Author Topic: Finished Call to Action: CoH is 1st, 3rd in MMOSite Readers' Choice Awards!  (Read 58519 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite! Vote DAILY Until Jan. 6th!
« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2012, 08:58:14 PM »
SWG is 12th in Best Community, it turns out, and 20th in Most Classic.

Edit: They also closed a long time ago. In 2011, in fact. So... I'm not really sure why they're in the 2012 awards.

Further Edit: Should CoH be in the 2013 awards, it will be a good comparison.

Just remember... we have staying power.
I've been voting every day, as have many of us all.
Slow and steady wins the race...

Maybe the others will fall off...

Maybe their bots will falter...

There is clearly no question who has the best community.
Name one other community that would be ranking so high after the game was shutdown.

Just had to quote to reiterate this.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:45:44 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Wingnaut

• Underling
« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2012, 11:57:56 AM »
WOOT! Just dinged us at the 6k vote mark on most classic!  ;D

CapaDevans

• Minion
« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2012, 09:43:58 PM »
I'm totally bemused how we're losing best Community. Someone is doing something fishy.

Call out to all the villains ... get to it!

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2012, 01:20:31 AM »
I'm totally bemused how we're losing best Community. Someone is doing something fishy.

Call out to all the villains ... get to it!

Both games ahead of us are offering in game rewards for voting. MicroVolts has daily rewards, while Knight Online has promised rewards if they finish in the top 3 in their categories.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2012, 05:18:28 AM »
Best Community - COH = 6,872
Best Community - Bots - 17,389
Closest Rival - Knights - 11,413

Yeah....Unless we convince the 21k people through youtube videos and launching an online champagne to vote for both catagories two or three days in a row for all of them. No way lol.

Most classic we got this won already because we are smoking the others by 2k or more there. We just gotta keep it up to stay ahead. 

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2012, 05:32:53 AM »
Considering our game is closed, our legacy of being a community that cares for its own and for its game is being shown. We might not be putting out the most votes - just as we might not have been the largest community - but we're devoted.

That means something.
Woo! - Argent Girl

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2012, 06:10:46 AM »
Whatever you do... please do not stop voting for Best Community.

We have no idea if the other game's voters/bots will continue through to the end.
We know that we can though.

--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

æhæd

• Underling
  • Oh! Really?
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2012, 03:53:56 PM »
Late to the party but two days now done. Fantastic to see we can party in our cryosleep

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2012, 04:36:09 PM »
We have no idea if the other game's voters/bots will continue through to the end. We know that we can though.

Nobody passes up free stuff, and Microbots at the very least is giving people more inf., virtual cash, whatever you want to call it, for EVERY single vote they put in. That guarantees it'll continue until the end.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2012, 05:23:45 PM »
Just for kicks, I'm throwing a little love to CO, but not in "our" categories. They aren't even in the top 10 for any category, but they're within striking distance for "Favorite MMO" and "Best F2P."
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2012, 04:12:28 AM »
I will be out of town from the 19th on, so the OP won't be updated in that time. But it looks like everyone has this covered. Just make sure you keep voting daily!

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2012, 05:34:56 AM »
Pshew, man, that is crazy, but yeah... those votes aren't trailing away.
I hope the reality of these things is noticed by others, regardless of whether it affects the outcome.
 :)
Still, I'm voting for both categories each day.
Hopefully no one will take up such practices for the other category!

Not that these contests really mean anything other than hits to their websites... but it is certainly a good showing for the meaningfulness of CoH and our cause.
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2012, 06:28:45 AM »
"Not that these contests really mean anything other than hits to their websites... but it is certainly a good showing for the meaningfulness of CoH and our cause."

It means standing up for each other and anyone who has ever lost a game they loved. Sure, it's hits for them, but for us, it's a show of solidarity. Our game is gone, but we're still here. We still matter... and we want our home back.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2012, 03:55:09 PM »
It means standing up for each other and anyone who has ever lost a game they loved. Sure, it's hits for them, but for us, it's a show of solidarity. Our game is gone, but we're still here. We still matter... and we want our home back.

I just hope that if CoH is on next year's (and why not? SWG is on this year's, even though it was shut down in 2011) we do better than them.

I hope the reality of these things is noticed by others, regardless of whether it affects the outcome.

In the FAQ forum thread on MMOSite, there is at least one poster noting that the whole thing is a joke because of people rotating ISPs to get more in game gear from bribing companies.

The way I see it, even if CoH gets top 3 in each category, we've still done a heck of a lot better than many games with active subscribers.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2012, 03:57:12 PM »
Remember to vote every day!

There are some games that advertised the campaign when it started, but haven't done anything since. We can't assume that will still be the case in January - they may realize they need a last minute bump and make posts about it again, or start bribing right before the voting is over.

Moral of the story: we need as many votes as possible!

Edit: It looks like if you open the category pages first, and then the main page, you can get multiple votes in, but not the other way around.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2012, 04:13:52 PM »
Edit: It looks like if you open the category pages first, and then the main page, you can get multiple votes in, but not the other way around.

Oooh. I'll have to try this for tomorrow's vote. :)

lpguy26

• Underling
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2012, 04:20:16 PM »
I can confirm this works.... just got double votes :)

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2012, 04:27:23 AM »
I can confirm this works.... just got double votes :)

Excellent. I modified the OP to have all three links in big letters.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2012, 06:26:24 AM »
wtf are some of these game? Microvolts and knight online seem to be ahead of us for best community. I haven't even heard of them.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #179 on: December 19, 2012, 09:01:43 AM »
I was puzzled, too....37303 votes for a gaming community I have never heard of??? Something is fishy 
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.