Author Topic: We are the Good Team, This is what Good Guys do!  (Read 23761 times)

Fansy

• Lieutenant
We are the Good Team, This is what Good Guys do!
« on: September 26, 2012, 01:36:30 PM »
Hi Titan Network!

I was walking the plains of Norrath when I got a strange parcel dropped to the front of me and on it was a ''Save CoH'' seal that I have never seen before. After opening the letter and reading its contents I couldn't help but be moved emotionally and heart filled with pride about a group of heroic individuals doing everything they can to save their own realm from being yanked out from under them!

So, I left and came here under the instruction and plea of an incognito source who lead me to the game's forums and enjoyable atmosphere (community wise and game wise) which captured my heroic gooshy heart. I have come to lend a small (very small) hand in this fight to save your game and while I'm not taking care of grandpa (who has grown to love peanutbutter and topenade) I'll be focusing my efforts on getting some media attention and magazine coverage (if I can) to your cause. This way it gets the word out further than just the internet and will use my song of good deeds to inspire even the darkest of hearts!

I can't promise to be anything more than a nuisance but together we'll figure this out!

HORRAH HORRAH GOOD TEAM!
LETS SAVE THIS CITY!

Don't worry Tony, I'll make sure the Giants don't step on anyone unless they're villains.

Sincerely,
Fansy The ''Famous'' Bard

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
Re: We are the Good Team, This is what Good Guys do!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 01:53:17 PM »
Woot! We have a bard now to spread the word!
Welcome, and let us know the results!

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 02:08:08 PM »
It's never been a better time to be a good guy :)

ETA: Google-fu...oh my you /are/ famous, aren't you?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:13:37 PM by rae »
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 03:07:36 PM »
Thank you very much for your gracious words, and for your support!
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 05:33:06 PM »
Thank you very much!
- Omega Mk. V

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 06:29:30 PM »
The ultimate survivor from the ultimate surviving realm has come to support us! Your presence in our Oasis is most welcome :)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 06:33:30 PM »
Our cause touches other dimensions! Other worlds! Our combined will has pierced the heavens themselves! Together, we cannot fail!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 08:09:48 PM »
Welcome aboard and thank you for joining the fight. 
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 12:38:42 AM »
You're most welcome! Now lets keep our cheer hats on and get to work!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 12:58:35 AM »
Welcome!  And Well-come!
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 01:05:50 AM »
Thank you so much!

Knightward

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 01:17:32 AM »
Hey, any attention you can "train" to us would be good.  Thank you for your aid and welcome aboard!

Viridian Surge

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 09:07:50 AM »
Go-Go Good Team!

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 12:59:47 PM »
I'm posting this here also, just to double the message for us good guys!
( and you evil deed do'ers & newts.. )

I'm currently working on getting in touch with a few of the article editors for some of the more prestigious gaming corps but I can't do it alone! If there's any interest I'll need some back up from the Good Team with emails sent to Game Informer, FUN, Nintendo Power (Believe me they'll eat this story up), and PC Gamer. If your google-fu isn't strong I'll throw in some links. Screen shots/Gamer stories are always important.

I'll be calling them as well as sending in e-mails but what you feel is appropriate is up to, well, you! However the Good Team never takes on a weak challenge, and stomps out any chance of missing a connection!

Even if this doesn't work to save the game it will forever be told in lore and history, stapled in pages of ink sent to virtually every household about a community who refused to go down without a fight!

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 02:14:34 PM »
That, heroes, is the answer to Elliot's question on Massively the other day. We are fighting not just to win here, but to set an example of RIGHT. The battle for Paragon City will not be over if the servers go dark on November 30. Just as King Arthur's mission did not end at Mt Badon, or Vanyel's stewardship did not end with his death, nor Gandalf's when he fell with the balrog, the battle by the heroes of CoH must be such as to inspire a legend.

NCsoft holds many cards, but this they cannot take from us. Only WE can choose to make our stand an inspiration that will be remembered. That is the way to go forward despite any setbacks, and that is how we will convince others that the dream of a City of Heroes reborn is not just possible... but inevitable. No matter what happens, we "shall rise again! And woe to the wicked!"

We are heroes. This is what we do.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 06:28:56 PM »
I'm currently working on getting in touch with a few of the article editors for some of the more prestigious gaming corps but I can't do it alone! If there's any interest I'll need some back up from the Good Team with emails sent to Game Informer, FUN, Nintendo Power (Believe me they'll eat this story up), and PC Gamer. If your google-fu isn't strong I'll throw in some links. Screen shots/Gamer stories are always important.

We have a whole thread of Testimonials. I could attach a screenie to mine and send it to anyone you think would be appropriate. :)
@Vulpy
Protector Server

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 06:31:15 PM »
We have a whole thread of Testimonials. I could attach a screenie to mine and send it to anyone you think would be appropriate. :)

Yes, do please feel free to 'shop around' our Testimonials thread as much as you like. There's some truly awe-inspiring--and heart wrenching--stories in there. Good grief, I'm tearing up just posting about that thread. Beware the onion-chopping ninjas, but it's worth a solid read.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 08:10:43 PM »
So, we have a Bard from another dimension, coming to give aid to heroes from hearing of our plight?
Welcome to our ranks!  Here's your cape & cowl, (you don't have to use them, but as you can imagine, we get them whole sale) and any & everything you can bring to the fight will be greatly appreciated and I will be honored to fight side by side with you.
May they sing songs of this day til the end of time!

(Sorry, rewatched Tims video while showing it to some people, I'm back in fighting spirits)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 08:19:22 PM »
So, we have a Bard from another dimension, coming to give aid to heroes from hearing of our plight?
Welcome to our ranks!  Here's your cape & cowl, (you don't have to use them, but as you can imagine, we get them whole sale) and any & everything you can bring to the fight will be greatly appreciated and I will be honored to fight side by side with you.
May they sing songs of this day til the end of time!

(Sorry, rewatched Tims video while showing it to some people, I'm back in fighting spirits)

Welcome back, mate.

* DrakeGrimm hugs Heat Guard

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 08:43:03 PM »
[...]

Not just ANY bard, a FAMOUS bard. Nearly as famous as Leslie Fish, maybe. (grin)

That video does kinda getcha, don't it?