Author Topic: Anyone Think We Could Get AP 34 This Saturday?  (Read 1775 times)

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
Anyone Think We Could Get AP 34 This Saturday?
« on: October 04, 2012, 09:40:18 AM »
I know it is foolish to shoot for such a goal...
And I don't know if we have lost so many people from logging in these days...
But if we made an official call for a unity rally... and even call for a rally to AP34... would that be a bad call to put expectations that high? Or might it inspire people to make it happen?

I just think that many people aren't seeing the impact we can still have.
Whether or not we succeed in forcing a sale of the game, the IP and/or the studio, we can still fight the good fight and stand up for what we believe.
The fact that we might fail has never stopped me from fighting for what I truly, sincerely believe in. That this community, this game and the members of Paragon Studio are 100% worth fighting for no matter the odds and no matter the results.

I'd very much like to show everyone right now that we're still ready to do this. That we don't accept NCSoft's words nor their actions. And that we are still handling ourselves with the dignity and respect that we started with.
And that the same methods have produced results and can continue to do so.
We need full support and full backing. And then we can make an official call to action. I'll gladly post it, but I just wanted to check with all of your thoughts and allow Tony the honor of saying his peace.
Just heading to bed right now after a late night's work and feel the need to show our unity.
I see all the new comers here on the Titan forums and I keep reading people feeling motivated. It seems like a time to strike. Let others know we're still here and even let each of us see it in action again.

What do you think, my friends?
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
Re: Anyone Think We Could Get AP 34 This Saturday?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 09:46:13 AM »
I replied to someone expressing the fight being over and explaining that we're only setting ourselves up for disappointment.
Here's my reply:

Disappointment happened the moment they made the first announcement.
 What we do from then on simply defines what we want and how much we're willing to do to attempt to influence things to make it happen.

Honestly, I'm not convinced that things are very different now than they were before their most recent announcement.
 So, on August 31st, they told us they were shutting it down.
 We rallied, we made noise, we spread the word, they gave us an email address and we continued and they publicly addressed our efforts and mentioned the selling of the game, the IP and the studio. While their mention included that they'd exhausted such efforts, I just think it is great that they made mention of what we were seeking in their public address.
 The things that they said don't really come off as fully believable (having a special place in their hearts for the company they sent packing with zero notice in the middle of all of this great work they'd done and had in store for us, shutting things down and preventing further account adjustments, preventing the developers from being able to do a proper sendout... and they say they want it to end on a "high note"? Hah! And then, after all of this, we're supposed to believe that efforts of good faith were made to sell and keep the team, the game and the community alive? After only a few weeks? What sort of efforts were made? Were any even at all? Or did they exhaust those possibilities before even making any attempts?).
 Now we have the doom criers out and the news outlets saying the same thing they said August 31st. It's done. It's over.
 We made them take notice and they responded.
 We'll continue to do what we're doing. We'll step it up in some ways and we will see if they take notice some more. And some more. And some more. Until we exhaust our efforts. There is still some time before all hope is lost for further Paragon members' involvement. That certainly is the huge loss here, zero question.
 However, we're not done yet. And there is still more we can get, below the best case scenario (regardless of who is or isn't interested in it).

No. I see things as being rather the same as before, but one big difference.
 We're stronger now.
 We managed to change the press coverage around to display what this community is about. And we managed to reach NCSoft and have them respond to us.
 We're going to do our best to reach them all again and we hope to change their minds. It may not work. We all knew this from day one.
 Never trying would result in failure anyway. We have nothing to lose, but our own integrity if we don't do what we feel we must.

You don't fail until you stop trying.
 Even beyond just this game, this dev team and this community, we have something to fight for.
 The fact that we don't think this was the right way to handle this situation.
 It's their prerogative to handle it the way they want and it is our prerogative to respond how we want. And, I can only speak for myself when I say that, I want to continue to show our commitment to the same exact stance we took on August 31, because, that is what I believe is right.

I want to get an Atlas Park 34 up on Saturday.
 Help us make it so.
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 09:50:19 AM »
Oh, of course... I did forget that the server was full after AP33, hah!
Well, honestly that would still be a rousing success, zero question, lol.
;)
Okay... brain needs rest now.
Keep at it, everyone!
--
- Baron Munchausen

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 06:38:51 PM »
Am I to take this as a no?
I really thought the timing may be right for a big rally in-game, but perhaps I am wrong.

--
- Baron Munchausen

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 06:47:14 PM »
The first rally that produced AP33 was planned out much longer than 2 days. Just saying... I believe it's possible to have another successful rally, however it needs to have a date at least a week or two ahead of time to get it plastered over social media and gaming websites. Disadvantage now is I don't think as many people are logging into the game lately. Plan away, because something is better than nothing.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 07:14:16 PM »
Isn't there another rally or something set up for October 20th that has been posted somewhere for a little while now?  I'm going back and forth doing several things so I'm a bit slow in looking for it but I'm sure there is.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 07:29:26 PM »
I believe you're speaking of the Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon (see sticky topic for more information).
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 07:32:12 PM »
... and (I think) Dance Party.

And possibly Media Day.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 07:48:16 PM »
Ah, I had forgotten we had that much time before the first one.
I know all about planning ahead, I just was hoping maybe the attention of the news release might garner attention and interest and that we needed to strike while the iron was hot (especially since the population has dwindled), but I think you're all right in it not being enough time.
So, perhaps next Saturday (I'll check the calenders and such).

--
- Baron Munchausen

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 07:59:23 PM »
Yeah, looked over the other posts, seems the 20th is going to be a busy day.  I hope it's going to be.

Flashtoo

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 08:17:07 PM »
I'll be there, sure.

I don't know about the rest of you, but to me, people who tell me I'm setting up for disappointment - as I see it, I'd only be setting myself up for disappointment if I thought winning was likely, rather than just a slim possibility. Sure, we might end up being Luke Skywalker, but more likely by far, we're going to end up being Boromir.

I'm okay with being Boromir.

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 10:01:31 PM »
We'd need more time to organize this properly, and lot of people have already walked away because it was too painful.   Its been discussed in other threads that if we CANT push for the numbers we had before it gives our opponents and neysayers more fuel that being successful would provide.   We're successful because we keep changing our actions.   Repeating one, and getting lesser results, would be counter productive.   I'm still here, and you're still here.   We picked up a lot of the people still on the official forums.   But a lot of the less hard core folks have already walked away.   Don't get me wrong, if we pull this off i'll be the first person to hand them their mask and cape back, but we need to move with care.