Poll

If (somehow) CoH/V were to be saved, what would you commit to paying over the next year?

$1000 or more of Paragon Points
10 (7.2%)
$500-$1000 Paragon Points
19 (13.8%)
$100-$500 Paragon Points
44 (31.9%)
$50-$100 Paragon Points
20 (14.5%)
$25-$50 Paragon Points
5 (3.6%)
$10-$25 Paragon Points
3 (2.2%)
$5-$10 Paragon Points
0 (0%)
I'd just continue my monthly sub
34 (24.6%)
I'd pay a sub a few months of the year
2 (1.4%)
I'd continue as a Free-to-Play member
1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 138

Author Topic: What would you pay? (Poll)  (Read 6752 times)

steve1967

• Minion
What would you pay? (Poll)
« on: September 24, 2012, 08:57:31 PM »
Well, someone asked about "how many we are."  I think it is more important (for negotiating purposes) to know how much we would pay.

I was thinking of this the other day, and that question prompted me to try this out.

So, what would you commit to doing?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 09:23:03 PM by steve1967 »

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
Re: What would you pay?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:14:55 PM »
I'm living on student loans at the moment, anyway. But I go out to eat too much as it is, and I can count on profitable employment once I've finished my studies. I'd be in the $100 to $500 bracket.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
Re: What would you pay? (Poll)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 09:25:43 PM »
Honestly, we'd pay our three monthly subs, continue to spend on extra points, and probably resub one or both of the accounts we'd allowed to "expire".

steve1967

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
I was thinking of how cool it would be if we could go to a potential buyer and say, "Well if you get this IP and treat us right, you are looking at $X million of revenue next year."

(And I am, at times, a statistical consultant and professor, so I know this isn't particularly valid...)

steve1967

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:28:19 PM »
Honestly, we'd pay our three monthly subs, continue to spend on extra points, and probably resub one or both of the accounts we'd allowed to "expire".

Heh, I didn't think to include a "we will increase the number of accounts" option!  Hmm, just estimate how much you would spend on the new accounts and select that dollar amount of Paragon Points.  Gets the same point across...

SkyStreak

• Minion
Re: What would you pay?
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 09:40:36 PM »
I subscribed on two accounts, and bought $100 worth of paragon points th moment I could, and bought another $100 on one in June (which I haven't  actually spent any points from yet, and have yet to find out what kind if credit I will get for....) because I was running low on one account, and was about to buy another $100 for the other account soon.

Basically, I was shelling out $500 or so a year, so I would do that at a minimum.

I would definitely commit to more if it guaranteed saving the game, but there would have to be some kind of minimum time guarantee or other item (like a stand alone character generator, or maybe solo/multiplayer version). 

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 09:46:03 PM »
Heh, I didn't think to include a "we will increase the number of accounts" option!  Hmm, just estimate how much you would spend on the new accounts and select that dollar amount of Paragon Points.  Gets the same point across...

Can't figure out how to change my answer, but my math comes out to around $850-$1000/year for two and a half of us.

icecigal

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 09:52:21 PM »
I would continue my month sub. + and probably an additional $150 - $200 a year in pp's.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 10:05:20 PM »
I'd have a subscription and most likely $100-500 a year in points.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 10:14:28 PM »
I'd keep my sub, sub up for my son and get him his own account, and get PPs for both of us.  $100-$500 bracket, possibly more.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 10:22:36 PM »
I would likely do the sub, and purchase a number of points every few months - depending on new powersets, etc.

This past year, I think I spent 100 bucks on points as well as maintaining my sub.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 11:05:45 PM »
Looks like most people HERE are willing to pay for AT LEAST the equivalent of a monthly sub.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 11:06:57 PM »
Hmm we have two VIP subscriptions which we would maintain.

Provided there were certain guarentees in place protecting our player base (such as perpetual access to viable offline play or a guarentee of community servers) I would commit to maintaining those two subscriptions ($360 dollars) plus some additional purchase of paragon points/value packs by one or both of us.  Let's say $500 for a rough base number for the two of us.  I will also happily work with the sponsorship team ;) to find additional funding in other ways.

