Author Topic: The End Of days  (Read 1741 times)

FoxTrot21

• Underling
The End Of days
« on: September 28, 2012, 11:49:20 PM »
[EDIT: Accidental misinformation; pay no heed ~Agge]

Woe to us who are fans of CoH, woe to us who think Cryptic was an awesome company, Woe to us that think Perfect World should suck its own car fumes and die!

Why do I say Woe to us?

Just found out that Paragon studios ((Not the low level guys the driving force of COH)) was bought up by cryptic, which in turn was already owned by perfect world....

Perfect world destroys games....

Also I know I hate being the suth sayer but this can't be unnoticed.

I'm dying on the inside with each character I type.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 03:49:47 AM by Aggelakis »

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: The End Of days
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 11:52:05 PM »
You seem to have inflated the words "Cryptic has hired some of the laid-off Paragon Studios programmers and devs" into "Cryptic has bought Paragon Studios."

I'd like to see the actual source of your statement.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 11:52:29 PM »
Would you please provide a link to a site where I might read more detailed information?

Thank you.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 11:53:51 PM »
...one post, and it's this one. A negativity-inducing post meant to inspire fear and sow discord, without any proof of backing. Nothing to see here, folks, move along.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 11:55:26 PM »
Just FYI, a Google on "Cryptic buys Paragon Studios" pulls up NOTHING of interest.

No, Chicken Little, the sky is not falling.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 11:58:29 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure if you are either misinterpreting something you read somewhere else or if you're the last person in a game of telephone (...seriously?  I certainly never heard it called it by that name as a kid...), but the only news any of us have seen stated that some (we have no idea how many) of the Paragon Studios developers were hired to work on Star Trek Online.  Statements from the dinner at Buca di Bepo a couple of nights ago would seem to contradict your impression, as well.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

FoxTrot21

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 12:10:49 AM »
Okay, SOOOO I did some fact checking, and yes I Misread some things, and it didn't help I was first tolda bout this from someone else. I feel like a retard, and wish to appologize,

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 12:16:54 AM »
Okay, SOOOO I did some fact checking, and yes I Misread some things, and it didn't help I was first tolda bout this from someone else. I feel like a retard, and wish to appologize,

No worries, it sounds like you found the post that other folks are referring to.  I'm going to lock the thread because I don't want this rumor getting legs.  Some former Paragon staffers got hired by Cryptic.  That's not surprising, since I know that some Paragon Studios people have kept in touch with their Cryptic colleagues over the years.  For what it's worth though, I have a pretty good idea of how many were hired on, and it is an extremely underwhelming number--definitely not panic-worthy.  To those that did get hired on by Cryptic, I wish them nothing but the best of luck (and no, I'm not being facetious); a lot of really cool and talented people work there.  And hey!  Food on the table!