Author Topic: Call To Action: The Community Media Project  (Read 22980 times)

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
Re: Call To Action: The Community Media Project
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2012, 07:20:56 AM »
I've also been recording a bunch of stuff with Fraps.  I made sure to get the sunrise over the Golden Giza.  One of my favorite places to just sit and watch the environment.  I also may have made my own CoH music video for my video editing class using Fraps. >.> <.<

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2012, 01:00:45 PM »
Please refer to the catalog to volunteer specific content.  http://bit.ly/VUiFOn

Another person should organize the storage situation, please, for multiple reasons.

While it can help to get a standard video format you should definitely get a demorecord too as the system has a number of interesting features in addition to a video.

Altoholic Monkey

• Lieutenant
    • Repeat Offenders Network - Making the stupidly difficult easy since 2005
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2012, 04:48:16 PM »
Well I checked out the spreadsheet and it took me about 3 times viewing it to notice the tabs at the bottom.  I'm posting about my stupidity because I might not be the only one.
So you may want to let folks know to check the other sheets at the bottom of the page...and this is coming from someone that works on spreadsheets daily and still didn't see the other sheets. ;D 

Cause I'm a blind goofball.

Also wasn't this thread a sticky?

epawtows

• Elite Boss
  • Mechanical Engineer
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2012, 10:45:51 PM »
And don't forget about the F2 trick in a demorecord, so you can fly your camera around independent of where the character is (although the only mobs that show up are ones within the character's range).

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2012, 04:40:21 PM »
I made this because it was always one of my favorite things to stand and watch in the Rogue Isles. Warning: video is very boring. I hope this is the right place for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCkN2RbDjIo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Also, I logged into a character who happened to be in Galaxy city. I did some demoreords (I think) if anyone needs that zone.

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2012, 02:18:14 AM »
Making progress but a lot required still.  Unfortunately my sticky requests got no response.  Which mod should I try to ask about stickying?

Please see the list of priorities at the moment, in order:

Tips, see list:

Paragon City (Vigilantes) any level
Rogue Islands (Vigilantes) any level
Paragon City (Rogues) low and medium the maximum levels are done
Rogue Islands (Rogue) low
Rogue Islands (Villain) any level though a lot of the mediums and maximums are done

Villain content:

Grandville
Partial Sharkhead

Praetoria:

Crusaders

Old School Hero:

Level 1 [requires alt with a contact prior to issue 21]
Level 5
Level 10
Level 15
Level 35
Level 40

Keiphy

• Underling
  • @Keiphy
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2012, 12:30:27 AM »
Ok, time for me to FINALLY post here - i've been recording everything i could, whenever i thought of it. So far, it's mostly trials, with no special attention to perspective. As far as demorecords go, i have everything but mag/lam badge runs at least once, in many cases five time or more with various chars. I also have at least one msr, multiple CoPs and various missions that are poorly labeled, some level 10-14 redside arcs mostly, i think, and some random blueside stuff. Lastly, i think i have two Sutter tfs and one Yin tf.
I also have several videos, but many are not encoded yet.
And i kind of lost track of what exactly i already have.

From a quick glance at that table, i think all trials as well as a msr are still missing? I couldn't find the CoP.

I think i have a few really old chars with really low levels that might be able to get some of the legacy arcs. I have no idea of their origin at the moment, i will have to check those later. I'd appreciate some pointers at what exactly they are needed for since it has been a while since i logged any of those in (those i'm thinking of have not been logged in in around three years).

By the way, how to share the videos? Right now, i have a mom on youtube, as well as in a torrent (with much better quality, but of course also far larger - around 650mbs for 18 mins)

Bovine Avenger

• Underling
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2012, 12:55:04 AM »
Hello all, Keiphy above me there pointed me towards this thread as saving content from City of Heroes; I've been doing a little recording for myself over the weeks, and uploaded a few to YouTube of the Winter Ski Slopes today. Let me know if you would like the original .AVI files...

Bunny Slope, Expert Slope (16 second run) HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYLEyFPIdJM&feature=g-upl

Slalom Course, Left Hand Paths (46 second run) HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kZA47wsJ_I&feature=g-upl

Slalom Course, Right Hand Paths (52 second run)  HD

I'm also in the process of uploading a long walkthrough of my Mission Architect arc, "Apocalyspe Cow". If that is of interest, I'll link tomorrow when it's finished (4 hours to go, sigh)

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2012, 05:53:03 AM »
Architects are welcome, especially if screens or dialogue are included so we could make any sense of the story.  Please understand video not in the demorecord format, while useful, would not support some features.  We can use them but I suggest getting demorecords too.

Bovine Avenger

• Underling
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2012, 02:57:03 PM »
Regarding Mission Architects, wouldn't it be easier to simply save as Local the file and then submit to you the text? ;)  It would contain all the details and be so much smaller than a demorecord... If that's acceptable, here's the text!

http://www.mediafire.com/?qh0djzalm347zxt

However the YouTube has also completed now, so a video walkthrough, which shows some of the bugs that crept in over the years too, can be seen here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTl21lTxB1k&feature=g-upl

I can upload the original files for all the above, and I can learn how to demorecord for the MA video if that would be useful too... however sadly the Winter Event is gone forever now, so video is all there can be be  :'(

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2012, 07:44:08 AM »
Of course, if you wrote them a text is a lot simpler!

xyvaz

• Underling
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2012, 04:56:10 PM »
Hey I know I don't have much in contributions, but I was wondering if I could be a consumer.  I've been looking for a demo record of Night Ward and I wasn't sure if I could get something like that from here.

I'd very much appreciate it,
Thanks,

Gata

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2012, 10:05:57 AM »
Yep.  Upthread Megajoule has given us "tours" of all the zones.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2012, 11:46:43 AM »
My son made one :) He wanted to rally the troops.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAKfNqt5J2o&feature=youtu.be

It's awesome!  I only just now saw this.  I can scarcely believe a 9 year old made it.  Well done!!!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »
Extraordinary talent.  Makes me miss the game all the more.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Quinch

The Costume Showcase project - looking for more demofiles
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2012, 05:10:05 PM »
And quite possibly render farming.

I slapped together a script that runs through my demofiles and extracts costume data. So far I've got around 1500+ unique costumes which I'm planning to gradually upload, but I'm thinking it might be best to pool our resources - a series of CoH costume showcase videos in batches of several hundreds.

Globetrotter

• Boss
  • I am a still Hero and This is what I do!
Re: The Costume Showcase project - looking for more demofiles
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2012, 08:05:28 PM »
And quite possibly render farming.

I slapped together a script that runs through my demofiles and extracts costume data. So far I've got around 1500+ unique costumes which I'm planning to gradually upload, but I'm thinking it might be best to pool our resources - a series of CoH costume showcase videos in batches of several hundreds.

I would help and offer what I have.
Gutta cavat lapidem, non vi, sed saepe cadendo.

Chaos Ex Machina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2012, 06:51:14 AM »
Hello and thank you volunteers!

I required a big detox after the closure but now I came to ask again if anybody may be available to organize the collecting phase?

There are various file storage services but I think the media archive should be a titan network site... depending if the sever can handle tens, possibly hundreds of GB!  Would it be feasible?