Author Topic: Alert the Colbert Nation (We need a Colbert SuperNation TV-Ready Webpage!)  (Read 65022 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
We started this over in the Hail Mary TF, but I think we need to move it here, because this needs to be BIG.

Steven Colbert is a huge geek.  He LOVES comic books and superheroes.

There was a Colbert Nation SG.

His on-air persona is geographically challenged enough to conflate South Korea with North Korea.

EVIL KOREANS DESTROYED HIS SUPER GROUP!

http://www.colbertnation.com/
If you would like to write Stephen, you can mail etters to:

Stephen Colbert
c/o The Colbert Report
Comedy Central
513 West 54th Street
New York, NY 10019

Phone: 212-262-6033

We need a big splashy webpage that is TV ready with Evil NCSoft CRUSHING the valiant and patriotic heroes of the Colbert Nation and a link to the SaveCoH page.

CAN YOU DO THIS?

HELL YES, YOU CAN!
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
Re: Alert the Colbert Nation (We need a Colbert SuperNation TV-Ready Webpage!)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 10:37:21 AM »
...my name is Hawthorne Grimm, and I support this message.

* DrakeGrimm stamps it with the HG Seal of Approval
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 10:40:06 AM »
This needs to be either stickied, or stickied in its own subsection.

It also needs an example of what is "TV ready", for those who don't know.
Yeeessss....

Quinch

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 12:18:45 PM »
For those of us on the wrong end of the planet where regular or even air mail doesn't reach very quickly, does anyone have an idea what the best route would be? I tend to get a little too wordy for Twitter.

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 07:26:26 PM »

Vikki Kill Stealed My Mob!

(Insert Grin Here)

It's okay, I stole it from kalynnda13 and the initial discussion here here if you care to read:
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,6606.0.html

But here is the gist of it.  As reported above, Stephen Colbert is a huge geek.  He literally possess Captain America's Shield.  Several years back when Marvel ran the Winter Soldier Arc (which is rumored to be the plotline of the upcoming movie) they had Captain America assassinated.  Marvel Editors appeared on The Colbert Report and said Captain America left his shield to Stephen Colbert in his will as Stephen was the only American worthy of carrying on the fight.

Stephen has his own super hero/super spy, Tek Jansen, who had nine 'episodes' aired on the Colbert Report and ran as a five issue special comic from Oni Press.

Stephen Colbert is one of us.

The On Air Personality that is Stephen Colbert is on our side.  This is exactly the kind of comedy his show does.  An American Institution/Company being destroyed by evil communistic forces.  Or by communists that don't understand good old American free market economy. 

His persona on the show is of a Right Wing commentator who speaks loudly and often about things he doesn't really understand but so long as they feel like they are right, then that's just fine.  Under this guise, he has fought for the rights of migrant workers, even traveling to speak before Congressional Hearings on the subject. 

More importantly for us, The Colbert Report is a topical show, written daily for production in the evenings, so there is every chance we could get a mention if we can just catch their attention. 

So this is the plan.  Tweet and Twitter and Splash his Face Book Page with the 'Save CoH' campaign.  We need the immediate impact that internet contact can provide.  I am not saying "You Can't Write Letters!" but...  well the truth is that with the Holidays coming fast, his show will be going into reruns in the next week or so, and we want to get mentioned before that happens.

I do not feel this sort of campaign is out of order.  The Twitter Account information is publicly available from Comedy Central's website. 

Comedy Central can be contacted via website feedback at
http://www.comedycentral.com/help/website-feedback

The Colbert Nation Comedy Central Home Page
http://www.colbertnation.com/

The Colbert Report Face Book Page
http://www.facebook.com/thecolbertreport

Stephen Colbert's Personal Twitter
https://twitter.com/StephenAtHome

The Colbert Report/Colbert Nation Twitter
https://twitter.com/ColbertReport

The idea is to try and hit them hard starting tonight/tomorrow morning (depending on your time zone) with the intent of having the Twitter Feed be buzzing with City of Heroes.  Some intern has the job of reading the Twitter feed come Monday morning and we want him to have a reason to tell the writers of the show about us. 

