Author Topic: 2012 Real World Hero Charity Drive  (Read 6874 times)

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
2012 Real World Hero Charity Drive
« on: November 05, 2012, 09:19:42 PM »
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:39:47 AM by Mr. Wentworth »

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
    • Real World Hero
Re: 2012 Real World Hero Charity Drive
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 09:22:10 PM »
Things are a little different this year, naturally, but we are determined to continue on and have felt the support of quite a number of our fellow heroes. The auction is indeed underway and has over $200 in bids with 5 days remaining before bidding closes. We are working on additional events to share time with our community in game and promote Real World Hero to any friends who have not yet heard of what it is.

Most importantly, we want everyone to know that the charity drive is not ending on November 30th when the servers go dark for City of Heroes. As terribly sad and upsetting as it is, we hope the Real World Hero charity drive can continue on and do good for a long time to come. Bring Real World Hero with you into whatever game or community you may find yourself and let us know where you are. We hope to find welcome among the broader world of gamers and invite them to take part.

Let's make this a really great time of fun, good works, and community! We won't have spiffy gold titles anymore, but we will always consider you all to be Real World Heroes! (with a little invisible title floating just above your heads.)

sultrysiren

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 09:26:51 PM »
We're so excited about this year!! I hope that you'll all help us spread the word through out our community and others you participate in. The folks at Paragon Studios often said that City of Heroes had the most amazing, giving and kindest players...lets show them and the gaming world at large that no matter what, that is -exactly- what we remain.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 08:13:22 AM »
Because I can't load the bidding stuff for some weird reason, you are mentioning in all of the auctions that contain 'codes' (game boxes/costume codes/etc) that the winner won't actually be able to use them, right? Even if you emailed them the codes before sending the physical bits, they shut off all codes on Sept 19th.

Just wanted to make sure you're mentioning that they're bidding for unusable memorabilia only, nothing valid in-game.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 02:51:35 PM »
Because I can't load the bidding stuff for some weird reason,

I was unable to open the auction items in a new tab. But when I clicked on them normally (without sending to a new window or tab), they loaded okay. Perhaps try that?

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 07:45:59 PM »
Because I can't load the bidding stuff for some weird reason, you are mentioning in all of the auctions that contain 'codes' (game boxes/costume codes/etc) that the winner won't actually be able to use them, right? Even if you emailed them the codes before sending the physical bits, they shut off all codes on Sept 19th.

Just wanted to make sure you're mentioning that they're bidding for unusable memorabilia only, nothing valid in-game.

Thanks for bringing this up. I had included text in the description that was perhaps a little tongue in cheek, so I added new language to help clarify that any codes in the auction can no longer be applied to game accounts and that all items are to be considered collector's items. We certainly don't want to have unhappy bidders.

The auction listings are displayed with javascript as an AJAX popup window. Could it be your browser settings that are keeping you from seeing the listings fully? I've been able to view the auction with Firefox 16.0.2, Chrome 22.0.1229.94, and IE 8.0.6001.18702.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 09:27:34 PM »
My name is Hawthorne Grimm, and I support this charity.

Regrettably, this year finds me once again in financial straits. I'm unable to donate to any of these worthy causes.

For that reason, I urge each of us who can to do so. Stand up. Be a hero. Fight injustice on multiple fronts. Do what I cannot, and show the world that City of Heroes has the greatest, kindest, most caring community in all of gaming.

It might be cliche by now, but the words still echo with solid weight behind them.

We are heroes. This is what we do!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »
If you haven't been by the RWH Facebook page, please do stop by and give us a 'Like'. http://facebook.com/realworldhero

You can also follow RWH on Twitter. http://twitter.com/realworldhero

There are approximately 3 days remaining in the charity auction. EVERY item in the auction comes with a Commemorative Unity Rally patch donated by Tim the Enchanter (see pic below), and there are several individual patches in the auction as well. Don't forget to bid! http://realworldhero.com/auction-2012

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 06:26:14 PM »
Join us in AP33 Virtue to countdown the end of the auction bidding this Saturday, November 10th, from 7:00-9:00pm PST!

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 10:08:56 AM »
If any multi-auction winners read this:
One of our rank wants one of the AP33 patches, but his financial situation is frelled to the point he could not bid on auctions. I was hoping to get multiple, but I only won one auction :(
If you have more patches that you are wanting, and would be willing to part with one, let me know I will gladly pay the shipping for it to be sent off to him.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 06:34:55 PM »
I've been out of town and missed the auction, but I've modified my blog so the banner is near the top.  Robin D. Owens
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 02:47:34 PM »
I disagree with this sentiment.

Quote from: The Revenant
I sometimes think access to cash is the greatest superpower of all

sultrysiren

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
I want to thank those of you that were able to participate in an impromptu costume contest on Infinity in the last hour of the game for AP33 Unity Rally Patches. Thanks also to the rest of the Wentworth SG, TonyV, Taxibot Belle, Taxibot SPC Polly, Taxi Thermist, and Taxigirl Heather for helping us judge the contest.

We will be giving away several more AP33 Unity Rally Patches over the next two weeks, so be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
https://www.facebook.com/realworldhero
http://www.twitter.com/realworldhero

Don't forget, the drive doesn't end until December 15th, so there's still plenty of time for our community to show how amazing we are to the world. Spread the word, heroes!

Angelus Animi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 04:27:18 AM »
My patch was waiting in the mailbox this morning.  AP33 forever.  Big thank you to the Wentworths!

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 06:05:47 AM »
Whatever the status of CoH and related projects next year, we totally need to do this again.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

faith.grins

• Boss
  • Split your lungs with blood and thunder.
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 03:55:59 AM »
I pitched $15 into the piggybank for ya.  I think I'm going to resolve that from this day forward, the $15/month that I used to spend on City of Heroes will now go into a separate account which will go towards some sort of charity.  Hopefully Real World Heroes will continue their good work and I can contribute to the legacy of our community, but even if not, I want to live knowing that even if I can't be a Hero in Paragon anymore, I can still do some good somewhere.
Aram:  "Man, just look at all this.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that we get to live surrounded by such wonder."
Gamal:  "We don't live over there." Aram:  "We don't?"
Gamal:  "No.  We live over there." Aram:  "... But it's all on fire."
Gamal:  "Yes it is, Aram.  Yes it is."

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 07:29:45 PM »

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 09:31:08 PM »
Well, there're a couple of votes and an entry.  :)  Thanks, Real World Hero!

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »
Beautiful patch! Voted and entered!

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 04:42:00 PM »
Done...to operation Heifer.