Author Topic: Finished Call to Action: CoH is 1st, 3rd in MMOSite Readers' Choice Awards!  (Read 59078 times)

Aethon

• Underling
Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite! Vote Daily Until Jan. 6th!
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2012, 04:42:37 PM »

One thing that concerns me content-wise about this site is a pretty nasty unicorn article about CoH's closing that is linked to from the very same page that you vote for CoH from.

I wouldn't worry about people on the site who live under bridges; if we have a strong showing or, ideally, finish first it's something else positive that we can talk about.

Surelle

Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite!
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2012, 04:49:22 PM »
I don't know if this was answered. MMOSite appears to be a website dedicated to general MMO news. It has its own community, with forums and a cash shop that sells game time cards (including one for Star Wars Galaxies, but I guess it's good for any SOE game - just weird it says SWG specifically). I'm honestly not really sure what the point of the site is, other than advertising for MMOs, but I guess if you're a general MMO enthusiast it would be a cool place.

It also has advertising deals with various MMOs, including web page background ads and giving away free items (they're currently giving away uniforms for STO). They seem generally focused on advertising MMOs run by Asian companies, but they have stuff for all MMOs as well.

Edit to add: You do NOT need to give MMOSite anything to vote. Just click the big link in the OP and click the "Vote" button there.

Before you think this site is too cool, please read my post a couple up before yours.  :)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite!
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2012, 05:02:37 PM »
Before you think this site is too cool, please read my post a couple up before yours.  :)

Oh I don't think it's cool. I don't really get why it exists, actually. But I'm not sure that linking to things related to CoH on the CoH page should be held against them. While all of their content appears to be generated by the site itself, the posts are from individual users. Additionally, they're obviously not out to paint the CoH playerbase in a negative light, or they wouldn't have a link to a post about the Dinner for Devs event, because there's no way to see that as anything but positive; or the "Killing them softly" blog post which is pro-CoH (and anti-NCSoft).
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2012, 05:20:50 PM »
It basically says we're nuts for wanting to save the game, hammers on CoH and especially it's "obnoxious" player base for everything imaginable, and the only comical part is that this supposed reporter seems to have no real knowledge of any of NCSoft's games, how they're run, or what their history is concerning shutting them all down.  She also seems never to have even played CoH to know how many fans it has or what it is really like, let alone how brutishly NCSoft has treated Paragon Studios and CoH's player base

Sounds like someone is butthurt that people had the audacity to criticize a corporation.

drbjr

• Underling
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2012, 05:41:38 PM »
I don't trust big government or big corporations.

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2012, 07:19:43 PM »
Get the word out and keep voting. Now in 2nd!! for Classic MMO!

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2012, 08:31:09 PM »
I have ordered my minions to air-drop my vote onto this poll for today.  They opted to use a bunker-buster delivery device.

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2012, 11:12:33 PM »
Sounds like someone is butthurt that people had the audacity to criticize a corporation.
*shrug*

In a lot of ways Bloggers are at the mercy of their audience requirements.  They need to get talked about and generate traffic.  What generates more traffic?  Posting "Hey these guys are cool" or posting "Hey, these guys are wrong and here's why"?

Didn't care for the article, seemed pretty uninformed, like an opinion fluff piece.  I wouldn't necessarily condemn the website hosting it. 

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite! Vote DAILY Until Jan. 6th!
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2012, 03:58:53 AM »
Just voted again and CoH is second place in both categories! At this rate, we're totally gonna win! 8)
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2012, 04:30:33 AM »
Voted.   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2012, 04:52:54 AM »
Re-voted :)
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2012, 06:00:17 AM »
I just voted and we are currently 2nd in both catagories now

zoser

• Lieutenant
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2012, 06:05:56 AM »
2nd in both categories - there are tons of 'homeless' CoH players out there, we should really get all of them voting. :)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »
We are neck and neck with Perfect World in both categories, but we're gonna have to get a serious "turn out the vote" campaign to beat Knight Online for best community. Anyone who plays CO should put the word out on their global chat channel, since they aren't up for anything.

Belay that. CO is on the list for best community, but they currently sit at #14. They're up for more categories (five), but with just over a thousand votes, I doubt they're doing much better in any one of them.  Maybe we could vote them up, since they're not competition in those categories? Just vote for us, first, so the Best Community vote goes where it belongs... ;)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:48:47 PM by dwturducken »
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2012, 03:30:02 PM »
Voting everyday! We can do this!

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2012, 04:01:10 PM »
Voting every day myself. And we are having an effect!

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2012, 04:32:38 PM »
And I have more than one computer...
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

Capt. Energon

• Underling
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2012, 05:03:15 PM »
We shoud get best F2P as well for city of heroes on http://event.mmosite.com/gameprize/?action=gamelist&id=32
anyone figure out how to add that as a option?

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2012, 05:10:06 PM »
My vote for today's in.

We're currently #2 in both Best Community & Most Classic.

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2012, 05:25:46 PM »
Less than 100 votes to capture first in Classiv MMO. The Knight community has a strong lead in Best Community though. Get out there, spread the word, Vote! Vote! Vote!