Author Topic: Status Update (November 13)  (Read 43014 times)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: Status Update (November 13)
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »
Do the titles and dots here really matter?  Other than noting red is admin, does anyone really care about this?  I've posted a lot here recently and now it says Boss, instead of Lieutenant or Minion.  To me, that's a big So What.  Now if I could be an ELITE or Juggernaut MINION that might mean something.  (totally joking)   ;)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2012, 11:06:24 AM »
End Mod, of course.

Heh!  Totally End Mod!  Good one!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2012, 01:12:03 PM »
End Mod, of course.

That could work. Hmm, if only I had some sort of third party dot-planning tool...

Now if I could be an ELITE or Juggernaut MINION that might mean something.  (totally joking)   ;)

Oooh now I wanna be a Sniper. Yeah! Snipers are awesome! As strong as a Lieutenant, with only one attack and for some reason you forget how to defend yourself or walk around. Yep, livin' the dream.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2012, 01:23:46 PM »
Do the titles and dots here really matter?  Other than noting red is admin, does anyone really care about this?  I've posted a lot here recently and now it says Boss, instead of Lieutenant or Minion.  To me, that's a big So What.  Now if I could be an ELITE or Juggernaut MINION that might mean something.  (totally joking)   ;)

I was told that it means I'm worth more XP when I'm taken down.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2012, 06:20:54 PM »

LOL

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2012, 07:44:05 PM »

I hate to have to be the one to break it to you...

But you were summoned here through a portal.

Kurukaze

• Underling
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2012, 10:55:50 PM »
NC's stock prizing reached a new 52-week low today - closed at 147,000 KRW, was down to 141,000 KRW even this day:

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/chart?symbol=036570.KS

Any ideas how to get this diving even faster than it is already? GW2 related boards to inform about NC's financial problems?

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2012, 11:18:29 PM »
Wow, you can almost hear the stereotypical whistling-sound of an object being dropped from a high-altitude.
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Pinnacle Blue

• Boss
  • Pinnacle Server is best server.
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2012, 11:29:07 PM »
NC's stock prizing reached a new 52-week low today - closed at 147,000 KRW, was down to 141,000 KRW even this day:

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/chart?symbol=036570.KS

Any ideas how to get this diving even faster than it is already? GW2 related boards to inform about NC's financial problems?

Class-action lawsuit for defrauding us?
Warshades don't take Alphas.  They give Alphas.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2012, 11:30:13 PM »

pikabko1000

• Underling
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2012, 06:47:06 AM »
  Hi there I am trying to gather information regarding City of Heroes. I am doing what ever I can to talk to who ever I like to talk to and give my side of the story.. That Sad story on City of Heroes death 30 minute heart attack warning. a shocking cry out on the Freedom server on the worst day of my life. Some one crying out for FREEDOM<JUSTICE and So on on the Freedom Server he croted " NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
well what a emotional break down happened that moment. Tears running out of eyes litterly. what Showes to prove what a great job Paragon studios had done. I will like to get Paragon Studios phone number if any one got it please give it. I had been trying to fid it my self
Its not easy. Paragon Studios Music Indstory and Paragon Studios Movie  I had talk to some one in a Paragon Studios reguarding this.
they do not know what the heck I am talking about. then I had to explain again what happend. Then I was ported that the Paragon studios I called is a music business. talk about wrong number! if any one got information reguarding Paragon Studios's phone number that is dealing with City of Heroes
please feel free to email me at pikabko3000@yahoo.com sorry got the name dose sound stupid. thats to try to stop spamming.

The other details and Ideas I like to look in to is off line mod for City of heroes. one problem a big one what to do about the PVP zone?
How can PVP can not be done on a off line mode? answer to that is use   Elete Bosses in its place

what about Updates new chaptors and powers and what not. put them on CD or DVD and sell it nation wide

what about NCsoft selling City of Heroes to a buyer? I do not see that comming at all. The hole point of Killing City of Heroes by NCsoft is to kill consuer rights of the USA and make room for something else for Korea China, Taiwan and so forth. Destroy the data. destory the servers
buy new ones and start over. leaving all of us to ponder about Champions online that I had done and I am in the heavy mood to kill the account on that.
I will like to talk to a head manager of COHTITAN what ca nbe done to buy City of heroes. get it back online before X-mas This year.
that will be a great X-mas gift will it be? if I can talk to head people on the subject get some ideas out on the move. rather then sitting hear typing all day long.
please let me know I will like to talk to a lot of people asap. I know there is a 4 to 6 hour gap to deal with
Iwill take any phone call that willo get my ideas and options on the table and force NC Soft out of the loop.
I am big time serious about doing some fast talking. Just not too fast the message gets lost

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2012, 08:39:15 AM »
Wow...  Okay, I'll try to parse that as best as I can.  Apologies if I've misunderstood anything.  :)

First of all, there is no Paragon Studios any more, so you will not be able to find a phone number or contact them.  It literally does not exist any more, so trying to find a phone number for it is like trying to find a phone number for Woolworth's or WebVan.  The developers and reps who worked there have mostly found new jobs, but you can still find some of them on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets.

