Author Topic: Call to Action: Entertainment Weekly -- Decade's Best Game  (Read 22337 times)

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
Re: Call to Action: Entertainment Weekly -- Decade's Best Game
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2012, 02:46:13 PM »
Done!

Arctic Force.

• Lieutenant
  • I am A Blaster.....Floors Fear Me!!
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 02:54:38 PM »
Done
One the biggest entertainment franchises was saved by a letter writing campaign. Now it has 4 spin-off tv shows an animated series, eleven movies plus 1 in the works, multiple games And pretty much started "Fan-Cons". Thanks Mr. Roddenberry  Earn free bitcoin

Electro Kitty

• Underling
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 03:57:42 PM »
Done :)

GoreckiMike

• Minion
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 04:53:37 PM »
Probably, like most people, our Computer deck has not moved much since we set it up. Saying that, for the last 6+ years I have played this Most Fantastic of MMO's, City of Heroes.

Today I took to cleaning the computer nook. That cigar burn, that was the Clockwork King. Those soda stains under the right side, that was my first Rikti Ship Raid.

Each Stain, Marks, Burn, etc. was a Memory of my Battles in CoX. Long live the Heroes I fought with and those Villains I fought against.

GoreckiMike

• Minion
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »
Probably, like most people, our Computer deck has not moved much since we set it up. Saying that, for the last 6+ years I have played this Most Fantastic of MMO's, City of Heroes.

Today I took to cleaning the computer nook. That cigar burn, that was the Clockwork King. Those soda stains under the right side, that was my first Rikti Ship Raid.

Each Stain, Marks, Burn, etc. was a Memory of my Battles in CoX. Long live the Heroes I fought with and those Villains I fought against.

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2012, 07:23:05 PM »
Mission Complete!

Andy

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2012, 07:29:58 PM »
Added to the passionate-tweet-drowning! ;)

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 07:48:08 PM »
As long as you are Tweeting someone...  http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,6606.0.html

Stephen Colbert is a very big fan of fantasy and science fiction.  He's a geek.  He owns Captain America's Shield.  He has his own super hero animated series.  Tek Jensen.  Okay, so it only ran on his own show and for only six episodes but....

Tweet Him!  It would so suite his style of comedy to mention something about an member of the Axis of Evil (sure, it's not North Korea, but his on air personality is always a little fuzzy on geography outside of the US) trying to destroy American Heroes.

Colbert Report Twitter Feed
https://twitter.com/ColbertReport

Stephen Colbert's Personal Twitter Feed
https://twitter.com/StephenAtHome

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2012, 07:51:56 PM »
I'm leary about bombarding celebrities like Sam Jackson or Stephen Colbert -- in this case, Darren opened the door by hosting this poll and so I feel fine with bombarding him with CoH <3
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2012, 08:00:35 PM »
I was joking mostly about Samuel Jackson, but this really is in Colbert's balliwick.  And the Colbert Report twitter feed is Comedy Central, so maybe just send tweets there. 

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2012, 08:03:30 PM »
Tweet Him!  It would so suite his style of comedy to mention something about an member of the Axis of Evil (sure, it's not North Korea, but his on air personality is always a little fuzzy on geography outside of the US) trying to destroy American Heroes.

Wouldn't S. Korea, japan, and China be the Asymptote of Evil? Sure, they're not openly seeking the destruction of <insert Western country/region>, but it is a region of serious competition with Western business, particularly for jobs and manufacturing.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2012, 08:27:03 PM »
Wouldn't S. Korea, japan, and China be the Asymptote of Evil? Sure, they're not openly seeking the destruction of <insert Western country/region>, but it is a region of serious competition with Western business, particularly for jobs and manufacturing.
The Colbert Report has a long running joke about the Axis of Evil as quoted by George Bush.  Iraq, Iran and North Korea.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2012, 08:29:04 PM »
I watch the show.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2012, 09:31:34 PM »

My proposal is two fold:
1.  Go to http://ew.com/vga, but do not vote for one of their titles.  Instead, add a comment:  "Best Game of the Decade: City of Heroes #SaveCoH"
2.  Go to Twitter and tweet to @DarrenFranich :  "Best Game of the Decade: City of Heroes #SaveCoH".

Done and done.
/em holdtorch

Quanta

• Underling
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »
Mission completed.  ;D

Rain Maker

• Minion
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2012, 10:08:16 PM »
And done.

Sil Starstrike

• Underling
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2012, 02:39:21 AM »
Thanks for the idea.... Done and Done!!

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2012, 07:02:26 AM »
Done!
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

Sarge Morris

• Minion
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2012, 09:04:52 AM »
Done.

RogerWilco

• Lieutenant
  • The Adventurous Janitor
    • The Conclave - International Gaming Community
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2012, 10:48:56 AM »
My messages:
To me it has to be City of Heroes. Plenty of games tell a good story, but CoH was unparalleled in how much players were able to make their own. Only some of the pen-and-paper RPGs offer a similar freedom. With your own characters, quests and buildings/bases you could create your own world in the game. I only know of Minecraft in offering a similar kind of freedom.
@DarrenFranich Best Game of the Decade: City of Heroes or Minecraft. Nothing else gives the player as much control and freedom.

It's the two games I play, because of the freedom they give. These are my pure and honest opinion.