Author Topic: Devs will stream live on @TwitchTV this Wednesday at 10:30AM PDT  (Read 13812 times)

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Re: Devs will stream live on @TwitchTV this Wednesday at 10:30AM PDT
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2012, 02:32:24 AM »
I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but I don't think NCSoft had anything to do with Hit Streak resuming the Coffee Talks. There was a thread last week on the official forums where people were saying how much they missed the chats, and HS jumped on to do one for old time's sake. By the end of that one, he was saying he'd try to keep them going for the duration. No ulterior motives required. (If anything, I'd expect NCSoft to NOT want him holding the chats, since that's just another venue for us to air our grievances against them).
I wouldn't call that a conspiracy theory, just a theory.  Hitstreak, and other devs, have shown their appreciation for us time and time again.  They have an obvious reason to want to do the chats, and NCsoft has a pretty good reason not to want them.  I mean, they haven't exactly valued communication too dearly since the announcement....

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2012, 02:35:46 AM »
The worst thing I heard mentioned was a Warburg missile.

They don't hurt.

...much.

Maybe they meant the Biological missile. They're just trying to offer the execs a nice Regen buff.

hitstreak

« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2012, 03:26:01 AM »
FYI guys, I had yesterday's stream scheduled before I was even made aware of the PR. The stream is my own doing. I'm not under direct order from NCSOFT to do these.

And for those who missed today's stream, go here: http://www.twitch.tv/paragonstudios

Click on Videos and you'll find all of our streams archived.

Thanks,

Jessie

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2012, 03:41:40 AM »
And Hitstreak joins us.

Welcome to the barricade. I'll be playing Gavroche for the duration.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2012, 03:43:09 AM »
Thank you... and Im very saddened to see you guys go through this.. ive been through something similar (working at a place that just gets shut down all of a sudden and you working there while its shutting down) and its not easy

Quinch

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2012, 04:19:07 AM »
Click on Videos and you'll find all of our streams archived.

Quick note, as a couple of people in the game mentioned they can't see the TwitchTV videos, I took the liberty of uploading the stream to https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33551029/paragonstudios_City_of_Heroes_Freedom_on_live_user_paragonstudios_1349285364.flv

Use that as a last resort, though, I don't know how much Dropbox traffic I have left.

B_L_Angel

• Underling
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2012, 05:38:16 AM »
6 hour maintenance before it - interesting

I noticed higher than normal lag today. Is it possible they terminated some of the bandwidth/server resources that were allocated to us ?

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2012, 06:26:17 AM »
I noticed higher than normal lag today. Is it possible they terminated some of the bandwidth/server resources that were allocated to us ?
Economically, that would make sense.  And a six hour downtime is definitely suspicious given they didn't release an issue or anything (as if they would).

Being said, it still pisses me off.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2012, 06:32:08 AM »
And Hitstreak joins us.

Welcome to the barricade. I'll be playing Gavroche for the duration.

... empty bases, empty servers?

hitstreak

« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2012, 07:57:38 AM »
Happy to be here.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2012, 07:58:31 AM »
My goodness, we are all hardcore night owls, aren't we?  8)

And welcome to the front, Hit Streak!

Ultraviolets

« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2012, 01:20:43 PM »
Hi Hit Streak, thank you for taking the time to talk to us yesterday. Even if there isn't a whole lot that can be said, it's still nice to hear how things are going on the Paragon Studios side. Listening to everyone talk about favorite games and CoH memories never gets old either!

Thanks to you, your wife, and Posi for recommendations for things to do in San Jose for someone that might be moving there soon as well, Falafel Drive-In and the monopoly board will be on my list :)