Author Topic: We are the Good Team, This is what Good Guys do!  (Read 23720 times)

Fansy

• Lieutenant
Re: We are the Good Team, This is what Good Guys do!
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 04:42:56 AM »
Hail!

Yes, you there! That's right, I've got something amazing to share with you, and hopefully this will lift your spirits a little higher, sit back for this one cause it's one major step for Good and a ginormous leap for Good kind!

Game Informer Editors (who would like to remain anonymous until the publishing) are looking for personal stories, and experiences from the players. I even have a nifty e-mail to send your special stories to: webmaster@gameinformer.com, use the header: Save CoH Effort - Article for Magazine (Oct Issue)

It will get to where it's got to go! Remember to kill them with kindness and express your heroic selves and duty. I suppose if you evils and newts HAVE to join in then the Good Guys can look away for a few seconds while you press send.

Good luck everyone, I'll be cheering you on!

CoolFlare

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 08:26:39 AM »
Done. ;D

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 09:06:08 AM »
Fansy, you are truly one of the Good Guys!

I have collated and sent 6 emails with the stories culled from the Testimonials thread.  I'm starting to think I am going to have to name a Valdemar Bard Fansy now....

Or maybe a Companion.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 04:07:34 PM »
Fansy, you are truly one of the Good Guys!

I have collated and sent 6 emails with the stories culled from the Testimonials thread.  I'm starting to think I am going to have to name a Valdemar Bard Fansy now....

Or maybe a Companion.

At the very least he's earned his place among the champions of Paragon City. We are heroes. This is what we do.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2012, 05:22:10 PM »
Done.

By the way for those SCAdians among us I am also a knight of the Midrealm and Mrs. Lackey I owe you on that front as well. Well Met.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 08:20:16 PM »
Hail!

Yes, you there! That's right, I've got something amazing to share with you, and hopefully this will lift your spirits a little higher, sit back for this one cause it's one major step for Good and a ginormous leap for Good kind!

Game Informer Editors (who would like to remain anonymous until the publishing) are looking for personal stories, and experiences from the players. I even have a nifty e-mail to send your special stories to: webmaster@gameinformer.com, use the header: Save CoH Effort - Article for Magazine (Oct Issue)

It will get to where it's got to go! Remember to kill them with kindness and express your heroic selves and duty. I suppose if you evils and newts HAVE to join in then the Good Guys can look away for a few seconds while you press send.

Good luck everyone, I'll be cheering you on!

If this hasn't been posted on the CoH forums yet, it really should be.  Not everyone has made it over here (I only migrated recently), and I think such news would be welcome.

and speaking of welcomes... Good to see you, Fansy!  Glad you're here!

Elfin

• Lieutenant
  • Never Fear Elfin Is Here
    • Ken's Super Sci Fi Page
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 11:27:23 PM »
I sat here at work on a long break and typed a very long email on my phone. Much eazier on the key board at home. I couldn't wait till I got home. So I took my time here at work and typed the best letter I could. I believe my story was included in Ms Lackey's emails but I wanted to be sure so I wrote my own as well although I am sure she wrote it far better than I could. Thanks to you for helping us with this. Fancy Welcome to the fight. You are a Hero of Heroes.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 02:18:29 AM »
I sent in my post from the LGBT outreach thread, with some screenshots of the appropriate character.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

JasaniAVA

• Underling
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 04:24:03 AM »
Well-met, Fansy!  We're glad you decided to join us in our fight -- for, no matter how futile the nay-sayers may claim it, as has been said before, we're heroes.  Saving Paragon City has been our jobs for years -- this is what we do.

As for the email, I'll be drafting one shortly.  I can't claim to be quite so loquacious as Misty (but, then, who can?), but I can throw together a few impassioned words for willing ears.

::hands Fansy a Paragon City cloak brooch::  Thought a bit of a welcoming gift was in order, and brooches are always in style for the bard on the go... :D

Heavy Ion

• Minion
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 06:33:01 AM »
I don't know if I can think of anything more appropriate than this legendary bard joining the good guys of COH. I'm so glad I never seriously played a villain.  ;)

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 07:38:20 AM »
Hello and welcome!

Now - I have a question I'm kind of embarrassed to ask.

Could someone clue me in as to the nature of Fansy's celebrity? I was never into Everquest or it's world and community so I can only gather from this conversation that Fansy is a well-known "big name player" in Norrath similar perhaps to the stature in our community of Ascendant or VV? I'm totally clueless here and some context would be appreciated.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 07:40:30 AM »
Do a quick google for "Fansy the Bard" and I almost guarantee you that your question will be answered. ;)
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Heavy Ion

• Minion

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2012, 08:06:19 AM »
You know, it occurs to me that Twixt is Fansy's Evil Twin.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2012, 08:27:31 AM »
...that thought slightly horrifies me, VV.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2012, 12:28:31 PM »
The link I found was on Cracked.com, a list of most elaborate "dick moves" in online games, though his was by far the most justly deserved by those on the receiving end. The fact that the internet's greatest time sink was the result on the top of my list seemed slightly appropriate to the title of the article.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

ObsidianPhoenix76

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 04:32:36 AM »
Done and sent!

Jetfire99

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 06:05:07 AM »
*brain clicks at who this is*

"I'm floored here, i'd heard of you from my WOW guild's older EQ players.  Honored to have you join the cause sir. *saultes*

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 02:38:30 PM »
I'll make sure the Giants don't step on anyone unless they're villains.
I'll be sure to bring some undead giants to ward them off, then. Can't have hero/villain conflicts get in the way of saving the world from oblivion. ^_~

Even villains store their stuff here!

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 06:43:23 PM »
I'll be sure to bring some undead giants to ward them off, then. Can't have hero/villain conflicts get in the way of saving the world from oblivion. ^_~

Even villains store their stuff here!
Thank you! My character lists tend to be much more red than blue. >.>
And Fansy's story made me laugh when I googled it when he first posted, suddenly the "giants" comment at the end of his post made sense! :P
That was even more horrible than training mobs was in Lineage 1.