Second of all, I wish there were an offline mode for City of heroes, but the likelihood of that happening anytime soon is very slim.  There are some reverse engineering efforts underway, but even if they're successful, unless the reverse engineers acquire the IP rights from NCsoft, it will not contain any of the missions, characters, etc. from the original game.  There might be some illegal reverse engineering efforts underway that plan on using the IP without permission, but if so, I honestly don't know about it and, being illegal, couldn't endorse it even if I did.

As for getting the game back online by Christmas, the odds of that happening are virtually nil.  Even if NCsoft sold the rights and codebase to the game today, it would take at least a month or two for the transfer to take place, new servers to be set up, and the new systems launched.  That's why we were hoping so hard in September for talks to go through, so that all of that could have happened by November 30 and service would be interrupted.

As for how to help, keep an eye out for the Calls to Action that are posted in this forum.  Right now, the big one is to write letters to Disney in hopes that they will acquire the game from NCsoft.  Also, if you have any media contacts, by all means contact them to let them know what's going on; the more publicity we have, the better.  And of course, feel free to participate in discussions here about ideas and actions to get our message out and to keep in touch with former players.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2012, 08:44:01 AM »
  Hi there I am trying to gather information regarding City of Heroes. I am doing what ever I can to talk to who ever I like to talk to and give my side of the story.. That Sad story on City of Heroes death 30 minute heart attack warning. a shocking cry out on the Freedom server on the worst day of my life. Some one crying out for FREEDOM<JUSTICE and So on on the Freedom Server he croted " NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
well what a emotional break down happened that moment. Tears running out of eyes litterly. what Showes to prove what a great job Paragon studios had done. I will like to get Paragon Studios phone number if any one got it please give it. I had been trying to fid it my self
Its not easy. Paragon Studios Music Indstory and Paragon Studios Movie  I had talk to some one in a Paragon Studios reguarding this.
they do not know what the heck I am talking about. then I had to explain again what happend. Then I was ported that the Paragon studios I called is a music business. talk about wrong number! if any one got information reguarding Paragon Studios's phone number that is dealing with City of Heroes
please feel free to email me at pikabko3000@yahoo.com sorry got the name dose sound stupid. thats to try to stop spamming.

The other details and Ideas I like to look in to is off line mod for City of heroes. one problem a big one what to do about the PVP zone?
How can PVP can not be done on a off line mode? answer to that is use   Elete Bosses in its place

what about Updates new chaptors and powers and what not. put them on CD or DVD and sell it nation wide

what about NCsoft selling City of Heroes to a buyer? I do not see that comming at all. The hole point of Killing City of Heroes by NCsoft is to kill consuer rights of the USA and make room for something else for Korea China, Taiwan and so forth. Destroy the data. destory the servers
buy new ones and start over. leaving all of us to ponder about Champions online that I had done and I am in the heavy mood to kill the account on that.
I will like to talk to a head manager of COHTITAN what ca nbe done to buy City of heroes. get it back online before X-mas This year.
that will be a great X-mas gift will it be? if I can talk to head people on the subject get some ideas out on the move. rather then sitting hear typing all day long.
please let me know I will like to talk to a lot of people asap. I know there is a 4 to 6 hour gap to deal with
Iwill take any phone call that willo get my ideas and options on the table and force NC Soft out of the loop.
I am big time serious about doing some fast talking. Just not too fast the message gets lost

Hello and greetings, Pikabko.  Yes, many of us had tears flowing when the servers were taken offline on Nov. 30th (or Dec 1st, depending on time zone.)  Some of us still have tears over this loss.  I agree with you, it does go to show and proves what a great job Paragon Studios had done.  (I can only imagine how the development team felt upon walking into that conference room and being told they were laid off while their account privileges were revoked even as they were meeting.)  I don't believe Paragon Studios as such exists any longer; it was also "sunset" by NCSoft.  However, take comfort, Pikabko, that TonyV and a few others have means of contacting many of the development team that gave us City of Heroes.  During the Unity Rally that resulted in AP33, I was assured personally by Melissa "War Witch" Bianco (or someone convincingly posing as her) that the members of the development team were in contact with one another, and I believe still are.

