Author Topic: Unity Rally: Last Goodbye  (Read 17578 times)

Shadowhawke

• Minion
Re: Unity Rally: Last Goodbye
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 10:05:57 PM »
If I were a dev, and this happened, I'd spawn Rularuu at 11:58.......

ROFL downix.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 10:11:35 PM »
Not a problem - everyone has access to Night Ward, and picking up the badge in the Midnighter Mansion gives you Cimeroran access.

only problem with this is cim is still lvl restricted, but i assume most poeple who would be doing vigil type thing would be on their 50s

Themiscyra

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 04:16:33 AM »
Just wanna double-check: I thought the servers were shutting off at 12 am PST on November 30th, meaning this event would need to start at 11 pm PST November 29th. Is that not correct? Will the game definitely be shutting down at 12 am PST December 1st?

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 04:24:03 AM »
The latter. We have a full day of playtime on the 30th. Shutdown is 11:59:59pm

Themiscyra

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 08:47:48 PM »
Oh, phew -- that's really good to hear. I'll be there!

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 01:32:39 AM »
It is a wake not a funeral.

If we have any DJ's in the audience please play some wonderful Dixie Jazz to see us out on the day, I recommend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMHJ8PgVatk

This should be the way the game goes out with life and celebration of art, love and joy.

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2012, 02:10:46 AM »
Crap. I won't be on when it shuts off. I can't stay up til 1 AM CST!  :o

I'm here, though.
- Omega Mk. V

biomekanic

• Underling
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 03:21:53 AM »
The only problem I have with this, is I want to be on with my villain, who was my first "keeper" character. General Des'Array and I have been through a lot together in the years we've been around, and I would like to spend my last time there with him.

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 03:45:10 AM »
I going out on the pocket D with my first Character who is a villain.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 04:05:15 AM »
just looked, and EVERY server except for the euro servers and exalted were at least yellow dots (virtue was red)

just more proof that ncsoft has a few screws loose

HeliumPhoenix

• Underling
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 05:17:40 AM »
For the first time EVER, upon trying to log in to Virtue, in ALL the time I've played (since beta), I'm seeing this after selecting virtue (which was red load):

QUEUED ON VIRTUE, 1 OF 1444

Holy crap.....

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 05:55:53 AM »
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I almost missed it!  Family surprised me with tickets to see the Nutcracker with my niece being one of the dancers.  No way I could refuse... well better to brighten a 8 year old's face then to look at a monitor and cry.

Oh I got in!  Queued 4 of 14
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:39:17 AM by Rotten Luck »
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

epawtows

• Elite Boss
  • Mechanical Engineer
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 05:56:41 AM »
Does anyone know what the max logged on is, before it start queueing?

HeliumPhoenix

• Underling
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 08:22:37 AM »
Good-bye, Virtue.....

Program Error Dialog:
"You have been forcibly disconnected.  The servers are shutting down."

Sally Suicide

• Underling
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 08:25:41 AM »
Damn You NCSoft.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2012, 11:06:29 AM »
I'm so terribly, terribly sorry I couldn't/didn't do more. 
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »
Hail Heroes!

I partied and sung merrily with the Devs, Moderators, and plenty of this Game's best! I thoroughly enjoyed my last moments on City of Heroes.

Singing,
Fansy

TheBeatnik

• Minion
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2012, 12:42:20 PM »
Vickie, you've done, and ARE doing, so much. More, I think, than you realize.
When Black Friday hit, I dropped into a dark fatalism, without hope that there was the slightest chance for the game to be saved, until a friend on IRC relayed your anger and determination to fight. Without you, I'd never have come to CoHTitan, and would never have gotten involved in our effort to save the game.
From then until now, whenever my faith flagged, I'd come to these forums and look for you, Tony V, Fansy, and the rest, to recharge my determination.
In the coming days, as we continue to work on Hail Mary, the work you and the crew put into that proposal, and your explanation of the issues involved, will inform my efforts to recruit ever more people into the writing campaign.
Without you I wouldn't have hope at this point; without you there wouldn't BE any hope.

You've worked to the utmost to save our world, and now wish you could have done more? That's pretty much a definition of a hero in my book.
If I haven't thanked you before, you have my heartfelt thanks now.

Regards,
The Beatnik

Surelle

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2012, 02:23:16 PM »
Vickie, you've done, and ARE doing, so much. More, I think, than you realize.
When Black Friday hit, I dropped into a dark fatalism, without hope that there was the slightest chance for the game to be saved, until a friend on IRC relayed your anger and determination to fight. Without you, I'd never have come to CoHTitan, and would never have gotten involved in our effort to save the game.
From then until now, whenever my faith flagged, I'd come to these forums and look for you, Tony V, Fansy, and the rest, to recharge my determination.
In the coming days, as we continue to work on Hail Mary, the work you and the crew put into that proposal, and your explanation of the issues involved, will inform my efforts to recruit ever more people into the writing campaign.
Without you I wouldn't have hope at this point; without you there wouldn't BE any hope.

You've worked to the utmost to save our world, and now wish you could have done more? That's pretty much a definition of a hero in my book.
If I haven't thanked you before, you have my heartfelt thanks now.

Regards,
The Beatnik

I wholeheartedly concur.  Mercedes (and TonyV!) especially deserve our heartfelt thanks.  No matter what happens or doesn't happen, they tried their utmost to help save PS and CoH, inspiring the rest of us along the way.

Whilst the official forums were frothing away into a spiraling drain of doom, I too wish I'd found this place earlier instead.  Thankfully, TonyV and Mercedes' info there  led me here.  This place is much more constructive.

And don't give up the ship, even in the months to come:  A.P.B. was rezzed.  Fallen Earth was rezzed.  Gods & Heroes was rezzed.  Hellgate:  London was rezzed.  Saga of Ryzom was rezzed.  Star Trek Online and Champions Online were sold off by Atari onto PWI and now continue on, as does work on the new Neverwinter online game.  Asheron's call, D & D Online and LoTRO were all bought out from their previous publishers and continue on.

Just because the phoenix does not immediately fly up from the ashes doesn't mean it never will.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2012, 02:28:04 PM »
I didn't actually get to make it to the rally itself. In the end, I went out as I had always played... the game crashed cause the graphics card overheated in my laptop. :o

But it's okay, it's fitting this way. I couldn't think of anything better to do anyway than standing on the steps of City Hall, surrounded by fellow heroes (and maybe a few visiting villains), War Witch floating overhead talking with us, and AVs occasionally spawning in nearby looking for a good facepunching. I was about to log back in when I realized, that's a good memory to go out on. I think I'll leave it there. (That and the shutdown moment would have been 4:30 am my time, and that's a bit much.)

So farewell my beautiful city. And all the wonderful friends I've met, and all the wonderful friends I hadn't met yet. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of each other, but for now the fight lies somewhere else.

Stay safe out there, Paragon City!