Author Topic: Idea: Heroes, put on your cowl!  (Read 1109 times)

Graphite

• Lieutenant
Idea: Heroes, put on your cowl!
« on: September 28, 2012, 11:27:57 PM »
Do you want to support Save Our City of Heroes and yet want to also be playing instead of standing around in Atlas since these might be our final days?  Well here is idea so that people could do both.  Regardless of if your charcter wears a cape, I feel its time we ALL put on our cowls and fight to good fight, metaphorically AND physically.

First a little background for the new folks.  Originally, when coh first came out no one had capes.  Thats right, no body.  The devs felt their costume technology for capes hadn't been prefected so the option wasn't even available until Issue 2.  It was explained that since Hero 1 had died during the Rikti War, everyone, included Statesman, stopped wearing one out of respect to those who had fallen.

So this got me thinking... not everyone has access to the Statesman masked, but its really easy to unlock a cape.  So if EVERYONE started wearing one, that would have quite the social media impact.  We could "roleplay" it as paying our final respecs to Statesman, since he was famous for his cape as well.  But just imagine the visual impact if thousands of players were wearing a cape, regardless of if their costume were street clothes or a buisness suit or something else entirely other than spandex as a sign of soldaridity for the Save our City of Heroes movement.

My signature charcter hasn't even unlocked capes yet.  It was a fun little thing for me to do since I had done it on other characters and it would have really clashed with the outfit.  But the first thing I think do I'll upon logging into the game is earn mine out of respect and to remain standing with my fellow players as I also try to enjoy these last few days.  Who will join me?

The Future is NEVER Set in Stone,
Graphite