Author Topic: Secret Project: Coders needed!  (Read 2415 times)

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
Secret Project: Coders needed!
« on: September 27, 2012, 05:27:53 AM »
Step 2 of my secret project involves a little elbow grease.

I need some volunteers:

I need a few coders.  I need to get a quick website going, which can handle a dynamic database with a functional UI.  Its Save COH related, but not in the 'hammer smash!' way but 'scalpel in the back' way.

Send me a PM here.

If you know someone, that works too. 

There might be some back end cash if I can get a crowd funding going as well... lets talk.
@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: Secret Project: Coders needed!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 05:39:06 AM »
I am intrigued...but possess not the required skills, nor know of anyone who does. Still, keep us posted. As much as you can. >.>
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 05:40:42 AM »
Aye, same here. I'm knowledgeable in web design, but not so much development. The most advanced database interaction I know how to do is xml/xsl, and it's been years since I've used it.

darkskye

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 05:48:08 AM »
What language?

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 06:32:06 AM »
Skills I have but it would have to happen either after the close or involving very little time.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 08:40:36 AM »
Maybe I could do it but I just can't give the time. You may have more volunteers if you got more specific in which skill you need, and the aim of the project.
Yeeessss....

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 01:17:55 PM »
What language do you use? I may be able to help if the language can be ansi-C, but I'm going to have a hard time with any higher-level languages.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »
I'm in the web program but so for all i've gotton done is the graphics part. Won't have the 1st coding class done till winter. I'll ask around campus though. I'm sure i cn find someone. You want html 5 and css3 or php or what?

darkskye

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 05:29:29 PM »
My experience (albeit skill is fading) is in Cold Fusion.

Flying Code Monkey

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 05:46:47 PM »
More details needed.  I'm good with C# and databases in general but not experienced with web development.  More to the point, day job.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 05:50:03 PM »
*shakes fist*

Must. Take. Moar. Computer classes.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 06:39:04 PM »
Coding. . .

Nope, nothing.

Computer troubleshooting? Yes.

Sorry. :/
- Omega Mk. V

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 06:56:30 PM »
I do computational intelligence (Neural networks, swarm intelligence, evolutionary algorithms, etc.), and am only marginal at coding. But I do wish you luck!

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 07:12:09 PM »
PM me with what you have in mind. I used to do web development until I decided most clients are morons and it wasn't worth the headache.

DamianoV

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 07:27:46 PM »
.NET developer (3.5/4.0), HTML savvy (not much HTML5 tho), VB and C# lately with some Java, and been working with databases since the DBase III+/Clipper/FoxBASE days (more recently Oracle 10, MySQL 5.0, and MS-SQL 2008).

Only problem is (as with many coders, I imagine), I have a day job and a pair of ongoing support contracts, as well as my volunteer work (mentor for robotics team at the local high school, report development for local non-profit clinic, etc).  I can help, but definitely need to keep the workload light (for my own sanity, if nothing else)

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 08:42:32 PM »
Computer science student here. Was away from COH for a couple months because of studies and my system crashing, and only found the news today (and this forum soon after).

As it happens, I've been spending a lot of time with web development recently. At the moment I don't have a very wide range of skills - but if a website coded in PHP and a MySQL database are good enough for you, I'm your man. I'm familiar with CSS enough to make the resulting website presentable, though it won't be too pretty.
UI design... varies. I do well enough with producing ones to pre-existing specs, though (as long as I know what you expect of the UI I'm fine)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 08:50:15 PM by The Fifth Horseman »
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.