Author Topic: Stock Options  (Read 1870 times)

Crater Labs

• Trivia Champion 2016
  • Minion
Stock Options
« on: October 08, 2012, 06:25:58 PM »
Okay, this may be incredibly impractical and crazy, and as I can't get on much to check the ongoing conversations it's possible that the idea has already been discussed and shut down (and honestly I'm kinda reluctant to mention it in public, but...)

What if we started pooling money and purchasing stock in NCSoft?  I believe plans to reach out to NCSoft shareholders and inform them about this business are already happening, but what about actually purchasing portions of the company doing this?

Now, there's all sorts of stumbling blocks here.  Purchasing enough stock to actually create waves in the organization would be incredibly costly, I'm sure; and there's all sorts of legal and financial issues that would spring up, even if everyone who donates just agrees that the Titan Network or something would be the one holding the shares.

Having said that, I do think that hitting the corporation in the corporate structure might be a way to start making some long-lasting problems other than the negative PR (which seems to be helping its stock prices to drop a bit, based on what I'm hearing.)

Anyway... crazy idea, probably wouldn't work, but... well, I felt I should mention it.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
Re: Stock Options
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 06:53:04 PM »
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Crater Labs

• Trivia Champion 2016
  • Minion
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 07:07:11 PM »
Ooh, didn't see that... thanks!

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 07:13:13 PM »
Consensus: It would be easier and more cost-effective to build a new game than it would be to get enough stock options in NCSoft to actually force them to change their minds. (Based on the thread already cited.)

We'd rather save COH than build a new game. I don't think an angle that would cost MORE than building a new game would be reasonable to pursue.
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 07:23:14 PM »
Ooh, didn't see that... thanks!

No worries. This forum can be pretty fast-moving, so I've got into the habit of flicking through three or four pages :D
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink