Author Topic: My "Save City of Heroes" video is now live  (Read 8910 times)

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
Re: My "Save City of Heroes" video is now live
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2012, 09:15:34 PM »
I tolf myself I wouldn't cry... =')
I lied to myself...
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

Siberian Spring

• Lieutenant
    • Live Creatively
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2012, 09:39:26 PM »
Whoa, what search engine and/or function are you using to get that info?

I can't even get that kind of thing from youtube's statistics (though it DID tell me that it's embedded somewhere on adobe.com - still trying to figure that one out).

I found a bunch of those news stories via GoogleNews... I have an alert for "City of Heroes". There was a Chinese article too.

Cold Bob

• Minion
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2012, 03:05:39 AM »
Another great video, I think it perfectly represents what the Save City of Heroes movement is all about...

We are a community -- we are a VITAL community -- I'm proud of everyone who is doing whatever they can to keep this game running!

DamianoV

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2012, 03:07:23 AM »
Watching this twice a day, once when I get up, once when I hit the sack... two liftings of the spirit a day.

Thanks for this, TimTheEnchanter.  Much needed...

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2012, 11:45:25 PM »
Whoa, what search engine and/or function are you using to get that info?

I can't even get that kind of thing from youtube's statistics (though it DID tell me that it's embedded somewhere on adobe.com - still trying to figure that one out).

I've just been doing a simple google search for "city of heroes" and obsesssively scanning through the pages. Just FYI,  countries this and other news has been popping up in...

Romania
Greece
Italy
Hungary
Brazil
India (or at least Indian focused websites)
Denmark
Norway
Belgium
New Zealand
Canada (no real surprise here Hiya Canadians!)
Germany (Zukunft!)
Indonesia
UK (How could I forget you)
Thailand
France (vive Vigilance)
Australia (hey, I mentioned NZ, you knew this would come up)
Spain
121,000 hits on a Youtube search
...and the list goes on...

Those are just the ones I have found. The point of this list is to show that the word is getting around. Even if all of these webpages are just reposting from the same 3 sources, they are reposting the ALL OVER THE WORLD.

So what if NCSoft has grabbed the spotlight with their latest announcement? We can grab it back. The world is listening. Now is the time to keep making noise.

For those of you with the talent to make videos, do it. For the musicians, sing out. For the writers, find the best words you can. Any talent, any skill, any expertise at all can be put to use here. We already know that NCSoft is not interested in supporting the game but maybe, just maybe, we can make enough noise to convince them that it would be in their best interest to let go of the property.

And, if that should fail, we can give them a PR hit hard enough to blacken their corporate eyes and make other companies take notice. "Treat your players well, even at the end." will be the buzzword. And we  will be standing in the background as if to say "...or else."

We are Heroes, This is what we do.

As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.