Author Topic: Finished Call to Action: CoH is 1st, 3rd in MMOSite Readers' Choice Awards!  (Read 58508 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite! Vote Daily Until Jan. 6th!
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 12:03:54 AM »
Make sure you've voted in each category! The votes for most classic are lagging behind best community! Click the individual category pages below to make sure you've voted for both!

Best Community: 4th Place http://event.mmosite.com/gameprize/?action=gamelist&id=30 (267 votes out of 3rd place , 1409 to 1676)
Most Classic: 4th Place http://event.mmosite.com/gameprize/?action=gamelist&id=32 (65 votes out of 3rd place, 1294 to 1359)
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2012, 12:11:23 AM »
Done.  :)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2012, 12:32:27 AM »
Make sure you've voted in each category! The votes for most classic are lagging behind best community! Click the individual category pages below to make sure you've voted for both! Best Community: 4th Place http://event.mmosite.com/gameprize/?action=gamelist&id=30 (267 votes out of 3rd place , 1409 to 1676)

Dinged a level.  8)

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2012, 12:57:29 AM »
Voted! Seems I can't do the multi-browser thing either, but I'll definitely be doing the multi-day thing.

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 01:20:59 AM »
We've reached 3rd place for Most Classic MMO!

Less than 200 to go before we hit 3rd place for Best Community. I predict we'll have that before the end of the night.

Woof!

I can't wait until we can all vote again tomorrow and take 1st in both categories.

Timelord Tom

• RIP Timlord
  • Lieutenant
    • Paragon Radio Gallifrey
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2012, 01:36:52 AM »
Might I also suggest voting for either DCUO or CO in categories they appear in that COH doesn't.

A strong showing for the super hero genre in general will also help our cause.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2012, 01:42:01 AM »
I guess it doesn't cost anything...

Champions Online doesn't appear to be on there. I don't know if I can vote for just DCUO...
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

zoser

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2012, 04:50:31 AM »
3rd right now - YES!

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2012, 05:17:16 AM »
Yessir! COH has made it to 3rd in Best Community and has temporarily dropped to 4th in Most Classic MMO. We're only 500-550 votes away from 1st in both categories, so set your target, vote daily, and keep spreading it around the community.

I'll admit that I want the juvenile satisfaction of rubbing NCsoft noses in the final results. As of now, COH is far beyond any other NCsoft titles in the list. Aion (48 votes), Lineage II (16 votes), and Guild Wars (13 votes) in the Most Classic MMO category and Guild Wars (16 votes) in the Best Community category. Smoke that, MMOKiller!

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2012, 05:22:21 AM »
My agents have infiltrated this poll and added my vote.  They are in the process of extraction and will monitor for further voting opportunities.

zoser

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2012, 05:23:40 AM »
Poetic justice anyone?
Great name for a new toon to create once (yup, I am saying it) TonyV, VV and the comunity at large saved our city! ;)
I call dibs.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2012, 05:27:13 AM »
Remember, this is a MARATHON, not a sprint. Vote every day! Keep CoH up at the top!
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Optimus Dex

• Boss
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2012, 06:44:30 AM »
Voted.

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2012, 08:43:08 AM »
The other games have a big advantage, because their devs can post the link on their website

Think we could ask the former devs to promote this on their twitter accounts?
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2012, 03:46:46 PM »

I don't see why not.

Edit: Note that you CAN use different computer / IP addresses (like home and work, for example) to vote more than once daily!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:12:23 PM by Felderburg »

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2012, 04:19:47 PM »
Quote from: Xieveral
Some have already been retweeting it for us! :)

Sophronisba

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2012, 04:20:41 PM »
We're only three votes away from second place for Most Classic!

Surelle

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2012, 04:26:10 PM »
I've been voting every day since this thread went up!

One thing that concerns me content-wise about this site is a pretty nasty unicorn article about CoH's closing that is linked to from the very same page that you vote for CoH from.

Click the tab on the right called "Microvoice" then click on the link in the 2nd post down.  It's called... City of Heroes Shutting Down But Are Recent Demands from Gamers Going Too Far?

Here is the direct link to the article:  http://my.mmosite.com/26332350e310fcdf8784c1f261a0f052/blog/item/facc8c3ea6676bcdb5fe83f443f236df.html

It basically says we're nuts for wanting to save the game, hammers on CoH and especially it's "obnoxious" player base for everything imaginable, and the only comical part is that this supposed reporter seems to have no real knowledge of any of NCSoft's games, how they're run, or what their history is concerning shutting them all down.  She also seems never to have even played CoH to know how many fans it has or what it is really like, let alone how brutishly NCSoft has treated Paragon Studios and CoH's player base.

You can actually post comments to her article without needing a login, so you don't have to get too embroiled with the actual site anyway.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:48:34 PM by Surelle »

Aethon

• Underling
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2012, 04:36:30 PM »
And we have second in the Classic MMO category

Still work to do.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite!
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2012, 04:37:22 PM »
Hang on, now. I'll go vote, but before I give out my e-mail, what is MMOSite?

I don't know if this was answered. MMOSite appears to be a website dedicated to general MMO news. It has its own community, with forums and a cash shop that sells game time cards (including one for Star Wars Galaxies, but I guess it's good for any SOE game - just weird it says SWG specifically). I'm honestly not really sure what the point of the site is, other than advertising for MMOs, but I guess if you're a general MMO enthusiast it would be a cool place.

It also has advertising deals with various MMOs, including web page background ads and giving away free items (they're currently giving away uniforms for STO). They seem generally focused on advertising MMOs run by Asian companies, but they have stuff for all MMOs as well.

Edit to add: You do NOT need to give MMOSite anything to vote. Just click the big link in the OP and click the "Vote" button there.