Author Topic: Unity Rally: Last Goodbye  (Read 17465 times)

Maressa

• Boss
Unity Rally: Last Goodbye
« on: November 28, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
Hi everyone!

I know it’s been a while since I was around. I’ve been focusing on my own projects. Cataloging over 50 characters, several super group bases and more is no easy task as I’m sure many of you are finding out yourselves. I don’t know about anyone else but I’ve been treating every task force, every mission like it is the last time I will do that particular one. It makes for incredibly depressing evenings. But it can’t be helped. Which brings me to Friday. While I hold out hope that at the last minute someone will be able to save City of Heroes I feel like it is prudent to plan for the worst. I’ve seen only a few plans for the final minutes being discussed on the forums and it’s made me a bit sad. City of Heroes needs to go out with a bang!

And so that is why we are holding one last in game rally! Just like the first one we’re inviting everyone to come to Atlas Park in your home server. We’ll get started at 11 PM PST on November 30th. That’s just one hour before the end. Join us for speeches, torchlight vigils, and the biggest party possible! We’ll spend the final moments together as a unified community.

So, once again here are the details!

What: Unity Rally: Last Goodbye

When: 11 PM PST (2 AM EST, 7 AM GMT) Friday November 30th

Where: City Hall, Atlas Park, Every Server!

Update: Due to popular demand the event has been changed to include every server!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:22:36 PM by Maressa »

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
Re: Unity Rally: Last Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 03:00:02 PM »
The only thing that bothers me about this is the last time we did this we crashed the servers. I really don't want that to happen again and lose time playing or miss the shut down. I'm coming down firmly anti unity rally at this time. Spread it out over the servers or something, or do it earlier in the day. People who have Virtue as a home server might get locked out of their favorite toons. I understand the sentiment, but really bad idea.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 03:06:21 PM »
i agree this is something that should be spread over all servers, and in a more co op location such as pocket d

if we can get yellow dots or more on every server that would be something spectacular as well as show what morons ncsoft are for closing the game

Profit

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 03:06:46 PM »
I heard in Justice United that Justice already had one planned for Justice Server.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 03:07:08 PM »
The only thing that bothers me about this is the last time we did this we crashed the servers. I really don't want that to happen again and lose time playing or miss the shut down. I'm coming down firmly anti unity rally at this time. Spread it out over the servers or something, or do it earlier in the day. People who have Virtue as a home server might get locked out of their favorite toons. I understand the sentiment, but really bad idea.

The only reason it crashed was because one of the devs put a bunch of monsters in Atlas. I imagine if we asked nicely we could make sure that doesn't happen again.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »
i agree this is something that should be spread over all servers, and in a more co op location such as pocket d

If this is something people would prefer then by all means we can do it that way. The reason I picked Atlas is for City Hall. It's iconic and nicer looking than co-op areas.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 03:44:03 PM »
I like the yellow dots on all the servers idea. We show our support, and no one gets shut out of their home servers due to transfers for the event. I'm fine with people doing vigils, but personally, I want to go out playing, so I won't be rallying. Great idea for those that want a vigil.

Oh! Just thought of something. The Rikti event might interfere with vigils/rallies. It also might help crash the game.

Sapphire Jane

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »
Cimerora is a co-op zone and it's beautiful.. however, you have to have access.. so not everyone would be able to go there.   A co-op zone would show true unity but as Mare said, the other co-op zones do not look very nice.  So for villains, they should rally around Lord Recluse in Grandville.  It would be safe enough even for lowbies to get there.

Virtue is my home and I do not want to be locked out of my home server, so everyone should show support on their home server.  I personally have not decided where I want to be when the lights go out, but the outer islands in O have always been some of my favorite spots to just hang out.  It's beautiful and peaceful there.
"I try to forget the night that you left.  It's all so unreal with you gone." Journey

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 03:54:25 PM »
One thing I was never quite clear on: The Rikti Event; is it supposed to explain in-universe the "end of the world?"

Quinch

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 03:54:43 PM »
Cimerora is a co-op zone and it's beautiful.. however, you have to have access.. so not everyone would be able to go there.

Not a problem - everyone has access to Night Ward, and picking up the badge in the Midnighter Mansion gives you Cimeroran access.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 04:24:37 PM »
One thing I was never quite clear on: The Rikti Event; is it supposed to explain in-universe the "end of the world?"

No the events were all ran just closing with the Rikti.  Think who ever doing the set up for the events run figures go out like we started.  Began with Rikti and end with Rikti. 
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »
Yes, I will be on Justice.  I want to be with all the friends I have made over the years on that server.  It just seems like that is the right thing to do (for me at least).

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 05:23:47 PM »
I've updated the event as it seems like everyone wants to remain on their home server. I don't blame you one bit.

djonehitwonder

• Minion
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 05:30:25 PM »
I think most people will prefer to be on their home server, and not hopping around for the final hour.  And most already have plans for the final hours.  Myself, I will be going to bed early and getting up at 2am specifically to be there for the final hour, so I would really hate to find myself locked out of Virtue, my home server.  I'll be on the air for The Cape Radio from 1pm-5pm eastern, so I'll probably just leave One Hit Wonder parked and the game running until I get back, but if the servers crash and I can't log back in, I'll be rather upset.

If you want to do something earlier, that's great, but let people have the final hour to honor the game in their own fashion.

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 06:03:32 PM »
Ive been out of town so I haven't been around.   Seems i've got a lot of work to do.  I have some letters to write, some characters to save with sentinal, and one more toon with maximum costumes to screenshot.    But i'm pretty sure i'll be logged in on the 30th, playing if possible.   In my downtime, i'll be in Atlas park, official rally or not.

~Catgirl Seargent Eve

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 07:22:24 PM »
I'll be there.

See you on Protector for the last day of NCSoft tyranny!

I hope that Deja Vu I had doesn't happen on the 30th, because that means the game will be on sometime later by a better company! :D
- Omega Mk. V

Shadowhawke

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 07:59:45 PM »
 I am thinking Pocket D would be very nice as well, being as everyone can get there. It was thrumming last night on Virtue, the way I'd hope to see on Friday.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 08:08:06 PM »
If I were a dev, and this happened, I'd spawn Rularuu at 11:58.......

Graphite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 09:48:25 PM »
Should be intersting to see how many Virtues are created this time around.  I will of course be there.  I am also thankful for Global Chat so that we can all say goodbye together.

See you in the City and across the Galaxy.

/em salute

lmollea

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »
Well...
Shall I wake up at 7AM on saturday morning?
Sure I will!

Sadly I can't log on Virtue my first toon (he's still on Union and I don't have any transfer tokens to spend...)