Give me content I want at a far price and remove the fear of it being snatched away at any moment and if they are honest about needing money or give me something very special and an extra 20 or 50 bucks might appear from time to time.
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Stellar Agent

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 11:26:01 PM »
I think from comments posted here, you may have used the wrong type of "buttons".  Instead of radio buttons, where you can only select one option, you should have used the other where you can select more than one.

In my case I would continue to pay for my son's and my own account PLUS buy an average of $5 - $10 per month in Paragon Points.

Vak

• Underling
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 11:33:12 PM »
I'd happily keep my $15 subscription going, as would virtually everybody else I know.

Over and above that, if there were a call for a one-shot donation to help get the IP into Paragon Studios' hands - sure; IF we had assurances of a life cycle time assuming they collected on the pledges. I have dropped $15 a month since July of '04, which comes out close to $1500 (quite a bit over, actually, with the additional box and PP purchases). If they could guarantee us another 10 years I'd commit to that up-front.

steve1967

• Minion
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 11:38:59 PM »
I think from comments posted here, you may have used the wrong type of "buttons".  Instead of radio buttons, where you can only select one option, you should have used the other where you can select more than one.

In my case I would continue to pay for my son's and my own account PLUS buy an average of $5 - $10 per month in Paragon Points.

I think the poll needs to have mutually exclusive options.

I viewed buying PPs as being equal to having a sub and buying them, but I can see how that would not necessarily be the case.

So I should have been more clear - something like:

A year sub plus $1000 or more of Paragon Points or additional accounts
A year sub plus $500-$1000 Paragon Points or additional accounts
A year sub plus $100-$500 Paragon Points or additional accounts
A year sub plus $50-$100 Paragon Points or additional accounts
A year sub plus $25-$50 Paragon Points or additional accounts
A year sub plus $10-$25 Paragon Points or additional accounts
A year sub plus $5-$10 Paragon Points or additional accounts
I'd just continue my monthly sub for the year
I'd pay a sub a few months of the year (Premium)
I'd buy some Paragon Points, but not sub
I'd continue as a Free-to-Play member
I am done playing the game

Ah well, next time I'll do better.

steve1967

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 11:43:14 PM »
Looks like most people HERE are willing to pay for AT LEAST the equivalent of a monthly sub.

Well, speaking as a statistician, I can tell you that (currently) most respondents are willing to pay significantly more in addition to the monthly sub.

Of course this is not a random sample of potential players either, just the loonie ones who come check in here - like me.

jeangray

• Minion
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 11:46:26 PM »
Not voting because the choices aren't quite right (as most stated before me) but I completely see the usefulness of the information so posting my specifics.  I'd continue with my main account as VIP, re-sub my second account, spend $300 a year for paragon points for my main account, spend $100 for my second account, and possibly more for my kids once they're old enough and interested (per kid that'd work out to a sub plus points for theirs too in the next couple of years times two...my youngest still is a ways off).

So, at the least, 2 yearly subs and likely $400 in Paragon Points.  Definitely not an all at once purchase but it is the only game/hobby I have.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 11:49:03 PM »
I didn't see an option for monthly sub plus paragon points so i just picked year round sub. I have 4 accounts; me, dad, mike and my dads wife janet. Me n my dads were paid year round and i purchased points sometimes when something new came out if i didn't have enough saved up. Janets was paid part time and Mikes was paid part time but he bought points sometimes too.

EDIT: oh i found your edit.

Account 1: A year sub plus $25-$50 Paragon Points or additional accounts
Account 2: I'd just continue my monthly sub for the year
Account 3: I'd pay a sub a few months of the year (Premium)
Account 4: I'd pay a sub a few months of the year (Premium) Plus A year sub plus $10-$25 Paragon Points or additional accounts
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:55:52 PM by Moonfyire101 »

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 11:52:57 PM »
Well, if my interview tomorrow goes well, I would probably be able to re-sub my second account, and still purchase some extra points on occasion.

I'm just fortunate that I have lifetime subs for a couple of other MMOs I play irregularly. :p
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms