Poll

If (somehow) CoH/V were to be saved, what would you commit to paying over the next year?

$1000 or more of Paragon Points
10 (7.2%)
$500-$1000 Paragon Points
19 (13.8%)
$100-$500 Paragon Points
44 (31.9%)
$50-$100 Paragon Points
20 (14.5%)
$25-$50 Paragon Points
5 (3.6%)
$10-$25 Paragon Points
3 (2.2%)
$5-$10 Paragon Points
0 (0%)
I'd just continue my monthly sub
34 (24.6%)
I'd pay a sub a few months of the year
2 (1.4%)
I'd continue as a Free-to-Play member
1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 138

Author Topic: What would you pay? (Poll)  (Read 6759 times)

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
Re: What would you pay? (Poll)
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2012, 09:30:51 PM »
*bump*

Considering the number of signatures on the petition, the response to this poll is disappointing. I would like to see how many people actually would spend how much money. Can we get even a tenth of the response to the petition as a response to this poll?

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2012, 09:43:51 PM »
*bump*

Considering the number of signatures on the petition, the response to this poll is disappointing. I would like to see how many people actually would spend how much money. Can we get even a tenth of the response to the petition as a response to this poll?
Unfortunately not everyone who signed the petition has been over here.  And the people who are here are more often the lifetime sub types.  I myself am not, but that's just the impression I get.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2012, 09:59:21 PM »
Is "lifetime subscription" a possibility that now, or at any time before the shutdown was announced, is/was available in CoH?

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2012, 10:01:04 PM »
Is "lifetime subscription" a possibility that now, or at any time before the shutdown was announced, is/was available in CoH?
Oh, pardon my use of words.  No, it never has been.  I was simply referring to people who have never let their subs drop (or rarely, at least).

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2012, 10:07:27 PM »
And I would like to see those numbers reflected in this poll.

I'm pushing this because this is an actual measure of "money where mouths are," even if it's a weak measure (since it's just pledging money; nobody is bound to honor the pledge at this stage). And money has a louder voice with those who matter in making the decisions that will determine the fate of CoH than social media do. That's not to say social media lack a voice; money's is just louder.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2012, 10:41:43 PM »
I would resub both accounts and maybe buy some points for some powersets. I'd buy more points if Paragon went indie.

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2012, 10:45:56 PM »
Well, I "was" paying for 3 accounts in my household.  Mine, my husband's and my son's.   I would continue to pay monthly.  I haven't really paid attention to the "extras" I have paid for, because it was few and far between over the course of the year. 

Though, I had tossed it out there somewhere (probably through a FB page), that if NCSoft was willing to sell and has someone willing to buy but needed a little extra help, what about offering out a lifetime membership?

Back when STO first launched, they too, offered up a lifetime membership for $249 per account. They offered this for about a month after initial launch. Of course they're F2P now  :-\

Now, hypothetically speaking, if you took the number of people who have signed the petition (20,003 btw ;D ) and offered them the lifetime membership at the same price as STO did, that would be an estimated $5 million. Wouldn't this help jump start? Or at least help recuperate from expenditures to get it back up and running?  Or could this be taken into thought and consideration along with determining if it will be strictly P2P  or P2P/F2P?

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2012, 10:51:27 PM »
I'd continue 3 active subs and probably buy 500 - 1000 in PP's over a year.

cptbarcode

• Minion
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2012, 10:56:08 PM »
We'd continue to pay our two monthly subs, of course, and would probably buy more points (although I'd hate to commit to a particular amount.) My wife has bought more of the gadgets, extra slots, extra trays, and so forth than I have -- I usually subsist on the 550 point monthly stipend eithout much problem -- but I haven't kept track of our point purchases.

Sin Stalker

• Boss
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2012, 11:06:52 PM »
Your poll is lacking. I think a lot of the paragon points options can be merged or let us select more than one.

I have two accounts, one always subbed, the other sometimes. I also was about to buy some paragon points on top of that to get several items and features.

So there are at least three options I could have selected.