Author Topic: Finished Call to Action: CoH is 1st, 3rd in MMOSite Readers' Choice Awards!  (Read 58516 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: Call to Action: Vote for CoH at MMOSite! Vote DAILY Until Jan. 6th!
« Reply #180 on: December 19, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »
I was puzzled, too....37303 votes for a gaming community I have never heard of??? Something is fishy 

If you check upstream you will find that the two games are paying their subscribers in in-game goodies for every vote.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2012, 01:55:49 PM »
If you check upstream you will find that the two games are paying their subscribers in in-game goodies for every vote.
This is why I'm shocked that they aren't ahead of us in all categories. Ah well, I will take the boons where I can get them.

Ceremonius

• Lieutenant
  • Here we are now! Entertain us! ~Nirvana
« Reply #183 on: December 19, 2012, 06:39:42 PM »
I wonder if thus "rewards" for voting aren't sort of...well....cheating?
Due the fact that other games are shut down there is no way to keep the balance in thus votes O.o.

It's a pretty odd behaviour from both games against the other, fair, competitions :/
No Guts, No Glory! No Pain, No Gain!
One for all, all for one; Riders on the range!
No Guts, No Glory! We're taking a stand!
Ready to prove it again!
~Galaxy Rangers

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #184 on: December 19, 2012, 07:08:55 PM »
I wonder if thus "rewards" for voting aren't sort of...well....cheating?
Due the fact that other games are shut down there is no way to keep the balance in thus votes O.o.

It's a pretty odd behaviour from both games against the other, fair, competitions :/

Personally, I very much feel like it's cheating to use ingame rewards to drum up votes for "best community". That's what's so great about all this... maybe we're only in third place, but we now know for a fact that no other game community can honestly compare to ours.

It takes cheating to beat what we've got. 8)

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #185 on: December 19, 2012, 07:17:54 PM »
Personally, I very much feel like it's cheating to use ingame rewards to drum up votes for "best community". That's what's so great about all this... maybe we're only in third place, but we now know for a fact that no other game community can honestly compare to ours.

It takes cheating to beat what we've got. 8)
;D You have that right!

Solaris

• Minion
« Reply #186 on: December 19, 2012, 10:57:33 PM »
Considering that we got it that high and we no longer even have a game ..Yea i'll take that as a personal win.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2012, 12:52:22 AM »
What I love is that WoW isn't even in the top ten of any category, except for "Best Pay2Play," where they're second.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2012, 01:02:13 AM »
wtf are some of these game? Microvolts and knight online seem to be ahead of us for best community. I haven't even heard of them.
Earlier posts confirm that these games and others are bribing their game communities with in-game rewards for voting. Don't give it a second thought and be proud that we are in third place out of pure loyalty to the game and community.

Knight Light

• Lieutenant
« Reply #189 on: December 20, 2012, 09:54:56 AM »
Don't give it a second thought

I'm proud that we're on the map but what the other two game developers are doing seems very wrong to me.

Knight Online seems less bad with the "If we win; we'll do events" route but what Microvolts is doing seems completely reprehensible: "We'll give you money for voting for us."

I've sent two email to MMOsite's PR person @:

Michelle (PR Representative)
Responsible for Advertising , Event , News , etc.
Email:
news@mmosite.com
MSN:
mmositeeditor9@hotmail.com

1st
It has come to my attention that the makers of the Microvolts game are paying off their community in order gain more votes for the awards.

http://www.microvolts.com/

This seems to me like an unacceptable practice for anyone that has been nominated for any kind of award. At the very least there are ethical implications if not an outright defilement of the voting pool. I ask that you please look into the matter.

2nd
I still have not heard back from you regarding Microvolts clearly unethical practice of buying votes. They are over 20,000 votes ahead of anything else and that is questionably all due to Microvolts paying off their community in order to garner more votes. It is a ridiculously inflated number and what they are doing is unethical by any democratic standards. Please do something about this, we are preparing to take this matter to other media.

Waiting to hear back from them.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #190 on: December 20, 2012, 12:36:32 PM »
Way to go, Knight.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2012, 04:41:12 PM »
Doesn't look like we'll get #1 in community, 4vs1.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #192 on: December 20, 2012, 05:11:11 PM »
Sadly the company probably won't care. The 'ethics' of any internet contest these days is utterly pathetic. It's amazing how many times I see art contests that are 'rigged' before they even start. I can't count how many times I've seen all these complex ground rules for an art contest, about what the art piece should and should not be - acceptable mediums and content and deadlines... and then finally at the very end of the long manuscript, they say, "Make sure to tell all your Facebook friends to..." and I close the tab right there. Granted, some people would cheat even without that recommendation, but why even bother encouraging that kind of behavior? It then comes down to who has the most people on their friends list, which is absolutely disgusting. /endrant

Ad_Astra

• Lieutenant
« Reply #193 on: December 21, 2012, 12:05:37 AM »
It would be nice to get both of them over 10,000. Keep voting folks!

FlameBailador

• Underling
« Reply #194 on: December 21, 2012, 03:53:03 AM »
I'm having a problem voting...every once in a while I sneak a vote in, but for days on end it says I already voted today and should come back tomorrow.  Any ideas?  I close and reopen the window, and still no luck.  :(

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #195 on: December 21, 2012, 03:54:17 AM »
I'm having a problem voting...every once in a while I sneak a vote in, but for days on end it says I already voted today and should come back tomorrow.  Any ideas?  I close and reopen the window, and still no luck.  :(

Same problem here.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #196 on: December 21, 2012, 06:29:03 AM »
Hrm, I've not had that problem.
I do have to refresh the page if more than one of those pages are open at a time. It'll just say that my vote didn't go through or something... and I refresh and then vote with zero problem.

Unfortunately, that is not likely to help you two.  :-\
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #197 on: December 21, 2012, 06:34:22 AM »
Use a different browser. I have that glitch with Firefox, so I copy the URL to IE and can vote just fine. I think it's a cookie issue, or something, but it's not worth clearing my cache for if I have a work-around.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #198 on: December 21, 2012, 08:19:24 AM »
I cleared my cookies for just mmosite and it worked fine afterward.  Was having trouble before.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #199 on: December 21, 2012, 11:19:06 AM »
I've found that it's not tracking by calendar day so much as a 24-hour period.  So, if I don't vote until 11:00 pm one day, I can't vote before 11:00 pm the next day.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov