Author Topic: An Ambitious Idea  (Read 5821 times)

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
Re: An Ambitious Idea
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 10:36:42 PM »
Love the idea!!!  Though, I do have a question (yep, I ask a lot of them in game too  ;D

Is there a way, once this is set up and scheduled, to put some kind of  "MOTD" in game to announce?  This way here, whomever is not part of the forums or Facebook pages/groups, they could be informed as well, in advance, and gives them a chance to join in?  The reason I'm asking is because I don't know how many players are part of this forum, Facebook groups/pages or have the www.savecoh.com bookmarked. If there was a way to also make some kind of message for when players first log in, they'd have a chance to join in as well.

Just thought I'd toss it out there :roll:

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 10:46:21 PM »
Good question, and hopefully someone will pick up the ball on the other servers.
I will be hitting up the Guardian Chat channels to get the word out on Guardian's Channels.
Make it part of their MOTD. SG/VG owners, include it in your /gmotd. Channel Admins, include it in yours
This is all player driven, and the players, all of us, have to be our own advocates and spokespeople.
We have been asked to make noise.
Lets set off an atom bomb....  ;D

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 11:43:49 AM »
Working title (throwing it out there, see who shoots).   'Party like it's 11/29'

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 02:32:00 PM »
Didn't someone say Black Pebble is still posting as a redname? Worth PMing him with a request for a login announcement if so. A polite request for help with publicity in the official forums can't hurt. <evil grin> Especially if some of the gaming press should be aware that we asked. Heck, send it to that sunset address NCsoft gave us, too. Not like we WANT to hide what we are doing. Whether they agree or not we should be able to get some mileage out of the request.

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 04:31:35 PM »
Someone asked if the D.J.s from different stations could collaborate and banter between each other.

I got this from BLU on AFKRadio.com:

It would likely either have to be broadcast from one station, or we'd have to share our streaming information between stations.

In short, not very likely.

Speaking of media support, has anyone heard from any other streaming music stations or other media outlets? Other people with more savvy and pull than me? ...... anyone.... Beuller...Beuller....?

Stormy Weathermaker

• Minion
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 09:51:07 PM »
Didn't someone say Black Pebble is still posting as a redname? Worth PMing him with a request for a login announcement if so. A polite request for help with publicity in the official forums can't hurt. <evil grin> Especially if some of the gaming press should be aware that we asked. Heck, send it to that sunset address NCsoft gave us, too. Not like we WANT to hide what we are doing. Whether they agree or not we should be able to get some mileage out of the request.

Someone said this on one of the posts and I agree....we really need the "like" button over here  ;D

djonehitwonder

• Minion
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 05:55:07 AM »
Someone asked if the D.J.s from different stations could collaborate and banter between each other.

I got this from BLU on AFKRadio.com:

It would likely either have to be broadcast from one station, or we'd have to share our streaming information between stations.

In short, not very likely.

Speaking of media support, has anyone heard from any other streaming music stations or other media outlets? Other people with more savvy and pull than me? ...... anyone.... Beuller...Beuller....?

What would probably work better, is to have each station sponsor a server, but broadcast separately.  We can band together for promotional purposes, but trying to share one broadcast could be a logistical and technical nightmare.

Also, do you want to do this during the Double XP weekend?  And the same day that the Extra Life Gameathon is going on?  Seems like that weekend is already booked pretty solid, so another weekend for this might be better, perhaps November 3rd?  That would also give you more time to make sure every server has a station (I can help with that, I have a few contacts), and promote the event.

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 08:29:33 AM »
Oh, I still want to hold it in October (for personal reasons). Latest I would want to go is Oct. 27th.
Any further thoughts on this from everyone would be welcome
If I am going to change the invites, now is the time

djonehitwonder

• Minion
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 01:56:10 PM »
I know The Cape is already hosting a Halloween party on the 27th.

When The Cape does 2xXP weekend, we generally have less people at a stationary show, and some of the DJs prefer to be out running missions or task forces.  Some people like the break though.  Still, it's our experience that less people want to stay in one spot dancing during 2xXP.

If you still want to do it on the 20th, be sure to tie it in with the other events, and help each other with the publicity.  Get the charity folks and the radio stations all on board together to run a 24 hour event, where people can come and go.  Perhaps have a "dance off" at the top of every hour, where people meet up in AP for a 10-minute break, then can team up and go get mad expees again.  Actually, that's not a bad idea... would promote community and help people find teams!

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 03:45:57 PM »
Now I am REALLY feeling out of my depth here...... :(

djonehitwonder

• Minion
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 04:55:56 PM »
Heh, sorry.  I have experience as a professional event planner, so I look at these things through that lens.  I just need to curb my tendency to take off running with an idea before the starter pistol goes off.   :P 

But I am more than willing to help you out with this.  If you say "GO!" then I'll start running, but I don't want you to think I'm taking over your idea. :)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »
Wondiiiiiie. Are you stealing events again? :p j/k

Nice to see you over here. ^.^
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 11:46:19 AM »
My idea is two-fold
1. give those unable to speak on Virtue or Freedom a voice
2. to show that our support has not weakened, in fact it has only gotten stronger

In a long siege, it is easy to get disheartened when you have no 'victories'. I want this to be a morale
booster. Not everyone logs into Titan Network, or Facebook to see what is going on, but we all log on to the game.

I want to show our Unity to our own, as well as the powers that be.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 03:44:56 AM »
My idea is two-fold
1. give those unable to speak on Virtue or Freedom a voice
2. to show that our support has not weakened, in fact it has only gotten stronger

In a long siege, it is easy to get disheartened when you have no 'victories'. I want this to be a morale
booster. Not everyone logs into Titan Network, or Facebook to see what is going on, but we all log on to the game.

I want to show our Unity to our own, as well as the powers that be.

Wondie, this is EClark.  He has had some brilliant ideas.

EClark, this is one of the CAPE radio DJs, One Hit Wonder.  He does great planning.

You two should talk.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

djonehitwonder

• Minion
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012, 04:18:32 AM »
Wondie, this is EClark.  He has had some brilliant ideas.

EClark, this is one of the CAPE radio DJs, One Hit Wonder.  He does great planning.

You two should talk.

She, actually. :P  But yes, I have done real life event planning, as well as event planning for The Cape Radio.  I stepped down to plan my own wedding and run my own business, but I would love to talk more about this idea.  Hit me up via email, it's my username here at gmail.com

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 04:23:11 AM »
She, actually. :P  But yes, I have done real life event planning, as well as event planning for The Cape Radio.  I stepped down to plan my own wedding and run my own business, but I would love to talk more about this idea.  Hit me up via email, it's my username here at gmail.com

We do love us a Wondie.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 05:24:24 AM »
She, actually. :P 

Eeep.  My bad; I've never actually been listening to the Cape when you're on.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 08:58:34 AM »
Thank you for your help.... like I said, I am really out of my depth in organizing such an event.
If I can coordinate people who have the know how, the savvy and the time to put this together.
Have them talk, work and come up with ideas.
We can have an event that will blow minds, and show the media, the executives, the unicorns and even our own
supporters that we are not going away.
We are here with them, for them, for the long haul.