Author Topic: Activity: Send a Hero Heroic Get Wells  (Read 25557 times)

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
Re: Send a Hero Heroic Get Wells
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2012, 12:08:03 AM »
I think for a cause like this, bumping is good. I've only just seen it, and I've been trying to look for new posts each evening.

Might I suggest we print out our characters with text in a balloon? The chat balloon will generally last long enough to get a screenie with it.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
Re: Send a Hero Heroic Get Wells
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2012, 12:26:35 AM »
I think for a cause like this, bumping is good.

No need to do that, I'll sticky it through the weekend so people will see it.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
Re: Activity: Send a Hero Heroic Get Wells
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2012, 12:51:18 AM »
Gonna look for a funny and hopefully heroic card tomorrow while out running errands.

Best wishes to your dad!

nataliaofvirtues

• Minion
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2012, 02:57:25 AM »
I am absolutely awful at drawing, but my heart felt prayers goes out for you, your father and family. May you all be blessed and be able to continue meeting in the community of City of Heroes for many years to come.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »
http://theoatmeal.com/blog/cancer

I wish I'd printed this off to send with my card.  Doh.

Maybe someone else can.  (Sorta nsfw)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 08:53:16 PM »
I am the absolute worst artist on earth and my handwriting is awful...but one picture drawn.  Not sent but drawn
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 01:48:32 AM »
I am the absolute worst artist on earth and my handwriting is awful...but one picture drawn.  Not sent but drawn

lol no worries, my dads animals all look the same, he'll love it whatever it is. I wish this had a sketch funtion i'd show you what i mean. Think preschool dog i guess.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 03:06:49 AM »
We live quite a distance from town, so it took till today before we had several things to take care of that I could post ours.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 03:57:12 PM »
We live quite a distance from town, so it took till today before we had several things to take care of that I could post ours.

No rush and thank you, i'm sure he'll love it.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 03:57:37 PM »
Have you had any cards show up yet, Moon?
--
@Vandellia

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 07:52:38 PM »
Have you had any cards show up yet, Moon?

Funny you should ask, he just called me all excited over air mail. It really made his day. He loved it and said thank you to who sent it. He wasn't expecting anything and it's great his community, the heroes community, cares.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 08:00:27 PM »
Ooh, I hope it was mine.  And that he gets a whole bunch more :)
--
@Vandellia

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 08:02:39 PM »
I have been home sick (just the flu) - Am gonna go look for a card or two tomorrow after work :)

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 02:54:43 AM »
Dad recieved another letter today. A post card actually which he described as "cool". I think he said 2 postcards. TY from both of us. He's really loving it and it makes his day better.

Update on his Drs. He went to the other cancer hospital and met with a really nice Dr.which explained that his condition is extremely rare and almost unheard of in adults. It usually is only seen in children. He then told him he is actually in pretty good shape for having it. He suggested that he take the cancer pills (they are supposed to stop the growth) and see if those work. Since there have been no studies done on this type of cancer for those pills he's curious if they will help. He said they should monitor him and if it's not helping give him different chemo. Once they've exhausted all options there are some studies he can join. Also, Mercedes, he (the Dr.) said that he believes you are right about Mayo. He believes this cancer is so rare that Mayo would ship him in for free.

I'll keep ypu all updated and keep the cards comming, thanks a bunch. 

Oh, another update, dad said his visit with bob has been postponed to tomorrow. I hope he gets a chance to ask him and he sais yes. Cross your fingers.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 04:24:21 AM »
Sounds like he got ours.  We sent him postcard size prints of two of Larry's covers in the same book series.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2012, 04:27:33 AM »
Sounds like he got ours.  We sent him postcard size prints of two of Larry's covers in the same book series.

I think it was yours, he thought they looked so "cool"! Thanks

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2012, 09:08:26 AM »
I just seen this post but my night thoughts and Superheroine are on the way!
After all.  .
WE'RE HEROES THIS IS WHAT WE DO!!

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2012, 01:43:08 PM »
Cross-posting this from the "re-alignment of company focus" thread, as I use a quote from Moonyfire in here and mention his situation with his father (though I name no names, I do link the "Save Paragon City!" subforum). If I offend in any way, or if this is information anybody doesn't want released to the press, please let me know so I can edit it!

Thanks!

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 09:24:11 PM »
Cross-posting this from the "re-alignment of company focus" thread, as I use a quote from Moonyfire in here and mention his situation with his father (though I name no names, I do link the "Save Paragon City!" subforum). If I offend in any way, or if this is information anybody doesn't want released to the press, please let me know so I can edit it!

Thanks!

It's no problem at all. Anything that will help. I'm a her though. That's the only change.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2012, 09:43:11 PM »
It's no problem at all. Anything that will help. I'm a her though. That's the only change.

Oh come on. Everybody knows there aren't any girls on the internet! :P
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV