Author Topic: Light A Fire: SCIENCE!  (Read 8338 times)

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Re: Light A Fire: SCIENCE!
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2012, 11:57:52 PM »
Seriously one problem that people doing their PhD have is finding a subject to do original research on that is just that--original--and isn't going to cost an arm and a leg to implement.

One thing that people who are already working PhDs have (generally those who are also teaching in universities) is finding a subject to do original research on that is going to be able to generate a grant from SOMEONE and isn't going to cost an arm and a leg to implement.

Psychology, sociology, neurophysiology, even neurochemistry to an extent could ALL find something in what I have proposed for research studies.  I just don't have the connections, nor am I an "interested party," which is why I am asking you (who do, or are) to go out there and find these people and suggest it to them.

Well, I've got a very close friend working on his doctorate in IO psych. He's going to see what he can dig up for people working on those kinds of studies.
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
Re: Light A Fire: SCIENCE!
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2012, 03:16:27 PM »
General reasons:
City of Heroes offers an incredible creative outlet, with the immensely powerful Character Creator as well as Mission Architect.
City of Heroes is an easy game to learn to play, accessible to younger children and non-gamers.
City of Heroes does not have the 'Holy Trinity', nor is City of Heroes the type of game where if you don't take a specific build you're gimped.
City of Heroes is very friendly to mixed team play, assorted levels, assorted skill levels, assorted archetypes.
City of Heroes Is fairly solo friendly with the right archetype and build.
City of Heroes is very casual player friendly.

A couple of instance specific reasons:
Autistic children or other developmental disabilities: City of Heroes is a very 'bright and shiny' game of superheroes. Young children tend to like bright shiny superheroes.
For those who deal with physical impairments: City of Heroes is a very easy game to play, and can even be played entirely 1 handed. It does not rely on the speed and dexterity of the player.
These are exactly the reasons I love this game over all others I've played. I suffer from severe RA. There are many days when I have only one functioning hand and/or not all of my digits. Can play this game with two fingers. It's more solo player friendly than all of the MMO's I've tried to play. Love to team play when my hands are working but, unfortunately, this is rare.
On COH/COV/COR, I can run, jump,and fly. Also, look darn good in spandex!
This game means a great deal to me! Am pondering doing the marathon. Not sure if I could hold out. Nice to think that I could. Am willing to do whatever to save this game. Helping others at the same time ,also, makes it even cooler!
Thanks everyone for all of your efforts! We will save our game!