Author Topic: Idea: Villians, put on your trenchcoats!  (Read 1460 times)

Graphite

• Lieutenant
Idea: Villians, put on your trenchcoats!
« on: September 29, 2012, 12:03:04 AM »
I want to start that this is a side idea to my suggestion that everyone should wear a cape in game as a visual sign of support for Save Our City of Heroes.

It sees to me that villians have a slightly different MO than that of heroes in trying to keep City of Heroes alive.  Frankly I like the nuance.  You're villians.  You don't like being told what to do and if some *dirty* exec over at NCSoft thinks he can ruin your fun, he has another thing coming to him.  Or perhaps you don't like the idea of wearing a cape.  It doesn't suit your style.  In addition it's also already ingame slang for the other side of the house.

And besides, trenchcoats are so much more villianous.

Even the guy who killed Statesman, Darrin Wade, wore a trenchcoat.  Perhaps you would rather support *him* than that goodie two shoe States.  Fine by me, which is why as an alternative to wearing a cape, or as an alternative for our villian community, I also suggest wearing a trenchcoat as a visual symbol of your support of Save our City of Heroes.  Besides, we are all curious to see where the story involving Darrin and the Phallanx would have gone if *someone* wasn't trying to shut us down.

My point between these two posts also is that I strongly feel we need a powerful in game symbol for our movement.  The /em holdtorch, is absolutely wonderful.  And I love it for while chatting with folks over global, the internet, etc but it doesn't quite have the same effect as a uniform and doesn't work as a sign during marches or if we are trying to relax by playing the game we so dearly love.

Just some food for thought.

The Future is NEVER Set in Stone,
Graphite

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
Re: Idea: Villians, put on your trenchcoats!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 12:18:49 AM »
I like this idea. My main redsider's main costume has a trenchcoat. :D

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 02:11:25 AM »
Even the guy who killed Statesman, Darrin Wade

Weeellll now, did he? Or did a PC? I direct your attention to This link.

Yes, Wade did it in the signature story arc, but notice who also died in said arc - and who's doing the talking in this task force! ;)

My villain wears a lab coat. ;)

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 02:22:19 PM »
Should the capes/trenchcoats have a specific design or color? It seems to me that if everyone was wearing the same kind of cape, that it would be more noticable and leave a bigger impact.
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

Graphite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 05:32:52 PM »
For villians, I suggest black or perhaps red.
For heroes, I suggest blue or perhaps red.

Black is a good villianous color.
Red is the ingame color of cov.
Red is also the color of State's cape.
Blue is the ingame color of coh.

Isn't there a basic star pattern on capes?
Going with a blue cape and white star would feel very Paragon Studios and Statesmanesc.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 08:45:38 PM »
For villians, I suggest black or perhaps red.
For heroes, I suggest blue or perhaps red.

Black is a good villianous color.
Red is the ingame color of cov.
Red is also the color of State's cape.
Blue is the ingame color of coh.

Isn't there a basic star pattern on capes?
Going with a blue cape and white star would feel very Paragon Studios and Statesmanesc.

Please don't do this. My brain is still trying to put music to it!   :P

By "trenchcoat," are we talking the male costume piece that looks like a waistcoat with a buttcape? I'll do the more recent one, but, if we're looking for uniformity, I'd have to go over to hero side.  :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."