That said, I do NOT have any such contact information, but am certain a number of the development team (formerly Paragon Studios) are well aware that many of their fans are here on Titan Network forums.  1. We, the fans, are trying to have City of Heroes restored.  2.  The most recent initiative towards helping a sale of the Intellectual Property (IP) and rights to City of Heroes is lead by Team Wildcard.  Please read about it here: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,6354.0.html  3.  In addition to writing letters and postcards to Disney Corporation, there are numerous Thank the Media initiatives, to thank and show support for CoH and those in the media covering our story.  4.  Other ideas for initiatives are the topics of various threads on these forums.  I would recommend taking the time to read the forums already here regarding your ideas.  We are all working on this together.  If you don't find a thread that addresses your ideas, you can easily create one to share your ideas.

I'm up at a later than customary hour, saw your post, and wanted you to have a quick reply.  I am NOT anyone official (those are Administrators; it says so in their titles.)  I am simply a fan of City of Heroes.  By the way, while I think everyone here is friendly, you may wish to modify your post so as to remove the email address unless it is an account you created just for this purpose.  I hope you are doing well.  Aloha from Minnesota.   ;D

P.S. since composing this, I see TonyV has responded to you directly.  As you can see he's a Titan Network Admin, thus he IS official and you may trust what he says.  Welcome to the City of Heroes community here on Titan Network forums.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2012, 03:11:39 AM »
Touched base with Brian today.

First: DO NOT FREAK OUT.  He's got some job options on the table.

He plans to get something that will allow him to help us out, so that if our efforts bear fruit and City finds a new home, he can "get the core band back together."  He absolutely intends to do that if we can find the home.

So let's first of all breathe a sigh of relief that Brian is taken care of!  YAY!

He is also going to poke at some of his contacts in a little mouse-house to see what, if any, initial response our pitch-package had, and to see if it is climbing the ladder to someone who can do something about it, but cautions me that it is way, way to early to expect anything from ol' round-ear.

In fact, in general, we can't expect to see movement on anything until after the holidays (which pretty much confirmed my gut feeling.)

He also wants me to tell you all that the Paragon Alumni are all very appreciative and grateful to all of you, and continue to be astounded at what we are doing for them and the game.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:25:51 PM by Victoria Victrix »
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

kult666

• Underling
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2012, 03:39:33 AM »
VV -

Has Brian tried poking NCSoft?  While he might not be able to offer the package to purchase the IP as he did when negotiations started after the announcement, does he have the contacts to find out if they are more willing now?

Or stay in the loop/help mediate?  I think the re-open negotiations thread was meant to ask this but didnt quite hit the mark.  Just wish we had a little more insight into what NCSoft is thinking now that the game is closed.

I'll never give up... but I can't say that I don't need something to help me hold the torch high.

-Kult

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2012, 04:05:54 AM »
My arm may grow numb and cold, but I will somehow keep holding it high. My heart won't let me give up hope.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2012, 04:12:16 AM »
VV -

Has Brian tried poking NCSoft?  While he might not be able to offer the package to purchase the IP as he did when negotiations started after the announcement, does he have the contacts to find out if they are more willing now?

Or stay in the loop/help mediate?  I think the re-open negotiations thread was meant to ask this but didnt quite hit the mark.  Just wish we had a little more insight into what NCSoft is thinking now that the game is closed.

I'll never give up... but I can't say that I don't need something to help me hold the torch high.

-Kult

He's staying in the loop, absolutely.  He fully intends to do whatever he can to facilitate negotiations. 

And I TOTALLY forgot this (publicly available) bomb.

NCSoft is advertising on their job openings page for a new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at NCSoft West.

Yes, that's right.  Looks like karma is having her little say.

May this only creep upwards to Kim and Yoon.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:08:16 PM by Victoria Victrix »
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2012, 04:25:48 AM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2012, 11:23:32 PM »
NCSoft is advertising on their job openings page for a new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at NCSoft West.

This is very interesting!

Have I mentioned my middle name is Keynes? I could possibly bankrupt them with the stroke of a pen! All I have to do now is brush up my resume (A resume is a marketing tool, right? 8)   )

Seriously, odds are there's at least one person who could get hired and be a corporate spy, no? Or, alternatively, arrange for the servers to be moved to some storage closet and start them back up, real sly like. 
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2012, 12:05:47 AM »
Seriously, odds are there's at least one person who could get hired and be a corporate spy, no? Or, alternatively, arrange for the servers to be moved to some storage closet and start them back up, real sly like.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it.

Secure a position for NCSoft. Gain access to their backups of CoH data. Deliver them to Tony.

In all seriousness, this is definitely interesting news. By the new year we'll be needing another serious update, I imagine!
Woo! - Argent Girl