Author Topic: Twitch.tv Live right now  (Read 5425 times)

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
Re: Twitch.tv Live right now
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 10:26:32 PM »
Well, firs of all, I thought Hit Streak was totally awesome for doing that today and we had some good back and forth with him.

Also, I asked two questions that I thought were fairly common questions among the community and he had solid answers for them (as solid as his answers can be, considering NCSoft could switch it up and surprise him).

Paraphrasing (as accurately as I can remember):
Me: Do you think the forums will go down before the planned shutdowm of the game, November 30th?
HitStreak: No, I don't think they'll be going down beforehand. I believe that the forums will remain up as long as the game is up.

Me: Are there any game codes or any way to grant people who are stuck being Non VIP for the rest of the sunsetting?
HitStreak: I would love to, but, unfortunately, that's completely out of our hands and there's nothing we can do.

My apologies if my memory misquoted there at all, but those were the overall answers of those two questions.

He also said he felt badly about the whole Dark Matter Aura codes and the Tuesday Tweets, as it was all his idea... but I also let him know that the way he handled things after that was frickin' awesome (for those that don't remember, he sat and manually sent all those damn codes when they changed the rules up and made it far easier for everyone to get the codes).

It was really great to catch that today. And superbly awesome of him to hop on and continue it for as long as he did too!

--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 09:47:54 AM »
At least if I lived in the central states I could see maybe having a chance at a roadtrip. But I hate always being told I have no choice but to spend $1000 on an airline ticket to get to everything.

Try being in Oklahoma.

Why do you think 99% of my contact with other creatures that aren't my housemates or my parrots comes from CoH?

I don't even want to think about how lonely it's going to be....
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 10:48:15 AM »
Try being in Oklahoma.

Why do you think 99% of my contact with other creatures that aren't my housemates or my parrots comes from CoH?

I'm a stay at home mom,  other than my husband, COH has been the only other meaningful contact of people over the age of *insert current age of my oldest here* for literally years.  When my son was an infant and I was pretty much chair bound with him, a boppy pillow and CoH was what kept me sane. 

I know how you feel.  Once this game is gone, the silence in my life will be deafening as well. :(

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »

Bad come to worse, I could introduce you to my SGmates. We're all creative types, and we plan on staying in touch. =^.^=
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 01:41:36 PM »
Try being in Oklahoma.

I always thought it was the drag-racing elves.

You have NO idea how TERRIBLY disillusioned I am now!

;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:04:49 PM by Hyperstrike »

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 02:38:10 PM »
Try being in Oklahoma.

You can always look me up, VV. :)
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 02:56:53 PM »
Buca di Beppo?  Hmm looked them up on the net... 2 of em within 20 miles of Columbus, Ohio.

Gonna have to take the family there this weekend!  (My twin daughters hit 25 Today!)

Must be good stuff, from the recommendations I've been reading about online.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 02:59:02 PM »
Buca di Beppo?  Hmm looked them up on the net... 2 of em within 20 miles of Columbus, Ohio.

Gonna have to take the family there this weekend!  (My twin daughters hit 25 Today!)

Must be good stuff, from the recommendations I've been reading about online.

Double ding! Congrats to you and your daughters!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 12:37:51 AM »
Try being in Oklahoma.

Not enough people, or the people are too weird? My wife and I are pretty much circumstantial recluses either way, because the 'status quo' is just too alien for us. And on top of that, Celiac disease for both of us, which is in pretty much every food produced by public places, and most of the manufactured stuff. And since 99% of all human gatherings manage to center themselves around food, we automatically seem like standoffish phobics when we have to refuse everything. And taking a daytime road trip takes just as much preparation as a camping trip in the middle of nowhere, in that... if we don't bring it with us, very good chance we won't find anything to eat. But CoH? I can eat my weight in Never-food at Pocket D and not have to worry about a thing.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 05:10:51 PM »
I always thought it was the drag-racing elves.

OK, seriously!  Stop with the cool ideas!  I'm trying to prep for NaNo!  :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."