Author Topic: To lighten the mood in the City  (Read 1529 times)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
To lighten the mood in the City
« on: September 27, 2012, 05:23:34 PM »
The last few days I have seen people often wandering like a zombie through the City.

I am now going to propose a solution.

Let's make a call to Action in the game to remember the fun we can have. I have moved my craziest toons to Virtue and so you will be seeing my characters like:

Spike the Guppy
Moo Jooz
Bullzebub

I will be playing with fun and enjoyment over actually blitzing for levels or grinding out merits. I didn't fall in love with the game due to being able to get X levels in x hours. I fell in love because of the FUN. I am going to start making a special effort to have as much fun as possible and lighten the mood in the City. So I invite you all to join me in bringing out your most fun ideas and show you are not daunted by doom and gloom.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: To lighten the mood in the City
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 05:30:43 PM »
The last few days I have seen people often wandering like a zombie through the City.

I am now going to propose a solution.

Let's make a call to Action in the game to remember the fun we can have. I have moved my craziest toons to Virtue and so you will be seeing my characters like:

Spike the Guppy
Moo Jooz
Bullzebub

I will be playing with fun and enjoyment over actually blitzing for levels or grinding out merits. I didn't fall in love with the game due to being able to get X levels in x hours. I fell in love because of the FUN. I am going to start making a special effort to have as much fun as possible and lighten the mood in the City. So I invite you all to join me in bringing out your most fun ideas and show you are not daunted by doom and gloom.

My name is Hawthorne Grimm, and I approve this message.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Blacjac84

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »
Hmmmmm....

*considers playing Boom Boom Bazooms...*

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 05:41:17 PM »
Another great idea. Gather some friends (make new ones too!) and just have FUN! Don't think about the end of November, don't worry about levels, just go around and enjoy the game.

Look for me on Virtue... I'll bring out "Game Show" and provide some laughs. He's straight out of the 70's (just look at his suit!), hosting a game show on Paragon TV and will often ramble on about contestants, his Dodge Dart, and his various divorces. See you on the streets!

@Teege
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Flying Code Monkey

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 05:43:27 PM »
I've rarely ever had more than two alts under construction at any one time, so honestly the only mechanical difference between me playing now versus me playing a month ago is that everything gets recorded, via demo and via fraps, for the archive.  Well, that and I lead more trials personally, since many of Liberty's established trial leaders got all depressed and mopey.

The game itself isn't less fun because of the grim news.  Assuming it ends on schedule, I'm determined to make the most of what remains.  If City finds a way to continue after the NCSoft closure, then I get to keep playing AND I have a vast archive of footage.  Win-win.

PartyKake

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 07:35:25 PM »
Doesn't help that I'm on Victory and a villain and thus the whole server's a ghost town. :P
Perhaps someday soon I'll be able to finally get the badges for the mayhem missions I missed while leveling, so that I can get that Accolade.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 07:38:15 PM »
You know let me know when you play and I can make a new Spike the Guppy villain there.

I usually am on 5:30am - 7am EST Mon-Fri and evenings 9pm - 11pm most nights

I am @iron global in game.

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 07:50:23 PM »
I moved Living Sewage to Virtue for the Unity Rally - I'll see if I can dig him out again sometime :)