it was about 3 hours past my bedtime by then.

Graphite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 09:26:36 PM »
/em holdtorch

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 07:31:32 PM »
I really appreciate you hosting this, these are exactly the kind of events we need to keep morale high and players engaged with City of Heroes during a difficult time.

I got there a few minutes late, but fortunately early enough I was close enough to being on time that they had just left.  Oh, and I took a few pictures!

Here we are on our way through Skyway city, just outside of the tunnel to Atlas Park.

After Skyway, we went through Talos Island to the ferry.  By then, we had picked up a few more people on the way.

After taking the ferry to Peregrine Island, we headed north.

And finally arrived at our destination, around an hour and a half or so after setting out.  By then, we had picked up a bunch more people along the way.  It was a lot of fun, and really great meeting you all.  I normally don't hang out on Victory, but I can tell that it has an awesome and dedicated community.  Thanks again for hosting this!

Do you mind if I use these for a video project?
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter