Author Topic: Alert the Colbert Nation (We need a Colbert SuperNation TV-Ready Webpage!)  (Read 65368 times)

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
Re: Alert the Colbert Nation (We need a Colbert SuperNation TV-Ready Webpage!)
« Reply #280 on: December 15, 2012, 05:06:26 AM »
It wouldn't hurt to change Kim's shirt to be all one color.

Also yeah, this is good. It gives us time to make a good website, not just "a website".

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #281 on: December 15, 2012, 05:40:07 AM »
Also yeah, this is good. It gives us time to make a good website, not just "a website".

So you're saying my website is no good?  :'(

;D

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #282 on: December 15, 2012, 05:50:04 AM »
I think it needs more explosions, a complex meta-ARG game, a tad bit more sex appeal, and some explosions.

Then it'll be wicked sweet.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #283 on: December 15, 2012, 05:59:58 AM »
So you're saying my website is no good?  :'(

;D

Not at all, your webpage was never even finished. Just like you don't judge a game by its alpha, you don't judge a website in progress. I'm just saying that in its current state, it wouldn't be worth sending to anyone. We'd want a complete, professional looking website, or close to it. I'm not saying you're incapable of doing that, I'm saying that the current temporary page doesn't meet that standard.

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #284 on: December 15, 2012, 06:08:28 AM »
Well if we are starting anew so to speak... My swift brain just put that all together - then we can do anything.
This was a VERY fast throw together. Main focus was just color code for theme and task, block it out for info flow. Nothing fancy.

I'll come up with some better options for you guys in a password protected area, we can develop the ideas and see what we get. Publish it, get feedback, swap back and forth, etc. Everything is very modular so no worries.

My weekends are Sunday / Monday so just keep the ideas coming and I'll work on a good layout this weekend. I'll PM you guys with the pw.

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #285 on: December 15, 2012, 06:11:09 AM »
Not at all, your webpage was never even finished. Just like you don't judge a game by its alpha, you don't judge a website in progress. I'm just saying that in its current state, it wouldn't be worth sending to anyone. We'd want a complete, professional looking website, or close to it. I'm not saying you're incapable of doing that, I'm saying that the current temporary page doesn't meet that standard.

I was seriously just ribbing you Perfi... Believe me - if this was what I considered a *good* website, I wouldn't have any business. ;)
Sorry if I gave you any other impression - the smiley at the bottom was to imply I was just giving you a hard time. I knew you did not mean anything other than what you just said.

EDIT: edited for pselling mitsakes

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #286 on: December 15, 2012, 06:13:31 AM »
a tad bit more sex appeal...

and some explosions.

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Mandrake

• Boss
« Reply #287 on: December 15, 2012, 06:17:49 AM »

Holy crap! Is that by *any* chance open source? *Wife nudges past to keyboard* Is there a 'male counterpart'?!
lol - ok yeah that to.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #288 on: December 15, 2012, 06:21:18 AM »

<snipped>

and some explosions.

<snipped>

yessssssssssss
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #289 on: December 15, 2012, 06:34:42 AM »
Hehe, sorry Manny. I just appreciate the work you're doing and didn't want to take the risk that you thought I was crapping on it.

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #290 on: December 15, 2012, 07:10:17 AM »
I've actually come up with an idea for an image to use.  I can handle the necessary Photoshopping to make it happen.  Envision, if you will:

The smoldering ruins of Atlas Park.  On the steps of city hall, Statesman lies defeated and bloodied.

Above him, hovers the victorious Taek Jin Kim, in full villain regalia.  His costume is that of a self-styled conqueror, overcompensating for something.  His costume bears the distinctive purple-blue and gold of the NCSoft logo.  I will Photoshop the actual logo onto his chest.

Behind them, in the arms-up-in-the-air throes of the /grief emote, is Stephen Colbert in an immediately identifiable ultra-patriotic superhero costume.

In the case of both, I can easily Photoshop the appropriate faces.  There's a perfect image of Colbert being sad that I've downloaded, and a particularly greasy smug photo of Kim I've got, too.

I just lack the technical skills to actually put together the demofile to make this happen.  I sent Leandro an email, but he's asleep in his part of the world.

Below are my proposed costumes for Kim and Colbert:

Thoughts?

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #291 on: December 15, 2012, 07:17:29 AM »
I've actually come up with an idea for an image to use.  I can handle the necessary Photoshopping to make it happen.  Envision, if you will:

The smoldering ruins of Atlas Park.  On the steps of city hall, Statesman lies defeated and bloodied.

Above him, hovers the victorious Taek Jin Kim, in full villain regalia.  His costume is that of a self-styled conqueror, overcompensating for something.  His costume bears the distinctive purple-blue and gold of the NCSoft logo.  I will Photoshop the actual logo onto his chest.

Behind them, in the arms-up-in-the-air throes of the /grief emote, is Stephen Colbert in an immediately identifiable ultra-patriotic superhero costume.

In the case of both, I can easily Photoshop the appropriate faces.  There's a perfect image of Colbert being sad that I've downloaded, and a particularly greasy smug photo of Kim I've got, too.

Thoughts?
Heck, sounds interesting to have a look at, at least.  Go for it.

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #292 on: December 15, 2012, 07:23:28 AM »
Holy crap! Is that by *any* chance open source? *Wife nudges past to keyboard* Is there a 'male counterpart'?!
lol - ok yeah that to.

I actually covered her up a bit....here is the 'original'

Lady Heromorph

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #293 on: December 15, 2012, 08:03:27 AM »
and some explosions.

This shows blue on my browser, is that intended ?

More sex appeal. "Disappearing" one (because it was unfinished and I lost the svg in my first hard drive crash, so I can't finish it)
Yeeessss....

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #294 on: December 15, 2012, 08:05:00 AM »
Yes, it is blew...ah. er blue :)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #295 on: December 15, 2012, 02:01:46 PM »
Just another idea altogether, how about polishing off the Tek Jansen costume and then put together a couple minute demo video featuring him in a pseudo CoH world, encountering the NCsoft demon. It'd be somewhere between a fanfic and an informative piece.

Seems to me like that might provide some extra grabbing power than the 'Colbert nation' reference.

Quinch

« Reply #296 on: December 15, 2012, 02:17:56 PM »
That reminds me - in the midst of all the demorecord functionality digging, did anyone unearth the ability to reload a demofile without restarting the whole client?

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #297 on: December 15, 2012, 02:26:41 PM »

I just lack the technical skills to actually put together the demofile to make this happen.  I sent Leandro an email, but he's asleep in his part of the world.

Below are my proposed costumes for Kim and Colbert:

Thoughts?

My thoughts are the avatars you've created are awesome, especially with the Photoshop refinements you're suggesting.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #298 on: December 15, 2012, 03:02:42 PM »
Heck, sounds interesting to have a look at, at least.  Go for it.
I''m sure it would be ok to use the American Legion's costume.
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #299 on: December 15, 2012, 05:43:10 PM »
You guys are giving great feedback. I'd like to try my hand at a couple of the suggestions and refine the images. :)
Save City of Heroes | http://www.ourcityofheroes.com/