Author Topic: Has anyone else gotten this?  (Read 4769 times)

jensen010

• Underling
Re: Has anyone else gotten this?
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 09:41:56 AM »
...one little vaguely termed email and our will buckles?

* DrakeGrimm snorts.

STAND TALL, HEROES!

Well, i didnt say that  :)

i just thought it was kind of weird, but then again the handling of this whole thing is weird so my overall reaction is.....

meh

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 02:08:13 PM »
I hate to say it, but I don't think this is just a new notification of old news. Note the references to in-game closing events - this sounds almost like a 're-set' of the closing the way everyone thought it should be done. I'm honestly a bit worried this means they really lost the bargain. Maybe someone can get a quick confirmation that discussions are still ongoing? That much they should still be able to tell us.
No, this has to happen even if City is saved. NCsoft isn't going to continue this product. They have to shut down their servers, they have to close their version of the game. Period. This is just an email saying as much. It doesn't contain any new news. Hit Streak posted the closure events several days ago on the forums (and I think the main website).
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Olantern

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 04:08:37 PM »
Further, I believe the text is exactly the same as the initial closing announcement posted back on August 31, 2012.  This isn't anything new, in any sense.

I haven't gotten the e-mail.  I never get e-mails about anything CoH-related except for things like "you submitted a Help request" and "you applied a code to your account."  I haven't for over three years now, and I have no idea why.  I've checked all the settings on all the websites that control this sort of thing, too.  I know I'm not the only one like this.

tl; dr: Don't read anything in particular into this.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 05:11:46 PM »
Olantern, I never get anything more than what you get, but I also got this, yesterday. I think that may lend some credence to the "blocks" theory.

As to the type of blocks, I'm going to go with LEGO. I hate LEGOs, because I always ever seem to find them in the dark with the bottom of my feet.  :D
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »
I have yet to receive this email too. The last communication I had from NCSoft regarding CoH was for the launch of Nature Affinity on 22nd August (with the exception of some costume codes notifications).

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 10:19:11 PM »
The only subtext to read from this is that it took that long for the NCSoft PR department to dress up the text in a pretty email to send out.

Which, frankly, is not too surprising given what we've seen out of them before.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 12:24:49 PM »
I haven't had it yet, either. Come to think of it, I /never/ get any emails about COH. *shakes fist*
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 12:40:05 PM »
My SECONDARY account got the e-mail, still waiting on it on my primary.

So not happy, I forwarded it to all the e-mail addresses that I have for NCSoft with a nice little response... OK, maybe not so nice.

voodoogirl

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 01:54:50 PM »
I received it. My coworkers will distinctly remember me hissing at my phone the moment I got it.