Author Topic: $800k/month profit? I think you mean revenue?  (Read 21169 times)

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
Re: $800k/month profit? I think you mean revenue?
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2012, 01:23:09 PM »
Methinks that a decent chunk of the people in this thread need to take a step back, chill and consume a tasty frozen dairy concoction.

There's a lot of valid points, but there's a lot of un-needed aggression. The last thing this movement needs is it's people at each others throats over some stupid disagreement.

Thank you, Zolgar. I was just about to post something to that very effect.

Guys, we wouldn't get so emotional if we didn't care to begin with. But we can't let those emotions tear us apart. Not here, not now. We don't know what the raw, uncooked numbers are. All we know is that several insiders in Paragon Studios were apparently under the impression that the game was "doing well" and (potentially) profitable enough to borrow millions of dollars to save. We don't really need to go much farther into details to that--details aren't germane to our efforts to save the game. We have to trust those in the know to act with honor and foresight, just as they trust us to act with respect and enthusiasm.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: $800k/month profit? I think you mean revenue?
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2012, 01:46:52 PM »
Okay guys, we've devolved into bickering, so I'm going to lock the thread.  The $800k/month thing was probably a misunderstanding or a misstatement by someone (not necessarily anyone posting in this thread) confusing revenue with profit.  There's also a good chance that the raw numbers not reported in the Investor Relations report are different.  I haven't personally seen the financials for City of Heroes, but I've talked several times with people who would be intimately familiar with them, and they have all said that City of Heroes was doing very well.  Was it making a million dollars a month?  Probably not, but it was doing a lot better than just breaking even, too.  It was more than pulling its own weight, even after expenses were factored in.

When or if we get to the point where we need to write up a plan for investors in a new game, we can revisit this topic, hopefully in a bit less confrontational manner.  In the meantime--and this goes for everyone--please stop assuming that people here are deliberately misrepresenting information, are too emotionally invested in the game to see the "truth" of the situation, or trying to shut down differing opinions.  The only one here shutting down opinions would be me, and the only opinion I'm trying to shut down is that your fellow players and teammates in this endeavor are stupid or malicious; neither is true.  So please, park the snark.