Author Topic: Operation Postcard  (Read 2003 times)

Crater Labs

• Trivia Champion 2016
  • Minion
Operation Postcard
« on: September 26, 2012, 04:52:11 PM »
I've been thinking about this for a bit now, and while NC Soft likely won't be paying much attention to it, I've been thinking about letting my heroes and villains speak for themselves a bit.  It's the RPer in me, I'm sure, but I've been thinking that a method of humanizing myself in the eyes of NCSoft (as opposed to just being a mass of faceless consumers) would be in the form of postcards featuring my characters.

The post service's website has some links to postcard customization pages, where I can use my own images to create a postcard, along with a personalized message on the front and back, for just a dollar-ish per card.  I'm considering making the postcards I send have screen shots of my characters, protesting, asking, or even pleading with NCSoft with the message "Please don't take my home."  Professor Flummox lives in Paragon, I just play there.  He deserves to say it himself.

It's a true shot in the dark, I admit, and likely not to show much in the way of results, but I think that if anything has a chance of softening NCSoft's attitude enough so that they can see this as more than just a business matter, it's worth a shot.

Thoughts?  I'm going to start trying to figure out good poses for the screenshots.  I'm thinking of one of each for my primary hero, villain and praetorian, each sent to their offices in both Korea and the States.

Teege

• Boss
Re: Operation Postcard
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
I think that's a damn cool idea. I'll look into it myself too.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Crater Labs

• Trivia Champion 2016
  • Minion
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 05:15:59 PM »
For the record, I was looking over this website for my option ($1.02 per postcard seems reasonable considering the small order) based on a few options I found here.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 05:19:23 PM »
Not a bad idea. You're right in that they'll probably just ignore it, but if enough of us send one in, it'll still impact.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 05:39:29 PM »
Suggestion: Set up an email dropbox for participants to send scans of their post cards. When this is deemed "done" or sufficiently large in participant-count, make a collage of all the post-cards to post as a poster both on- and off-line.

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
    • Repeat Offenders Network - Making the stupidly difficult easy since 2005
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »
Suggestion: Set up an email dropbox for participants to send scans of their post cards. When this is deemed "done" or sufficiently large in participant-count, make a collage of all the post-cards to post as a poster both on- and off-line.

That would be awesome! I can set up an email acct for that at the savecoh.com address if you like.