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 08:43:53 PM »
Sounds like a good idea....   ;D

...never mind I can't STAND the guy(or any political talk shows of any kind in any medium, serious or otherwise), but, considering this is CoH we're talking about, I'll tolerate him...for now.   :-X

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 08:49:32 PM »
I like this approach.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 10:24:02 PM »
For those who have never seen his show (all both of you); the intro is him decending Iron Man style holding an American flag and landing in same fist down Iron Man style. Also, unless your blind, you will see Captain America's shield behind his head in the background. Yeah. He's like us. :D
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 11:45:02 PM »
If we get our home back and have super groups again. Gonna have to recreate the Colbert Nation and let more people join lol. The only members left at the end were just me and my irl friends. Everyone else who played apparently quit the game before the end unfortunately.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 12:28:51 AM »
Not only have I never seen his show, I've never heard of him. From looking at the link VV posted, I can't figure out what his claim to fame is.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 12:41:13 AM »
Not only have I never seen his show, I've never heard of him. From looking at the link VV posted, I can't figure out what his claim to fame is.

Steven Colbert is a satirist host of a comedic "news show"  which parodies American conservativism by pretending to be its strongest supporter in such an over the top way as to visibly expose holes in its logic. Steven Colbert himself began on John Stewart's The Daily Show as one of staff such as Ed Helms and Samantha Bee. Eventually he got his own show. That's pretty much a quick primer.

He's also entertained the white house, so he's sort of a big deal.
Woo! - Argent Girl

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 12:42:29 AM »
umm...he is the most famous t.v personality in the News world.

He is one of those comedy news channel personalities and you REALLY should watch one of his shows. Just watch on the website. Not as Funny as John Stewart but he found a better mix of Factual and comedy than he did and we learn a lot more from watching him vs john when all we want is a few laughs because he said a funny thing.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 12:46:16 AM »
Who is more funny/informative often depends on the night.

John's guests are often less informative though, which gives Steven an edge on that angle.
Woo! - Argent Girl

Merseine

• Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 12:50:59 AM »
Facebook: done
Twitter: done and done
Comedy Central website: done
Colbert Nation website: done.

*fingers crossed*
/em holdtorch

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 12:55:30 AM »
http://www.colbertnation.com/full-episodes/fri-december-7-2012-news-media

Just wanted to share this with everyone here. So go out and watch it!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 03:25:57 AM »
An example of a TV-ready webpage is this:

When we get their attention we have to think in terms of the visual equivalent of a soundbite.  One splashy page that sums up EVERYTHING, with a single click-through to, say, here and Leandro's SaveCoH page.

We need a BIG graphic with Evil NCSoft crushing the Colbert SuperNation beneath its feet, and maybe bashing the top of the Atlas park dome (and the FLAG!) over with its fist.  I'd say NCSoft as a Faceless Giant Corporate goon in a suit with an NCSOFT chest badge.

Title over the graphic: EVIL KOREAN CORPORATION DESTROYS COLBERT SUPERNATION!

Text under the graphic: On Dec 1, NCSoft, a Korean gaming corporation, unilaterally shut down the most popular superhero game in the world, City of Heroes, destroying in one blow thousands of characters, including the Colbert SuperNation.  For more information click HERE.

That gives the interns everything they want to know to see if they will take it one step higher.  If they do, they get directed to Titan Net and SaveCoH for a lot more information.

CAN YOU DO THIS?  I think you can!
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 06:50:56 AM »
me? Nah...I have no real photo editing skills or anything like that. Lets ask around the forums and see if  we can find someone. I know there is at least a dozen who can.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »
me? Nah...I have no real photo editing skills or anything like that. Lets ask around the forums and see if  we can find someone. I know there is at least a dozen who can.

::Channeling Liam Neeson::  QUICKLY!  FIND AN ARTIST!  THERE'S NO TIME!

Roughtrade

• Boss
  • Sitting on a Cornflake
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »
An example of a TV-ready webpage is this:

When we get their attention we have to think in terms of the visual equivalent of a soundbite.  One splashy page that sums up EVERYTHING, with a single click-through to, say, here and Leandro's SaveCoH page.
Basically just giving this a bump since I feel I might have derailed the thread yesterday.

This would be an excellent idea.  Who knows?  If we pull it off they might even use YOUR WORK on their webpage or take a screen grab and use it as a splash if we get lucky enough to get an On Air mention.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 07:32:45 AM »
Do you guys still need someone to build this site?  I can do it if you want.  I was waiting to see if someone who does this for a living was going to step up before I said anything.  I'm a design student, but I can make a fairly decent web page.  Nothing terribly, terribly fancy or anything, but not bad looking.