Author Topic: Your own "Call to Action" idea  (Read 1924 times)

Teege

• Boss
Your own "Call to Action" idea
« on: September 29, 2012, 03:49:01 AM »
I've always wanted to plan a Meet & Greet for the Midwest (because it's close for me and half way for those East and West coast folks) where us CoHers can get together, play the game, share some laughs and have all sorts of fun however, with the fate of the game as it is, such an event isn't feasible at the time.

Here's my idea for your own local Call to Action: Post what state you live in (for safety reasons you do not need to list the city, but perhaps general area if it fits in your comfort level) and get to know your fellow heroes on the forums here and plan out a little local meet and greet. It'd give you a chance to make new friends, play some games and more importantly, give you a chance to brainstorm ways to help Save our City! You could research local game shops, comic shops, etc and see if they'd be willing to allow you to place Save CoH posters and/or information cards as well as maybe pitching in to purchase bumper stickers or something which you could hand out to people interested in the cause. Find bulletin boards out in the community that allow people to hang advertisements, lost cat posters, etc and tack up a nice color Save CoH poster. Really you could do almost anything. At the least, you could form stronger bonds with those who share your passion.

I've been up since 6am so I don't know how well this looks on the outside but I'd totally get in on something like this (*hint hint* any other Minnesota heroes here? I know of DrakeGrimm and myself). So run with it folks! Save our city... it's what we do, after all.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: Your own "Call to Action" idea
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 03:51:30 AM »
Some kind of gathering at the Mall of America would be good for some of us. It's centrally located in MN, nice and public, tons of public transit options to get there...

AND OF COURSE it being fifteen minutes from where I leave has NOTHING to do with this suggestion. *shifty eyes*
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 03:59:01 AM »
Ohio.  Cleveland area.

(Maybe we should all meet up at C2E2 some time.  I know some people from WI that I play other games with that go every year.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

ObsidianPhoenix76

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 04:03:06 AM »
Some kind of gathering at the Mall of America would be good for some of us. It's centrally located in MN, nice and public, tons of public transit options to get there...

:o

Holy crap.  I just moved from the Twin Cities to SW MN......

AND OF COURSE it being fifteen minutes from where I leave has NOTHING to do with this suggestion. *shifty eyes*

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 04:23:54 AM »
...given some private conversations we've had, Obsidian, I find that fact very interesting.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 04:31:19 AM »
Cog Con is a gaming convention that the Missouri University of Science and Technology (formerly University of Missouri at Rolla)'s Gaming Association puts on every year. This year's is Oct. 19-21. Rolla, Missouri is about halfway between Springfield, MO and St. Louis. It is mostly about tabletop gaming, but they have had LAN capability in the past, and if people are interested, I know the people who run it and can ask that they put some Mutants and Masterminds stuff up as available or the like. Look at the site, see if there's anything already of interest...if you're in the midwest and free that weekend, making it a CoH hangout could be fun. Sadly, I am now living 10 hours away and don't have time off to spare for it, or I'd probably try to go, myself, just to visit old friends.

Anyway, thought I'd offer it to people if they wanted to use it as a gathering point. I know the Cog Con organizers would be pleasantly surprised to have an impromptu CoH-fan gathering show up to share the fun with them.

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 04:36:58 AM »
Tucson Comic Con is early November, a bit late in the game I know.. but if any AZ people will be there, I wouldn't mind at least meeting a few of ya ;)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 04:52:46 AM »
There's a ton of CoHers in Seattle/burbs, I know that for sure
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Tanglefoe

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 05:40:41 AM »
Any chance there's other players in southern Indiana?