Author Topic: One letter sent to COHSunset@NCSoft.com  (Read 14990 times)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: One letter sent to COHSunset@NCSoft.com
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 11:18:25 PM »
Brilliant, EClark.  Brilliant.

The lady said it best, mate.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

CharybdisClan

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 11:27:46 PM »
Woo hoo! Another fine idea brought to you by the goofballs on the Guardian server. LOVE that one of our own got this great idea and it was reported to Massively.

I love my community, but I love my server goofballs a little more. :D
CharybdisClan or TheCharybdis of Guardian Server. I lick things. Servers, mainly.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 11:32:10 PM »
Well, since we've been put on the spot... I fired off a quick e-mail. I'll look in to the flower thing. If you're curious, Wikipedia says that a mayflower symbolizes "welcome," while a yellow rose could mean "dying love," "intense emotion," "extreme betrayal," or "friendship."

That's all in the British tradition, of course. I have no idea if Korea has standarized floral symbols.

Edit: Now with 100% more functional link goodness!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:41:03 PM by Vulpy »
@Vulpy
Protector Server

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 11:37:04 PM »
Is now a good time to push my Unity Rally Part 2: Party like it's 11/29 idea? (see 'An Ambitious Idea' posting)

;D

(I hope to $diety that no one realizes how smart I really am. Might lose my position as full time slacker and come up with stuff like this all the time)

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:49:10 PM by EClark »

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 11:55:42 PM »
Is now a good time to push my Unity Rally Part 2: Party like it's 11/29 idea? (see 'An Ambitious Idea' posting)

I don't see that it could possibly hurt. Hey knock yourself out!

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 12:08:47 AM »
I don't see that it could possibly hurt. Hey knock yourself out!

Depends on how long you dance without taking a break...

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 09:06:42 PM »
My Proposal:
Okay, I have been thinking after reading about the CoH refunds, and letting my own brain chew on this whole situation. This is what it spat out.
I don't want a refund. I want my game back, with all you goofy, zany creative people in it. I want my game back, period.
AP 33 showed I am not alone in this feeling, and other events have shown me that as a community we can move mountains if needed.
We need something really huge, and an idea hit.... a street dance.
Hear me out, a street dance in EVERY Atlas Park in EVERY server in this game. This game transcends one server, and so should the events. Imagine every server spawning multiple AP's with heroes dancing and showing support of the game we love. We have the entertainment in streaming radio stations already in place like The Cape and AFKRadio, we have the servers and we have the people. Lets pack the servers! Show NCSoft what Heroes can do. Maybe it's an impossible feat, but no one thought we could spawn 33 Atlas Parks in Virtue, either.
Now I ask, are you all ready to make some real  noise?

This may seem like a redux of Tony V's idea, and it is, but larger. Yes people are dropping out, but a whole group of people were not heard due to status, no toons made, what have you... this is a day long event. I have spoken to BLU of AFKRadio.com and he and WB are ready and willing to stream music for the day long event, and set up music longer if need be. I am not delusional in thinking this is going to change anyone's mind. I just want to give the disheartened a shot in the arm. BLU and I did this on a smaller scale on Guardian one evening... we created two aspects of Pocket D. after only a week of advertising. Multiple aspects AP on Multiple Servers, all dancing to a choice of streaming music and supporting CoH. I think it is just the thing we need to show we aren't wavering, not faltering, and that we have not given up hope.

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »
When I was getting ready for my in-class "invasion" of Paragon, I made two free accounts (one to learn the process, and one to walk my students through it). I could easily send her one of those to use. :)

Heck, I'd volunteer my secondary account for this if she wants to do it. And it's a Premium account with a decent amount of vet rewards.
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 11:55:47 AM »
Okay, Curiosity Question..... any more invitations go out?
How about the 'Flower Power' campaign sending bouquets to the wives?
(a variation of the Nature Affinity power?)

In short, are they getting the invites, and what is their response?

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 09:06:45 AM »
Anyone.....?