Author Topic: Future News Coverage: The Long Haul  (Read 2094 times)

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
Future News Coverage: The Long Haul
« on: September 27, 2012, 09:03:05 PM »
So, I know pretty much everyone is trying their hardest to get this covered as widely as possible.  Anyway, I'd like to remind everyone that it's Presidential Election season right now.  And I'm pretty sure that's the main reason we haven't exploded into mainstream coverage yet, the election is draining pretty much all mainstream coverage towards it.

Anyway, if the game isn't saved by then, the US election is going to be held on November 6th, and election coverage will start winding down. Then there will be more openings for other stories, like ours.  So we have to make sure to keep things going.  If it's not resolved by then, the chances of this exploding into a major story will increase dramatically. 

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: Future News Coverage: The Long Haul
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 09:06:06 PM »
So, I know pretty much everyone is trying their hardest to get this covered as widely as possible.  Anyway, I'd like to remind everyone that it's Presidential Election season right now.  And I'm pretty sure that's the main reason we haven't exploded into mainstream coverage yet, the election is draining pretty much all mainstream coverage towards it.

Anyway, if the game isn't saved by then, the US election is going to be held on November 6th, and election coverage will start winding down. Then there will be more openings for other stories, like ours.  So we have to make sure to keep things going.  If it's not resolved by then, the chances of this exploding into a major story will increase dramatically.

+1 for Truth.

STAY AT THOSE EMPLACEMENTS, TROOPS! This war is far from over, and I damned well intend to win it.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 09:59:06 PM »
*Straps on new helmet colored to match the rest of the uniform*
F7!

frostcoh

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 10:19:17 PM »

this is of course, assuming there is no repeat of Florida 2000.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 10:25:17 PM »

Ssssssh! Don't let them hear you say that! D:
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 10:36:10 PM »

Assassin's Creed 2 tells me that Bush v. Gore was decided, ultimately, by the Templars. Not that I believe anything like that could possibly be true.

Hold on. Someone just pulled up outside in a white van. I better go see what they want.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 10:38:27 PM »
Ugh. And the worst part is, I can see the signs that somebody will TRY to make a repeat of that. Numbers are adding up just wrong in various polls, there's a little too much frenetic eagerness to declare a definite winner. Let's hope that whoever wins does so with such a landslide that there's no legitimate way to claim voter fraud swung it meaningfully.

That way, the media will be looking for a good story to sink their teeth into. You know how starved they are for something to feed their 25/8 news cycle.

Tell the guys in the white van "hi," for me. Bob, the tall one, just had his oldest daughter's birthday!

Knightward

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 10:43:23 PM »
People will undoubtedly also be looking in other directions from all the big news politics.  There are plenty of people who have already been sick of politics for months now, any post-election drama will only add to their numbers.  So ultimately... be patient, be ready, and stay on target.

Sin Stalker

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 02:31:46 AM »

I would disagree. The mainstream isn't covering the Presidential Election. Just two candidates for the Presidential Election. :P

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 02:36:59 AM »
We can get bumps in the mainstream media as long as nothing happened that day, regardless of the election.

We can, at this point, probably always get bumps in the gaming media.  Stay the course, hands on the tiller, steady as she goes.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido