Author Topic: Hero of the City (game)  (Read 1174 times)

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
Hero of the City (game)
« on: October 05, 2012, 02:34:22 PM »
Not sure if we have anyone capable of doing this (or enough time for them to do it), or whether they'd be interested in it, but during my brainstorming I thought of promoting our cause through a simple game on sites like Newgrounds.com.
The idea would be to make an old school arcade game (simple graphics) in the style of Double Dragon, Ninja Gaiden, etc... where the player plays a Super Hero.
Of course on the start up screen screen there would be links to the petition and to this forum* as well as a catchy little message along with a link when they finish the game ("Congratulations Hero, you've saved the city today! However your fellow heroes could use your help in saving theirs!"**).

* Or to a page that actually explains our plight without having to click several forums, preferably with an inspiring picture! Visitors with no investment in the topic have very little patience (as all books on web design quickly point out)

** Except it'd be something actually inspiring! *eyes the talented writers/speakers!*

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
Re: Hero of the City (game)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »
I really like this, for what it's worth :)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 04:01:40 PM »
I've been messing with a MUD/MOO, hoping to get up the basic framework by the end of the month. It's not a platformer, but it is a way to RPG.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 05:17:38 PM »
I've been messing with a MUD/MOO, hoping to get up the basic framework by the end of the month. It's not a platformer, but it is a way to RPG.
That would also work, as would a flash animation of some sort.
And thanks Rae!  ;D
Just tossing out ideas to increase our visibility.