Author Topic: The unicorn invasion has begun on the official forums  (Read 9578 times)

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: The unicorn invasion has begun on the official forums
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 03:39:45 AM »
...and what else floats?
Bread! Apples! Very small rocks!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 03:40:57 AM »
Cider! Great gravy! Cherries!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 03:42:05 AM »
Bread! Apples! Very small rocks!

Giant turtles!  Poltiicians!
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 03:42:47 AM »
Churches! Lead!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 03:43:16 AM »
A DUCK.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 03:46:12 AM »
LOL

All right, this thread has now gotten seriously off-topic!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 04:14:04 AM »
I feel bad for the posters who are trying to maintain a sense of community on the official forums. I fail to see how being a complete douche to strangers who are sad...feel better about one's self. I deal with murderers and rapists all day long and the bad part is they show more empathy than some of the posters currently on the official forums.

Oh well... I believe in Karma :) :)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 04:21:22 AM »
Personally, I never went to the official forum unless I was having a specific issue.  Mostly, I had trouble navigating, if I was just browsing.  I still have to try a couple of times before I find the threads that the Devs posted to say goodbye. At the moment, there's more useful and, frankly, promising, information here, and it's easier to find.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 09:05:45 AM »
"There are green alligators and long-necked geese
Some humpty backed camels and some chimpanzees
Tony cried, "Close the door because the rain is falling
And we just can't be bothered with no unicorns"

*sung to the Irish Rover's tune made so famous*

Osborn

• Boss
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 10:24:48 AM »
I feel bad for the posters who are trying to maintain a sense of community on the official forums. I fail to see how being a complete douche to strangers who are sad...feel better about one's self. I deal with murderers and rapists all day long and the bad part is they show more empathy than some of the posters currently on the official forums.

Oh well... I believe in Karma :) :)

That's part and parcel of being anonymous online. It has its benefits, but 'unicorns' is one of its down sides.

It's off topic, but is anybody else amused by the idea of Unicorns invading a board? I mean.. wait I guess that's basically Bronies, isn't it?

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »
It's off topic, but is anybody else amused by the idea of Unicorns invading a board? I mean.. wait I guess that's basically Bronies, isn't it?
When I first saw the topic of this thread, my gut expectation (which I swiftly dismissed) was that it would involve Legend of the Five Rings and some reference to prodigals returning.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 02:05:58 PM »
I don't think that what we're doing is unimportant, honestly. I know that.. you know. It's not world peace, or curing cancer, but it is important to us.

We're a community with a population the size of Spain and we're going to be wiped off the map. Like any other community, there's people we don't get on with, or don't agree with, but.. you know...

I get annoyed at my neighbour's dog because he barks constantly at stupid 'oclock, but it doesn't mean I'd want my neighbour, his dog, or his house wiped off the face of the universe. I don't feel bad about fighting to save COH, or the energy I've put into it. You only need to dip into the Testimonial thread to see what this game and the community means to people. That's not to say it's not the same for other MMOs, but.. it does matter to people.

Whether it matters because of what they're getting out of the game - the people they've met, the friends they've made, or because they've poured hours of their life and creativity into something, or because they think it's ridiculous that a game that appeared to be in profit could be closed down and 80 people losing their jobs for no good reason.. or whether it's because the wider community are rebelling against the way that MMO publishers treat their customer base, and urging them to work with the customers they've spent time and effort trying to reel into their product, only to decide that actually, they don't want our customer after all, but thanks for all the time and money you've given us. See ya.

I can understand that some people feel like they can't support us, and I can understand why they think there are bigger things in the world that deserve our attention, and sure there are.

But of the things that are going to have a huge impact on my personal life, losing a place where 90% of my social life and 50% of my spare time goes ranks pretty highly up there.  The game matters to me, the stories and friendships I've created through this game matter to me, and the way that NC Soft have treated their staff and customers matters to me. I believe my friends matter, I believe the people the game has helped (I mean, sheesh, look at SithRose's story) matter and I believe the way that NC Soft treated the staff at Paragon Studios was terrible. I absolutely believe that MMO publishers shouldn't treat their customers as disposable, and I believe that if you invest time and money into their product, they shouldn't then pull that away from you, but work with the people who stayed with them, who weren't distracted by new shiny games and stayed loyal to them, their product and their universe and not punish them for doing so.

I can't really speak about American politics, because.. well, English..but that's how I see it. I'm fighting for this, because..it's something I believe in. Because the closure of CoH will hurt me, and it will hurt my friends, and it hurt the developers, and it will hurt the many wonderful people I've met as part of the 'Save' campaign, and because I think they deserve better than that.

If that makes people look down on me, I don't really care :-p
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »
I don't think that what we're doing is unimportant, honestly. I know that.. you know. It's not world peace, or curing cancer, but it is important to us.

I can understand that some people feel like they can't support us, and I can understand why they think there are bigger things in the world that deserve our attention, and sure there are.

Giving a teddy bear to an orphan who has rarely gotten anything in years isn't earth shatteringly important to the guy living 3000 miles away either. But, it sure was to that little girl.

If that makes people look down on me, I don't really care :-p
Never feel bad about fighting for the little girls gift of a teddy bear. :)

And, for what it's worth, I agree with you.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012, 04:14:09 PM »
"There are green alligators and long-necked geese
Some humpty backed camels and some chimpanzees
Tony cried, "Close the door because the rain is falling
And we just can't be bothered with no unicorns"

*sung to the Irish Rover's tune made so famous*

Do you mean the Irish rover or the wild rover, I can get it to scan to the latter but not the former (in the Irish rover the second line is a fair bit shorter than the first).

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 04:15:17 PM »
When I first saw the topic of this thread, my gut expectation (which I swiftly dismissed) was that it would involve Legend of the Five Rings and some reference to prodigals returning.

...which would have been awesome.   I have noticed the City of Heroes DOES have a strong L5R community.   I see Kakita and Shosuro and Isawa all the time.

Roninsedge

• Underling
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 05:09:49 PM »
My first toon was a Togashi

unladenswallow

• Lieutenant
  • "Are you suggesting Coconuts Migrate?"
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 05:11:26 PM »

GASP

Oh look at what we missed out on, Tim the Enchanter.
"The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." -Thomas Paine

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 06:14:44 PM »
Oh look at what we missed out on, Tim the Enchanter.

Yeah, I noticed that when it was too late. How dare they hold a witchburning and not invite us.  8)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 06:16:11 PM »
Yeah, I noticed that when it was too late. How dare they hold a witchburning and not invite us.  8)

Not my fault you were off causing random explosions in the country side.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV