Author Topic: Petition nearly 20k sigs  (Read 3026 times)

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
Petition nearly 20k sigs
« on: September 27, 2012, 11:24:55 AM »
Awesome news. Can I respectfully recommend a press release detailing this, and linking in the new fan vids once we hit the magic number, from the guys in charge of teh_mediaz?
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Nafaustu

• Boss
Re: Petition nearly 20k sigs
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 09:04:38 PM »
I'm at work and have some limited access, how close are we and did our community PR Spin Doctors start to spin to win?   Or has this actually are happened and i'm way behind again?

Knightward

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 09:06:56 PM »
As of this moment we're up to 19,996 signatures.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 09:14:32 PM »
19,997!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Technerdoc

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 09:23:08 PM »
To bad that this dosn't have any effect, but good to see that this game is still importent for so many people.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 09:29:13 PM »
Yep. Totally no effect. That's why people are psyched as it climbs. Petitions never influence anybody or anything.

I'm sure that NCSoft doesn't pay much attention to it, but they likely still note its existence. And it, more importantly, draws attention of a wider audience when it gets this many people.

As an off note, too: At 20,000 signatories, it would take an average donation of $500 per person to raise the $10 million that's been bandied about as a possible price tag for the whole of the IP and its associated properties. A bit much to expect, honestly, but even a tenth of that is way more than a "drop in the bucket" should shortage of cash prove to be a deciding factor.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 09:31:27 PM »
To bad that this dosn't have any effect, but good to see that this game is still importent for so many people.
I disagree.  It's not going to save the game on its own, but 20,000 signatures is a newsworthy number.  Not only that, but it helps keep people's spirits up.  That is certainly important.  What's more, 20k signatures gives as a very easy-to-use "here, this is why #SaveCoH matters, this is how many people care", etc.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 09:35:16 PM »
That is the effect. It's not about actually affecting the situation, it's about giving us a unifying, rallying cry where we can raise up with one voice, in one place.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 09:44:13 PM »
As a California fourth grade teacher, I can tell you that 20,000 is approximately the size of the "boom" that San Francisco experienced because of the 1849 Gold Rush (from 5,000 to about 25,000 in a few short months).

My point: it definitely makes a statement. :)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 09:45:01 PM »
19,999!!!

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 09:46:13 PM »
20,000 :O!

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 09:46:50 PM »
As a California fourth grade teacher, I can tell you that 20,000 is approximately the size of the "boom" that San Francisco experienced because of the 1849 Gold Rush (from 5,000 to about 25,000 in a few short months).

My point: it definitely makes a statement. :)
History reference!  Yea!

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 09:47:28 PM »
....WE DID IT! WHOO HOOOOOOOOOO! TWENTY. THOUSAND. SIGNATURES.

Now let's REALLY get the word out and hit THIRTY. Come on guys, we can do it!

TheBeatnik

• Minion
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 09:50:11 PM »
20, 000!

Extraordinary! Incredible!

But let's not stop here. I'm fired up and ready to try for 50,000.

Seriously, great news, and a huge tip of the Beatnik beret to all of you who've helped make this happen.

The Beatnik,
home from a generally awful day at work, but heartened to have the day redeemed by this good news.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 09:56:13 PM »
I. Can't. Resist.

It's over 20,000!!!

Awesome job community (and that extends to those who don't play the game)!
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 10:24:11 PM »
Well said, Teege. A large number of those signatures AREN'T players. They're our friends, family, and fellow gamers who may not appreciate CoH, but recognize it for what it is. Our home.

We are all fighting for our home here, tooth and nail. We give not an inch, and every bit they give, we push for more. It is a far more difficult thing to raise your voice for someone else's home, and many who signed the petition have done just that. I offer my humble thanks for that support, and vow that by $deity, this fight is NOT OVER.

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 10:54:58 PM »
Time to reach for the next rung...

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 10:59:56 PM »
Time to reach for the next rung...

Darn. Skippy. Put your game faces on, boys and girls. We're just getting started.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 11:06:09 PM »
I FINALLY saw a "contact the editors" sidebar section on Care2 (which hosts these petitions) about "Do you want to blog" and I put in a request to blog about the shutdown (using the slant that CoH is an evolving work of art, a support network and a tool for game therapy, and NCSoft should not be allowed to slam it shut, but should sell it to interested parties who would support it).  Dunno if they'll bite, but I've seen stupider stories on Care2.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

ObsidianPhoenix76

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 11:07:45 PM »
Darn. Skippy. Put your game faces on, boys and girls. We're just getting started.

Got my game face on.  But Drake, yours is scaring the kids...   :P